January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me misunderstanding something here? You're having a dig at us who'd like to see Schneiderlin signed, saying that you want to see the Mason Bentaleb partnership developed, yet you want us to sign a "ball winning CM destroyer"?

For the third time, its the last of my priorities, and the only players I would replace right now are Ade and Soldado.

If we sell Capoue (as I said), then yes, Id like him replaced.

Can I be any clearer?

I think Schneiderlin would improve our midfield, but having Bentaleb/Mason/Stambouli/Dembele is not so bad either. Capoue and Paulinho are too expensive to be back-ups to the back-ups so I hope we find takers for them. Btw, I would be very surprised if Levy forks over 25-30 million for MS so the debate is probably irrelevant anyways. Watch him move to Woolwich soonish :pochfacepalm:

I think Schneiderlin would improve our midfield, but having Bentaleb/Mason/Stambouli/Dembele is not so bad either. Capoue and Paulinho are too expensive to be back-ups to the back-ups so I hope we find takers for them. Btw, I would be very surprised if Levy forks over 25-30 million for MS so the debate is probably irrelevant anyways. Watch him move to Woolwich soonish :pochfacepalm:
Yeah then watch him become injury prone and played at CB

49827657.jpg

Im not sure why, I don't do ITK just saw it posted somewhere and put it hear, Im guessing the reason we might want to replace him is because when an attacker runs at him he always sprints back to goal to tell his 'Mummy' Hugo Boss.

Marvellous. I must be watching entirely different games to you, I suppose.

So must the clubs who are already sniffing around him, along with Eriksen and Hugo.

Marvellous. I must be watching entirely different games to you, I suppose.

So must the clubs who are already sniffing around him, along with Eriksen and Hugo.
Yeah they genuinely must be, don't get me wrong he's an amazing defender when he wants to be but the form in his first season is keeping his reputation up, It fucks me off when 'world class' players such as N'Zogbia, Perez & Berahino run at him and he always seems to run back instead of tackling them, I cannot remember the last time that Vertonghen went in for a challenge when a player runs at him

Yeah they genuinely must be, don't get me wrong he's an amazing defender when he wants to be but the form in his first season is keeping his reputation up, It fucks me off when 'world class' players such as N'Zogbia, Perez & Berahino run at him and he always seems to run back instead of tackling them, I cannot remember the last time that Vertonghen went in for a challenge when a player runs at him

Why would he overcommit on players, who are running with the ball at pace? FFS, absolutely NO centrebacks should do that.

Backing thus killing space is how even mediocre spanish rightbacks absolutely murdered Thierry Henrys Barcelona career.

It's clever defending. Deal with it.

Why would he overcommit on players, who are running with the ball at pace? FFS, absolutely NO centrebacks should do that.

Backing thus killing space is how even mediocre spanish rightbacks absolutely murdered Thierry Henrys Barcelona career.

Lol your so angry just because you don't agree with me, 'deal with it' haha you're such a little kid, so everytime someone runs away from him he should act like their Ronaldo? You are obviously a fucking joke if your saying that...

Lol your so angry just because you don't agree with me, 'deal with it' haha you're such a little kid, so everytime someone runs away from him he should act like their Ronaldo? You are obviously a fucking joke if your saying that...

Whatever, but backing is how defending is done 90% of the time. Don't blame me for that, blame all the good defenders across this league and others.

So yeah, everytime a defender is at risk of being burned because the attacker is at pace and the defender is not, then he should back up to limit space and block the shooting angle out. It is pretty much schoolboys level to know that.

Too bad so much hatred for JV, getting blamed for stuff which players like Kompany, Terry and Mertesacker get praised for.

Who said he had to overcommit?

Top CBs can time a challenge....and are prepared to make one

Your last comment is sort of the crux of my point though. We are all conditioned to think that all we have to do is buy world class players and we can be title contenders. And that is the model being applied in this country and by the richest teams in the world. But it is possible to create a very strong team from second/third tier players provided they work solidly as a unit and can be coached to be a sum greater than their parts.
Dortmund and Seville or even Greece in the euros were a fine example of that.
Dortmund has had super stars such as Götze, Lewandowski, Reus, and Hummels... Wouldn't compare them to a team that won the Europa League when Dortmund was the runner up in the Champions League..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom