January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a trophy for that? That's a flippant remark but seriously, do supporters support their club for this reason? Most complaining are not complaining because of the balance sheet. Well done Levy for that.

I ask you this, where were you on the team at the end of the summer? Did you feel things were good and we had done enough business? did you feel that the team had enough change to be competitive? Did you feel top 4 would be a walk?

Honest, simple questions requiring honest, simple answers.
How many clubs outside the top twenty richest have ever one anything of note in the last fifty years? only Leicester in the UK and they were 22nd on that list .....

I believe this remains the strongest Spurs squad we've had in fifty years, however there are others squads as good if not better, last summer's transfer window was record breaking in many ways, we all thought (even JT and his clones) that things would get better, sadly the didn't.

We need fresh blood and to transition out the deadwood - Eriksen (sad) Wanyama (sad) Verts (old) Rose (cunt) KWP and a couple from our overstocked midfield players

In we obviously need a striker, that should have happened last summer, and a defensive holding midfield player. After that we only need players who will be an improvement on a position, these are rare as hen's teeth in January, or younger players with massive development potential.

Our failure wasn't just not signing players in 2018, remember Liverpool signed nobody this summer, at the time we had great squad and indeed they made top four and CL final ... our failure was giving Poch to much control and not making changes in 2019 ... why did Jose have to come in and deal with Eriksen, Toby, Jan, Rose, Wanyama, KWP these were all players that should have been sorted under Poch last summer ...

Was that on Levy? well he's the boss so sure, but Poch called the shots and by all accounts he was just "too nice" ... the same too nice that has plagued us on the pitch this season, we need to be more ruthless both off and on the pitch ...

Football is a business, in business "nice" people win feck all .... Levy is a tough cunt, Jose is a tough cunt they are winners ....

The toughest cunt by far was Ferguson ... how did that work out?

He just isn't though. With Depay being injured, Lyon are totally reliant on him, while at Milan there are 4 strikers, so Piatek is more than gettable (and considerably cheaper too).
So you're saying spend smart? Which is what I've been saying.

If Piatek comes and fails, all the signs were there. Nothing about his current situation screams he's the answer to our striker problems.

What are his finishing stats like this season? If they are worse than Son or Lucas, then how is he a better resolution than them?

So you're saying spend smart? Which is what I've been saying.

If Piatek comes and fails, all the signs were there. Nothing about his current situation screams he's the answer to our striker problems.

What are his finishing stats like this season? If they are worse than Son or Lucas, then how is he a better resolution than them?
His stats have been okayish this season, worse than last season, although he's had significantly less touches than last season. He has had 4 goals in 1100 minutes for AC Milan this season, while Moussa Dembele, who you think is vastly superior (I think he's just as good as Piatek), has scored 9 in 1500 minutes in League 1, a league notorious for being much worse defensively than Serie A. If you want to add last season as well, when Milan had a decent manager compared to 2 clowns, then that's a completely different story...

Funny how the 90's get worse every time Levy fucks up.
Funny how the millennial and beyond have totally false recollections of the Sugar years ... we were going bust, playing crap and the laughing stock of the league ... the equivalent of West Ham today ... but I guess when you're entitled our history means nothing ... right?

'90's - 10, 15, 8, 15, 7, 8, 10, 14, 11, 10 - if you can't comprehend that this was mid-table (and your gang of four who will agree) then you're beyond clueless.

His stats have been okayish this season, worse than last season, although he's had significantly less touches than last season. He has had 4 goals in 1100 minutes for AC Milan this season, while Moussa Dembele, who you think is vastly superior (I think he's just as good as Piatek), has scored 9 in 1500 minutes in League 1, a league notorious for being much worse defensively than Serie A. If you want to add last season as well, when Milan had a decent manager compared to 2 clowns, then that's a completely different story...
I don't want goals per minute. I want goals per shot. A conversion rate.

You need 55-65% to be successful in the Prem.

P.s. Surprised to see how bad KDB's is.

How many clubs outside the top twenty richest have ever one anything of note in the last fifty years? only Leicester in the UK and they were 22nd on that list .....

I believe this remains the strongest Spurs squad we've had in fifty years, however there are others squads as good if not better, last summer's transfer window was record breaking in many ways, we all thought (even JT and his clones) that things would get better, sadly the didn't.

We need fresh blood and to transition out the deadwood - Eriksen (sad) Wanyama (sad) Verts (old) Rose (cunt) KWP and a couple from our overstocked midfield players

In we obviously need a striker, that should have happened last summer, and a defensive holding midfield player. After that we only need players who will be an improvement on a position, these are rare as hen's teeth in January, or younger players with massive development potential.

Our failure wasn't just not signing players in 2018, remember Liverpool signed nobody this summer, at the time we had great squad and indeed they made top four and CL final ... our failure was giving Poch to much control and not making changes in 2019 ... why did Jose have to come in and deal with Eriksen, Toby, Jan, Rose, Wanyama, KWP these were all players that should have been sorted under Poch last summer ...

Was that on Levy? well he's the boss so sure, but Poch called the shots and by all accounts he was just "too nice" ... the same too nice that has plagued us on the pitch this season, we need to be more ruthless both off and on the pitch ...

Football is a business, in business "nice" people win feck all .... Levy is a tough cunt, Jose is a tough cunt they are winners ....

The toughest cunt by far was Ferguson ... how did that work out?
Sir, I asked you 4 simple, direct questions and you returned a 250+ word response answering none of them. I ask you again, simply:
  • Where were you on the team at the end of the summer?
  • Did you feel things were good and we had done enough business?
  • Did you feel that the team had enough change to be competitive?
  • Did you feel top 4 would be a walk?
These are not hard questions and I can't imagine they would take more than 20 words to answer. In reality the first 3 are essentially the same question. It shouldn't be hard to answer them, simply and directly.

• Where were you on the team at the end of the summer?
  • Did you feel things were good and we had done enough business?
  • Did you feel that the team had enough change to be competitive?
  • Did you feel top 4 would be a walk?

Very happy
Wanted another striker but believed Poch when he said the squad was "the best he'd had in his time at Spurs" breaking several transfer records was plenty of business in - but the business out and contract resolutions were crap
Yes
No - with City, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea and Woolwich all strengthening (in theory) that would have been foolish.

OK? try reading the full version, whilst a long attention span is a challenging for many it's usually worth the effort.

I don't want goals per minute. I want goals per shot. A conversion rate.

You need 55-65% to be successful in the Prem.

P.s. Surprised to see how bad KDB's is.
Well that just isn't true now is it? Vardy, one of the most lethal strikers in the Premier League has a 0.23 conversion rate. Our very own Harry Kane, has a 0.25 conversion rate (11 goals from 44 shots). Piatek has 4 goals from just 13 shots, which as you can see it's a 0.3 conversion rate, better than both Vardy and Kane. He's not better than Kane but his conversion rate is more than good enough.

Well that just isn't true now is it? Vardy, one of the most lethal strikers in the Premier League has a 0.23 conversion rate. Our very own Harry Kane, has a 0.25 conversion rate (11 goals from 44 shots). Piatek has 4 goals from just 13 shots, which as you can see it's a 0.3 conversion rate, better than both Vardy and Kane. He's not better than Kane but his conversion rate is more than good enough.
Yea, I misread.

I read the shots on target percentage as conversion rate.

OK? try reading the full version, whilst a long attention span is a challenging for many it's usually worth the effort.
Are you incapable of dialogue without nastiness? I am familiar with your behavior that is why I tried to distill everything down to direct questions in order to avoid it. Surely you can see from this exchange that you have a problem?

And I did read your whole post which is how I recognized that none of my questions were answered.

So judging by your answers you were happy with the squad (save a ST) and the change but somehow didn't think it was good enough for Top 4? Why would you be happy with that? We had been Top 4 for 3 years running so how/why could your level of satisfaction/expectation fall below that? So you were happy with change that may secure 6th? Or is ambition being happy with change that sees us compete at the top of the league?

See, that last question is why folks like JT have a negative outlook (reality) about things. And banksheets don't factor in beyond things staying in the black. And some people recognize that enough business in and out hadn't occurred and ATM they seem to have a point. Why you feel the need to castigate them I don't understand.

Arguing if strikers are going to be any good is like arguing if Erikson is a good midfielder.
Answer: I dunno, they could be. Motivation is 90% of it I reckon. I haven’t seen any of the players listed as potential targets as poor strikers per se, just out of form or stuck in shitty situations. Erikson could be great for Inter but he’s worth a leaky water bottle on our team right now IMO.
You put 50cc of determination into Piatek and I think he could be amazing. I think same goes with the other names I’ve seen. It’ll be up to Mourinho to set them up for success when they get here.
Nah, see, your doing it wrong mate. This seems like a perfectly rational opinion while also admitting that this isn’t an exact science, especially in the circumstances.

What you should have said is Piatek is fucking amazing and the fact that Levy hasn’t clumped up £30m for him on January 1 is an embarrassment. Also infer that you’ve watched him since he was playing at Zagłębie Lubin, and that he’s a recognized striker in the classic #9 sense, and based on your profuse knowledge of not only Tottenhams current plans, but also Mourinho, Milan and FABRYKA FUTBOLU, his agent, that this could only be the result of parsimony and incompetence on Spurs part, and not any other possible explanation.

15 new pages to read through? Hmm maybe there’s been some transfer activity...

Oh no it’s just you lot having the biggest cunt off of all time.. you bunch of fucking tossers
:parker:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom