January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImOuttaHere.gif

Brilliant. I've spent the last week moving my life across the Atlantic, and I worried that this thread might not show up on its own as soon as the transfer window closed. Cripps14 Cripps14 , take a bow.

No point signing anyone. Even Charlie Austin won't be able to guarantee us 17th.

#Blatant

And you're welcome. I read the 'take a bow' in the voice of Andy Gray and added a ',son' to the end of it.

:llorishuh:

After the success of improving our squad overall this summer. I'm hoping we get to January without the need to strengthen.

If we do, I hope we've done enough scouting within the next 4 months to realise our targets. Wouldn't mind some Dele Alli type potential.

We should be moving on from Berahino even if he is being offered to us in Jan. If Ade is a cancer, then Berahino is likely to be his successor. The way he acted is totally unacceptable. He can do the same thing to us if he is successful. And it's not the 1st time he thinks he is some world class player. He should learn a thing or 2 from John Stones or DDG.

We should be moving on from Berahino even if he is being offered to us in Jan. If Ade is a cancer, then Berahino is likely to be his successor. The way he acted is totally unacceptable. He can do the same thing to us if he is successful. And it's not the 1st time he thinks he is some world class player. He should learn a thing or 2 from John Stones or DDG.

Berahinos attitude has always been a question mark though. I can't see West Brom ever selling him to us though to be honest just for Peace to feel he has one over on Levy.

After the success of improving our squad overall this summer. I'm hoping we get to January without the need to strengthen.

If we do, I hope we've done enough scouting within the next 4 months to realise our targets. Wouldn't mind some Dele Alli type potential.

Yeah Two-Teams. You tell 'em.

Losers

Daniel Levy

If Levy truly did offer only £5m up front as part of Tottenham's fourth and final bid for Saido Berahino, he deserves to be head boy at Ed Woodward's School for Incompetent Boys.

Spurs' stadium plans may have curbed much of their transfer window enthusiasm, but it is impossible to escape the sense that they have taken so very many steps back this summer. They did half a job, clearing out the deadwood from a squad teeming with termites, but then inexplicably stopped there, save dramatically overpaying for Heung-min Son.

Sarah Winterburn said it best in Winners and Losers the other week: Crystal Palace have a better bench than Spurs.

Harry Kane

Harry Kane bailed out Daniel Levy and Tottenham in spectacular fashion last season, and the club's response seems to have been to thank him for that work before asking him to do exactly the same again.

Kane must be knackered. He has played 67 matches for club and country since the beginning of last season, the majority as a lone striker, and was taken on farcical pre and post-season tours to Australia and America respectively. The Under-21 European Championships was sandwiched in between and Euro 2016 comes next.

Kane has scored one goal in his last 12 matches, and yet his club have once again put the responsibility for scoring goals firmly at his door. There were signs on Saturday against Everton that he is suffering from the pressure, trying to do everything himself. Son and N'Jie are forwards, but neither perform best as a central striker.

It is vital that a young player be given the opportunity to play, but just as vital that he is given appropriate rest. The likelihood is that this will be another 50+ match season for England's Next Big Thing. Good luck, Harry.

Transfer Window Winners & Losers...

Maybe so but it was Peace who dragged this whole thing out into the open and pretty much humiliated him. We don't know the background but the rumours are Berahino was told he could leave if Spurs matched the fee and we matched yesterday, Pulis wanted him gone to get the money to make a few last minutes deals of his own and Pulis is very angry with Peace over this.

No one comes out of this well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom