January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO THESE PEOPLE NOT KNOW ABOUT DANIEL LEVY????!!?!!?!??!!!!

20m for Lloris, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
This may only make sense for the US supporters, but could you imagine if these two guys met...

Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-014.jpg

rick-harrison-pawn-stars.jpg

This thread has been like constipation, hoping a load of shit will leave but after god knows how long only a bit has gone and you still don't feel good.

I think there's some on here who want to carry out the funeral and post mortem before the death.

We need another striker, we didn't get one and have to rely on Ade or Soldado to put in a shift, no one really wants that scenario. But these are the cards we've been dealt, you can decide who's to blame and get angry about a 'lack of ambition' and there is some weight to that argument, I wanted us to have more options but not at any price and not for the sake of throwing more players in to the mix who might have added nothing.

The alternative is to look at the positives, the fact we have a decent squad and manager, the fact that we are performing above expectations when we're in a transitional season. Also bearing in mind we have a shot at top 4 when, really, we're about 6th in terms of wealth and squad depth.

I think it's better for sanity to take the more positive mindset than looking for someone to blame for something that hasn't happened yet.

Surely Eriksen wouldn't want to take a backward step in his career to join a team that's struggling way more than we are. If he goes, it will be for a big fee (£33 mil isn't enough IMO) & to a bigger, more progressive club than the bin dippers.

Still not sure why everyone starting hating Kaboul. Been a good servant, had major injuries and is always fighting for match fitness and loss of form. He rightly lost his place in the starting 11, but dont see the need for hate and mocking.

He played well at times this season, namely at the Emirates....a place where he scored the winning goal in our first away win v The Scum in about a million years.

Supplied the cross for Crouch in the City 1-0 that got us 4th and was a pivotal part of the team that made history that year, and our CL season.

Also that goal in the Villa 4-4 and the celebration.

Will all too easily be forgotten when he leaves...while people sit there tear jerking over poor Soldado, but that doesnt surprise me, especially after the way Dawson was mocked and his transfer celebrated.

Kaboul has made 100 appearances for this club, and most have been solid, and played with heart.

He's done a lot more than lots of players in the current set up have or ever will for this club.

Apparently Milner is on the way out of City....be like having another Dolphin..... Chadli - Eriksen - Milner behind Kane is a top 3 set up. I'd love to see us go in for him - one of fittest blokes around so would fit Poch's system perfectly.

"I have the same view as the chairman, I'm happy with the squad," Redknapp said. "The only way we would bring someone in was if we sold someone. We are strong in all positions, so we're not really in the market for players."
Harry Redknapp - Jan 2010

"As it stands, I'm not looking to bring anyone into the club in January,"

"To be honest, we have a very strong squad, one of the best in the Premier League, so I wouldn't know where to bring in players that would improve us, as we are pretty strong all over the pitch. There is absolutely no point in going out and signing players if they can't improve the team. And, as it is, I have enough strength in depth in my squad."
Redknapp - Dec 2011

Villas-Boas said earlier this week that there was only a slim chance that he would make new additions to his squad in the January window, and he now appears to have ruled out signing anybody despite Saturday's stalemate. "I don't think we need to do anything," said the Portuguese.
AVB - Dec 2012

"It's very very unlikely, unless something dramatic happens," said Sherwood. "Certainly I'm happy with the squad, happy with the numbers. If the window closed now I'd be fine."
- Tim Sherwood Jan 2014

"We have a strong squad and I am happy with the squad," Pochettino said
Poch - Jan 2015

One common denominator........:levystare:

Guys start your own thread and have it out there. Those who want to follow this crap can go there and do so. I keep coming back here to see if there any new transfer rumours or news and I get is 10 pages of arguing over accounting terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom