January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really don't see Spurs wanting to renew Aurier or Lamela's contracts (both end June 2022).
I am dreading Levy offering SA a new contract in the hope of bumping up his transfer value.
Dream is a French team comes in for him.
I've taken the pill with Lamela and will accept him as a bit part player until the end of his contract.

I am dreading Levy offering SA a new contract in the hope of bumping up his transfer value.
Dream is a French team comes in for him.
I've taken the pill with Lamela and will accept him as a bit part player until the end of his contract.

Don't think any French team (except maybe PSG which is where he came from ) could afford Aurier, so think its more likely he goes to Italy. But don't think we will get a bumper fee unless an Italian team absolutely needs a RB.

Equally if Lamela is going anywhere think Italy is most likely.

But resigned to neither moving on in summer at the earliest : and even no movement in January as we can't move players on that we can replace with better

Don't think any French team (except maybe PSG which is where he came from ) could afford Aurier, so think its more likely he goes to Italy. But don't think we will get a bumper fee unless an Italian team absolutely needs a RB.

Equally if Lamela is going anywhere think Italy is most likely.

But resigned to neither moving on in summer at the earliest : and even no movement in January as we can't move players on that we can replace with better
We paid a total of 50 million quids + for the 2 of them. :(

Here's Mr Aurier's appearances.
Lost to Antwerp.
Was it his fault?
He came on in the 82nd minute v Lask and we conceded 2 goals.
Again, his fault?
His FK led to WHU equaliser in the last minute.

And a bunch of other fuck ups
Lost to Liverpool. Lost to Leicester. His FK led to the equaliser v CP
3 in a week let alone 5 in a season.

Liverpool was fuck all to ado with Aurier who was very good in that game, probably our best player. His free kick against Palace was then dropped by Lloris. Stupid pen against Leicester.

Added to:

ManU (a) 6-1 (goal and assist)
ManC 2-0
Chelsea (a) 0-0
Woolwich 2-0

I'm not saying he's spnktastic, he's not, but Doherty definitely isn't an upgrade.

Was it his fault?

Again, his fault?

Liverpool was fuck all to ado with Aurier who was very good in that game, probably our best player. His free kick against Palace was then dropped by Lloris. Stupid pen against Leicester.

Added to:

ManC 2-0
Chelsea (a) 0-0
Woolwich 2-0

I'm not saying he's spnktastic, he's not, but Doherty definitely isn't an upgrade.

Some idiot. Probably sudoku blamed Aurier for the Liverpool winner because he gave away a "needless corner"

You simply shouldn't be conversing with these people.

This place and Spurs fans in particularly are so hyperbolic it's unreal. Kyle Walker was the best right back in Europe until he left us. Then he was "always has a mistake in him"

The reason Walker is remembered so fondly at Spurs was because we were winning games and we're generally very fucking good in his last season here.

Just like Aurier is a good RB and much improved when we're winning games. Or Ndombele is supremely talented when we are winning. And a lazy cunt when we lose.

I've seen Milenkovic a few times and initial thoughts are I'm pretty happy to see us linked again. Quicker than Skriniar, beast in the air, goal threat and decent on the ball. Every time I've seen him the game has been dull as dirt though, so I find it kind of hard to judge how good he really is 🤔

I've seen Milenkovic a few times and initial thoughts are I'm pretty happy to see us linked again. Quicker than Skriniar, beast in the air, goal threat and decent on the ball. Every time I've seen him the game has been dull as dirt though, so I find it kind of hard to judge how good he really is 🤔

Yeah, Fiorentina are woeful.

Milenkovic is good though. Recommended him 2 years ago when I first saw him. Had all the tools then and he was only 20

Was it his fault?

Again, his fault?

Added to:

ManC 2-0
Chelsea (a) 0-0
Woolwich 2-0

I would rather have Doherty in the team. I think some of his criticism has been unwarranted. He’s more dangerous in attack than Aurier for example who’s crossing etc was awful against Leicester.

Sabitzer and
I would rather have Doherty in the team. I think some of his criticism has been unwarranted. He’s more dangerous in attack than Aurier for example who’s crossing etc was awful against Leicester.
Doherty would do so much better in 3-5-2.

For the life of me I can't understand why we haven't moved to that formation. Or why everyone on this forum was so dismissive when I called for it.

It means we sacrifice Sissoko for another CB. Sissoko's tackling is quite good, and is still quite athletic, but imho he's not playing at the level he was 2 seasons ago. Firstly he doesn't do those dribble bursts forwards as often. Secondly he's slightly more prone to making defensive errors.

I think 3 CBs feeding it into Hojbjerg, who then has the option of Gio and Ndombele, will mean we retain more control of the game. Wingbacks would have to work very hard to create the width and get up and down. Give them some of the red bull that Trent and Robertson drink.

Ooof this hasnt aged well.
Where was you when they lost four in a row?
Or you mean us losing two in row means our window was shit and season is over, but for them it’s ok because they bounced back a bit?

But there’s no way we can ever recover.....

There is NOTHING more Spursy than a Spurs fan.
Everton are the perennial one division yo-yo club, who will fly around between 2nd and 17th any given season.
But one thing they absolutely won’t do is finish top 4 or win anything.

Let’s see how well that ages.

Some of you cunts had the same pissy little moans when we were top that you have when we are 6th so what’s the fucking difference?
Oooooooh Everton have a whole one more point than us, I wish I was them

Where was you when they lost four in a row?
Or you mean us losing two in row means our window was shit and season is over, but for them it’s ok because they bounced back a bit?

But there’s no way we can ever recover.....

There is NOTHING more Spursy than a Spurs fan.
Everton are the perennial one division yo-yo club, who will fly around between 2nd and 17th any given season.
But one thing they absolutely won’t do is finish top 4 or win anything.

Let’s see how well that ages.

Some of you cunts had the same pissy little moans when we were top that you have when we are 6th so what’s the fucking difference?
Oooooooh Everton have a whole one more point than us, I wish I was them

Ive posted before that we've had a decent window. Just that your assumption that Everton had a bad window and we had a great one based on some early results was premature.

Also wishing for 1 more point isnt bad. We'd be 3rd instead of 6th.

Ive posted before that we've had a decent window. Just that your assumption that Everton had a bad window and we had a great one based on some early results was premature.

Also wishing for 1 more point isnt bad. We'd be 3rd instead of 6th.
Which goes to show how the table can be very different in just two weeks so why people are balling their eyes out because we hit a bad patch is beyond me.

EVERYONE has had a bad patch

Which goes to show how the table can be very different in just two weeks so why people are balling their eyes out because we hit a bad patch is beyond me.

EVERYONE has had a bad patch
This is true. People were overreacting when we had a good patch, and now after just one terrible week.

There are some inherent problems though that were apparent throughout. Firstly whoever plays RW isn't scoring goals, so we're too reliant on Son and Kane. Secondly Sissoko isn't technically good enough to give us control in midfield as part of 2CDMs.

r
Yup everyone has good and bad patches. When were were 1st that wasnt because we were much better than other teams and we are 6th-8th now and its not because we are much worse than them. Everyone is really close to each other in quality except Liverpool maybe.

Back
Top Bottom