Is Kyle Walker a bit simple...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From off that Sky...

Kyle Walker angered by accusation

Tottenham defender Kyle Walker has responded angrily to claims that he dived to win a penalty during the team’s Capital One Cup defeat to Norwich.

The full-back was felled by Canaries defender Marc Tierny in the closing stages of the match handing his team the opportunity to take the game to extra-time.
Clint Dempsey missed the spot-kick, but that didn’t stop Chris Hughton criticising the England international for an act of simulation.
Walker rejected this claim insisting he was the victim of a foul:
“I’m from up north. I’m not going to go down softly,” Walker told SkySports.
“I thought I got a clip so I went down. It was a foul.
“The referee has awarded a penalty, or the linesman did. They were close enough to see it.
“If I felt I was touched then I am going to go down. That’s it.”
Tottenham face Wigan in their next Premier League clash before taking on Manchester City and Woolwich in their following two games.
Walker is targeting a positive result against the Latics to boost confidence:
“It’s massively important that we bounce back,
“No disrespect to Wigan, but out of the (next) three (games) this is the easiest.”

Two things... firstly, the 'I'm from up North, I don't go down softly" comment... yeah, way to endear yourself to your LONDON Club's fans.... but then to follow it up with "if I felt I was touched then I am going to go down" ...that sounds more like the case for Jimmy Savile's defence!!

...and in other stoopid comment news... probably the stoopidest of them all:
“No disrespect to Wigan, but out of the (next) three (games) this is the easiest.”
No disrespect to Kyle here, but what a fucking Class A idiot! He's already deleted his twatter because he doesn't want to read stoopid comments aimed at him, but really, if you do that, then don't MAKE stoopid comments in the first place!
When, in the entire history of Football pre-match comments, has saying "the game against such-and-such opposition is the easiest" EVER helped get a positive result for your team...?
All it'll do (as it always does when some gobby player from 'Big club A' shouts his mouth off about how easy the game against Small Club B will turn out') is to allow Martinez to pin the quotes up on the dressing-room wall, pre-match, and then gleefully go on about it post-match after a thoroughly testing examination from Wigan, and an unlikely comprehensive away victory!
Now I can't play football or run as fast as Kyle, but I've been following the sport for longer than he's been alive, and I can say, hand on heart, these comments ALWAYS seem to come back and haunt you...
He's a great player (when he doesn't let his mind wander) and definitely not worth all the abuse aimed at him last week for FOOTBALLING reasons, but really, this shows a naivety that truly shows how inexperienced he really is in other, wider aspects of the game... and he can't even use 'lost in translation' as an excuse!
I hope AVB (or one of the senior players) pulls him up on this, 'cos otherwise, if we DON'T win tomorrow, and Kyle doesn't put in a matchwinning display, then I fear I know who our scapegoat will be this week!

But he's fucking awesome on X Factor

tx01_x_factor_jahmene_23.jpg

I dont think Walker is blessed with intelligence on the field, stands to reason he might not be off the field as well.

He is more of an athlete than a footballer IMHO. I think he can learn enough to be a very effective attacking FB, but like Glen Johnson is rather than like people such as Ashley Cole and Leighton Baines are.

Seeing Naughton at LB has really made me want to see him have a go at RB. There is intelligence in the way he uses the ball, he sees the pitch instead of tunnel vision. While he isnt as explosive and athletic as Walker, I would be very interested to see how he fits into the side as an intelligent RB, feeding Lennon and Dembele and the like.

...so the obvious question now would be; who exactly ARE the 'bright sparks' in the squad?

:bae: strikes me as the 'most intelligent' of them all...
(in the same way that :niko: was the 'fairest' of them all!)

...and I'm sure :gallashmm: & :avbcringe: would want to be regarded as great 'thinkers'

...but as for the rest of them..........

:balesnarl: :dembele: :defoe2: :dawsonlol: :hudd: :mong: :parkerhmm: :sandro:

Vertonghen looks like he could be a wise one and Parker, if he hadn't spent years putting his face in front of strikers shots anyway.

I'd say 90% of the footballers in the premier league wouldn't be able to hold a sensible conversation for very long, before they were chatting cars, money or setting their feet on fire and jumping into swimming pools.

According to Dawson on Football AM (I refuse to call it Soccer) Adam Smith is meant to be the thickest at the club...so either way, we're not blessed with brains in the right back department!

That's funny. "I'm a hard northerner, we don't go down easy. But if I think I felt a touch, I'll go down."

Oh dear.

Still, he's only young. And a footballer.

Come on now.. the last comment was simply stating fact. Wigan IS a weaker side than Man C and Woolwich. But yes, if his comments represent the locker room's attitude we are in for a dicking tomorrow.

Still, he's only young. And a footballer.
This. He's only 22 and if he was going to be a captain of industry chances are he'd be currently studying in Trinity College Oxford.

He's got the years to mature and understand how interaction with the media and public works. His comments do not automatically mean that the entire squad and manager thinks that tomorrow will be a waltz.

I think people are overreacting to this IMO.

Back
Top Bottom