It's only been 32 years...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

N5 Spur

Supporter
Happiness takes many forms. I was convinced the 3rd goal was a header from Lineker - I wasn't even drunk pre- or during the game (made up for it post-game though...). It was only until the next day and reading about the truth in the papers. On the Monday evening I waited until the big record shop (HMV or Our Price, I can't remember) at Tottenham (of course) Court Road released the video, watching the rerun on their screens until so.

Enjoy the day.

Those were the dark days

Finished 10th in the league that year

Thank goodness that we are back to over achieving these days

Those were the dark days

Finished 10th in the league that year

Thank goodness that we are back to over achieving these days
Trophies are over rated anyway. Just a bonus if they happen to fall our way.
We should be happy to just let all our traditional rivals sweep them up between them and be thankful for regular top 6 finishes. Winning is hard.

I'm a proper fan, I am.💪

Trophies are over rated anyway. Just a bonus if they happen to fall our way.
We should be happy to just let all our traditional rivals sweep them up between them and be thankful for regular top 6 finishes. Winning is hard.

I'm a proper fan, I am.💪
Trophies are just for ego, I for one am proud of our humble lads, so down to Earth, wouldn't want it any other way...

Happiness takes many forms. I was convinced the 3rd goal was a header from Lineker - I wasn't even drunk pre- or during the game (made up for it post-game though...). It was only until the next day and reading about the truth in the papers. On the Monday evening I waited until the big record shop (HMV or Our Price, I can't remember) at Tottenham (of course) Court Road released the video, watching the rerun on their screens until so.

Enjoy the day.

Brilliant day.

Enjoy the day.

A lovely reminder. Thank you!

Just a shame the grief monkeys have already starting pissing all over what should be a very positive thread. We have some right twats in our fanbase.

Enjoy the day.

Is Gascoigne gonna have a crack??....he is you know.....

Just realised, Saint Hotspur's Day coincides with Republic Day in Spain, commemorating the democratically elected 2nd Republic that disappeared with General Franco's victory in the Civil War

republica-e1555173066761.jpg

A lovely reminder. Thank you!

Just a shame the grief monkeys have already starting pissing all over what should be a very positive thread. We have some right twats in our fanbase.

Shut up mate. Enough of your happy clapper nonsense.

The only joy here currently is in the misery and despair of our fellow man.

Let’s all wallow.

And btw who doesn’t want a grieving monkey at their funeral??

images

On OF THE best days supporting Spurs in my lifetime...

EVERYTHING was right that day!!!

...and, unlike the CL... we WON the Final, so made the Semi-Final SO much more relevant!

Still the best spurs match I have been to, stopped them doing the double, we were on the brink of financial ruin, gazza playing through the pain barrier and the media and Woolwich fans believed they only had to turn up, ended up rows away after gazzas free kick.... And on the way home even managed to make a gooners minibus more airy and exposed to the elements at Membury services after they were rather silly with their opinions but could not back them up with action, we did... Great days

Still the best spurs match I have been to, stopped them doing the double, we were on the brink of financial ruin, gazza playing through the pain barrier and the media and Woolwich fans believed they only had to turn up, ended up rows away after gazzas free kick.... And on the way home even managed to make a gooners minibus more airy and exposed to the elements at Membury services after they were rather silly with their opinions but could not back them up with action, we did... Great days
Yeah I remember, on the train going to Wembley we gave them absolute shit, and they just sat quietly not a peep.
On the way back home we kept singing, where is your double gone, never thought over 30 years later, that those moments would be so limited 👍💪😄

This thread brings up so many memories and emotions. Definitely in my top 10 of games, but at the time it was so important to win. Looking at my own personal photos of the day brings it all flooding back and it's one of the few DVDs that I have watched more than once.
I will share one anecdote for the day. After the game as we were walking down Wembley Way, one of my friends said to my ex-husband, "better than sex?". When I replied (far too quickly) "not 'alf", don't think he was impressed as he went into one almighty sulk. I had to say that I was joking, but I wasn't. 🤭

This thread brings up so many memories and emotions. Definitely in my top 10 of games, but at the time it was so important to win. Looking at my own personal photos of the day brings it all flooding back and it's one of the few DVDs that I have watched more than once.
I will share one anecdote for the day. After the game as we were walking down Wembley Way, one of my friends said to my ex-husband, "better than sex?". When I replied (far too quickly) "not 'alf", don't think he was impressed as he went into one almighty sulk. I had to say that I was joking, but I wasn't. 🤭

Back
Top Bottom