January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the only one who's quite happy with this window? We've signed down our star player to a 5 and a half year deal, we've flogged a player we've not played for a long time and we're on the verge of signing a player with massive potential. Sure a striker would've been good but I'm happy.

And if Adebayor goes to West Ham and we don't sign a replacement? Still a good window?

Barton on BBC radio just said ''We could do with someone like Adebayor (at QPR), he can always score a goal when he hasn't got a voodoo on him..'' :paulinholol:

Ade and Kaboul will improve West Ham as both will play to the level we know they can.

Some players need a bit of backing, and they will both get it there, and probably explode into form...neither or really because it seems like bridges were burnt here, but certainly nothing to celebrate IMO.

As pointed out, even more stupid if we dont sign a striker.

No signings
Baldini- What about the fans?
Levy- Let them eat cake!
200_s.gif

nah I don't care if we don't get anyone else in - he's no use and needs to go for his sake as much as ours. Chadli can cover and less pressure on soldado.

Sorry, what pressure does Soldado have? He plays 5 minutes in league games occasionally, and get starts against rubbish teams in some of the cup games, and fails to do anything. Has Chadli ever played there? Even if he can, we don't have a natural left winger to replace him either.

And if Adebayor goes to West Ham and we don't sign a replacement? Still a good window?

I can't see it happening. It'll remain to be seen whether we'll regret not buying a new striker but it's not been a bad window really. Seems that Levy doesn't want to spend much (even less than usual!) if you look at the last window too, perhaps ENIC are off, perhaps not?

That would be bloody amazing if he went anywhere. He could go to the moon for all I care.
Promote a youngster if needed.

I agree, I want Ade out too, but not if it leaves us with Kane and Soldado.

If Kane gets a season ending injury, you'll be happy with Soldado and a kid who has never played for us up front to try and win the League Cup, go far in Europe and try and challenge for 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom