January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just cash flow and that's worth absolutely scrap in a football club (on-the-pitch-wise)

Not if the players turn out to be good.

Are you saying that if Soldado had banged in 40 goals, the fact he was bought on "recouped" money would mean he was worth absolutely scrap on the pitch??

Your entire point is a hindsight arguement, based on what you know now about our players.

If you were making this point two summers ago when we spent 110M on seven players then fair enough....but you wasnt was you. You were all excited about the new season and lauding the fact we had broken our transfer record three times in a month...

Please read these few lines over and over, until you hit yourself, because you just realised, that you should've stayed in bed.

Answer the question without looking like a dickhead.

Did you spend money when you bought the new car with the procedes of the old one.

Yes or No. Just answer and we can move on..

Not if the players turn out to be good.

Are you saying that if Soldado had banged in 40 goals, the fact he was bought on "recouped" money would mean he was worth absolutely scrap on the pitch??

Your entire point is a hindsight arguement, based on what you know now about our players.

WHAT? Unbelievable. My point is the exact opposite.
It's a 100% objective example, where the players are valued at the exact same amount as they were that summer. Are you doing this on purpose?

Answer the question without looking like a dickhead.

Did you spend money when you bought the new car with the procedes of the old one.

Yes or No. Just answer and we can move on..

There's a big difference between household spending and spending in a business context.

Replacing a stock item with an identical stock item of same or lesser value isn't spending.

Buying a car for yourself is.

I think we would just have to take our chances and field a weakened side at Fiorentina with a cup final on the line for Sunday. I'm talking about players not even getting on the plane. I expect you probably agree with me on that since you have seemed to appreciate the importance of this cup run.
Fair comments LH, but Poch is just going to be an impossible position, that's the awful inevitable Greek (Italian) tragedy of it. Damned if he does, damned if he don't.

Although I highly doubt we will make any signings, we definitely need some if we are to compete in any of the 3 remaining competitions, today highlights this, aswelll as our lack of clean sheets in the league, which contributes along with our lack our goals and killer instinct to our horrific goal difference. If we continue to ship so many goals against, and not finish teams off at the other end(chelski/Qpr excluded), there seems like no way of progression into the future

Although I highly doubt we will make any signings, we definitely need some if we are to compete in any of the 3 remaining competitions, today highlights this, aswelll as our lack of clean sheets in the league, which contributes along with our lack our goals and killer instinct to our horrific goal difference. If we continue to ship so many goals against, and not finish teams off at the other end(chelski/Qpr excluded), there seems like no way of progression into the future
#ITK

I buy and sell stuff for a living. My accountant tells me that when I buy things, I'm spending money. I may make that money back by selling the things in the future, but I certainly spent money to get them in the first place.

I buy and sell stuff for a living. My accountant tells me that when I buy things, I'm spending money. I may make that money back by selling the things in the future, but I certainly spent money to get them in the first place.

Nice try.
Talk was about ENICs unwillingness to net spend on players = no added investment or value in our squad.
Sammy obstructed this view, wrongly. Replacing 100 cans of tomatoes with 100 cans of tomatoes of the exact same value, wouldn't be net spending in a shop either.

Replacing a stock item with an identical stock item of same or lesser value isn't spending.

Yes it is

Buying a car for yourself is.
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

Nice try.
Talk was about ENICs unwillingness to net spend on players = no added investment or value in our squad.
Sammy obstructed this view, wrongly. Replacing 100 cans of tomatoes with 100 cans of tomatoes of the exact same value, wouldn't be net spending in a shop either.

You said 100M in and 100M out is not spending.

I obstructed nothing. Your point is a big pile of bollocks and thats why it keeps changing.

I have said the same thing over and over again, where as you dont even know what you are arguing which is why you have brought up the "net" bullshit into it.

My point is, that THFC have spent money on players. And they have, end of.

Striking arguments, sir. Surely you just won yourself an internet-argument, didn't you?

6a76f4a3-4ad2-4ae2-8a3b-c092e85586af.jpg

No, I didnt win anything.

I simply backed up my opinion, and your view was made to look flawed and ridiculous simply because what you are basically saying is "spending money is not spending if its the same amount of money you make"

You might feel that you have lost an argument. Thats your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom