January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked at in isolation, sure. However, teams from Portugal have been lining a long, long, long list of huge transfers out for years and years now. Imho, it isn't a given, that someone should come with any sort of discount, because they come a sub-elite league.

Their track record of producing, or buying to further develop, players is top notch. The hit rate - in terms of players performing well in the top leagues as well - is damn impressive.

I'd be ten times more comfortable with us paying the going price for someone out of Portugal than say Holland or Belgium. Or even France or Germany.
Players from Ligue 1 have an impressive record in the EPL as well, so it's a close call. I would be happy to take some of the best players in Ligue 1 to Spurs.
The best players in the Bundesliga end up at Bayern or bigger clubs than Spurs.
The problem with the Belgian league (heard from an acquaintance who knew some who have played there as a youth) is that so many of the players there are more focused on showcasing themselves in order to get to a bigger league (that is what I was told but not saying it need to be the case).

More playing time. No point of warming the bench at City. At 21 we could be a stepping stone club for him where he'd get plenty of football. And I'm sure we could have matched the salary and transfer fee. The only thing I can think of is that he didn't suit the profile Conte was looking for. Else, it seemed like a no-brainer to me.
So your happy for Tottenham to be a stepping stone?
No wonder Levy mug's us all off Year in Year out with doormats like you

So your happy for Tottenham to be a stepping stone?
No wonder Levy mug's us all off Year in Year out with doormats like you
WTF are you talking about??? I said that the player might see us as a stepping stone club. I didn't say we were one (to an extent we are), or that I am happy about it.

Geez, no wonder you guys get all worked up. Someone says one thing and you extrapolate it into a whole new meaning and throw a hissy fit. Learn to read and understand English first.

And speaking of English, it's "you're" not "your".

Last edited:

Hold on tight boys, let's fucking go!

Roller Coaster GIF by Radio 10

Back
Top Bottom