Is this club cursed?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this club cursed?

• Yes - the proof is in the pudding

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • No I don't believe in what can't be proved by science put your tinfoil hat back on

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters
Cursed not but maybe jinxed by the football gods...

ABC/Fusion | Soccer Gods

ABC/Fusion | Soccer Gods

ABC/Fusion | Soccer Gods

When we implode, we do it in style.

But this is fucking epic proportions of bad luck.

Davies
Richarlison
Maddison
VDV
Solomon
Sessegnon

It's only a matter of time now that if we play Lo Celso, he'll be injured as well (at least till Argentina play)

Couple that with Romero go bye bye for 3 games and Udogie sitting out tomorrow.

It's just bollocks......we're not allowed to have shiny things.

Our remaining players should all be banned from the international break and kept ina cupboard wearing cotton wool suits.

Bollocks, am so pissed off.

On the plus side, Bentancur coming back will be good.

We're just going to have to try and hope we can keep banging them in and use attack as the best form of defense.

Show me another club to whom BOTH these incidents happened to:
a972d9b1a86101782d8cb82276a7fa9d.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...lwich-food-poisoning-24061126#google_vignette
lasagne-1024x682.jpg

...and I'll show you another cursed club!

We are LITERALLY the only club in the history of football FOR WHOM BOTH these chaotic, inexplicable events happed to ..

...hasn't happened before, and now, thanks to Goal Line technology, will never happen again.

I'm not saying 'cursed' but fuck ME I'm still waiting for the day all this shit evens itself out!!

When we implode, we do it in style.

But this is fucking epic proportions of bad luck.

Davies
Richarlison
Maddison
VDV
Solomon
Sessegnon

It's only a matter of time now that if we play Lo Celso, he'll be injured as well (at least till Argentina play)

Couple that with Romero go bye bye for 3 games and Udogie sitting out tomorrow.

It's just bollocks......we're not allowed to have shiny things.

Our remaining players should all be banned from the international break and kept ina cupboard wearing cotton wool suits.

Bollocks, am so pissed off.

On the plus side, Bentancur coming back will be good.

We're just going to have to try and hope we can keep banging them in and use attack as the best form of defense.
We implode because we have hot headed players like Romero and fans treat him like he’s the second coming of Ledley King

We implode because we have hot headed players like Romero and fans treat him like he’s the second coming of Ledley King

He’s been fantastic this season. One bad, stupid game.

Welcome back but you seem to have switched your ire from Kane to Romero. Focus on an actually bad player for once !!

Just to keep everyone up to date.... we've gone from Sunday league manager, to winning the league, to goodness only knows, to a full circle, the players are xxxxx and levy is a xxxxx.... And now, we are cursed... All in the space of eleven games

Yeah poor us.

Perennial top four club in the whole country, world class players seen over the years, one of the most successful clubs in the entire country.

Would rather be Bury.

Whilst cursed is a bit unrealistic, bad timing is everything!

I remember back in the day, for about a fortnight in July '89, we had Waddle, Gazza & Lineker at the club...
Then Waddle went to Marseille to join his mate Hoddle in the South of France...
...and who took Hoddle to Monaco in the first place...?
Mnsr. Arsene Wenger!

That summer we coulda had the best front 3 or 4 in the league..... But NOOOOOO ... it wasn't allowed to happen.
.same as this season...
Imagine a front line of Maddison, Kulu, Son & Kane?

We'd have already won the league by now!!

Just right people, wrong time!

Funnily enough I believe you’ll find that our situation is faaaar more common across the vast majority of clubs in England, Europe, and if you expand it to other sports, the world at large.

Success, continued winning, good luck - THAT is the outlier. Misery, things going wrong, few titles - that’s about as common as it gets.

Yeah poor us.

Perennial top four club in the whole country, world class players seen over the years, one of the most successful clubs in the entire country.

Would rather be Bury.
I get the sentiment regarding Bury.
But perennial Top four really?, we have only finished top four a few times during the premier League era.
And most successful? Again, not much has been won since, beer has gone over a pound a pint.
Yes it could be worse, but equally it should have been far better and isn't.

I get the sentiment regarding Bury.
But perennial Top four really?, we have only finished top four a few times during the premier League era.
And most successful? Again, not much has been won since, beer has gone over a pound a pint.
Yes it could be worse, but equally it should have been far better and isn't.

Mate, there are hundred and hundreds and hundreds of association football teams in this country. We are the 6th most successful. In the entire country.

Do you know how many clubs up and down the country would kill to have half the honours we have?

It could be better. But you could say that to absolutely every club in the country. Trust me, I'd rather it wasn't worse.

When Liverpool killed 39 at Heysel Stadium and England got booted from European football.

Tottenham was the most punished club by this restriction.

Mate, there are hundred and hundreds and hundreds of association football teams in this country. We are the 6th most successful. In the entire country.

Do you know how many clubs up and down the country would kill to have half the honours we have?

It could be better. But you could say that to absolutely every club in the country. Trust me, I'd rather it wasn't worse.
We know it should be better, but it is what it is now.
I have given up on winning stuff, the football at the moment is good enough, I have accepted what we are long ago.
I think we are actually 7th from memory, as utd, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea, villa, city have won more, and in city's case they are continuing to stock pile.

Back
Top Bottom