Is ITK dead?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was ITK ever really alive? or was it a mythical beast that many wanted to believe exists but most knew really didn't. Like unicorns, or United fans that are actually from Manchester.

I seem to think it was always b/s, stories like 'My Dad fit a radiator in Daniel Levy's brother's house...' - as if anyone close enough to the THFC board would be stupid enough to divulge information to anyone they don't explicitly trust.

Anyone working at the club (unless at a very top level) would know very little, and anyone in a higher position wouldn't risk their job.

Whole ITK phenomenon seems to have been perpetuated by Twitter, where anyone can claim anything; you're right and you can brag about how right you were, you're wrong and no-one holds your statement up to scrutiny. It's a fairly easy gamble.

</rant>

A bloke in Loughton was seen showing LVG where all the Cheese and Ham aisles where in Tesco, and Louis was seen purchasing a finest range block of Edam.

#dontshootdamessinger #makeofitwhatyouwill #danielsgotdiss #andsohasjoe

I seem to think it was always b/s, stories like 'My Dad fit a radiator in Daniel Levy's brother's house...' - as if anyone close enough to the THFC board would be stupid enough to divulge information to anyone they don't explicitly trust.

Anyone working at the club (unless at a very top level) would know very little, and anyone in a higher position wouldn't risk their job.

Whole ITK phenomenon seems to have been perpetuated by Twitter, where anyone can claim anything; you're right and you can brag about how right you were, you're wrong and no-one holds your statement up to scrutiny. It's a fairly easy gamble.

</rant>

I have a friend who works at the club, and sometimes comes up with some very useful info, i've said it before on here, I posted on another forrum that we had signed VDV, 30 minutes before he was even mentioned.. everyone said I was mental.. they do get to hear stuff..

I saw him last night and asked about LVG and he said it was in the balance and nothing was definite.. but he did tell me that the naming rights for the new stadium had been sorted but no one knew who it was..
it's been kept very secret..

2 factors really, ITK harks back to an era pre internet pre social media so it gets absolutely lost amongst the plethora of rumour bullshit every day

Also it belongs to an era when football was smaller, clubs were smaller, at Brentford I am sure ITK still rife but not the way we are run, how can anyone find out when we dont even have a plan!!

I saw him last night and asked about LVG and he said it was in the balance and nothing was definite.. but he did tell me that the naming rights for the new stadium had been sorted but no one knew who it was..
it's been kept very secret..

Though I do believe LvG is 'in the balance' and 'nothing is definite', that doesn't really constitute 'ITK' IMO.

Naming rights is something that of course there is possible ITK around, other companies involved, more employees. But can't see Levy disclosing information to anyone that could a) come and bite us in the ass or b) be contractually problematic.

Back
Top Bottom