In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is not cos no player is bought or sold without Levy's approval.

That you need to point to the last few games shows the failure of your claim. Players can be bad and can have bad games, but at least PEH and Reguilon have been good and are still trying.

Please explain why Rose is still on our payroll? After that you can explain Sissoko and Sanchez as well.
He has not picked bale or bergwijn but he has picked sissoko and Sanchez. He’s seen them training and playing and knows the same as us. Why’s he picking them? He’s responsible for who plays therefore responsible for squad management.
Regullion has been terrible for quite a while. You could be kind and say offensively he’s ok but defensively he’s been appalling. Hojberg started well but last 3 or 4 games you can’t deny he’s been terrible. I know Levy can be tight as fuck but regardless those guys have come in on Jose’s watch and been piss poor

He has not picked bale or bergwijn but he has picked sissoko and Sanchez. He’s seen them training and playing and knows the same as us. Why’s he picking them? He’s responsible for who plays therefore responsible for squad management.
Regullion has been terrible for quite a while. You could be kind and say offensively he’s ok but defensively he’s been appalling. Hojberg started well but last 3 or 4 games you can’t deny he’s been terrible. I know Levy can be tight as fuck but regardless those guys have come in on Jose’s watch and been piss poor
Is that what you think squad management is?

Is that what you think squad management is?
And he would be right to.

Managing the squad at his disposal and every decision relating to them (how they train, who plays, which players are going to be this weeks scapegoats etc.) is squad management, end of

Maybe what you are talking about is squad construction, but obviously you are using a term incorrectly and then it seems like having a pop at someone for using it correctly.

Seems strange to me.

Last edited:
And he would ne right to.

Managing the squad at his disposal is squad management, end of

Maybe what you are talking about is squad construction, but obviously you are using a term incorrectly and then it seems like having a pop at someone for using it correctly.

Seems strange to me.
AFAIK, squad management concerns the composition of the squad (who gets bought, gets sold, contract extension, home grown quota, release, loan, salary etc) while who gets on the pitch on match day is under team selection and tactics

Yep.

I’d be very underwhelmed to have Rodgers. To much money and negotiating to get him. But as long it isn’t Nuno...
I’d be very underwhelmed to have Rodgers. To much money and negotiating to get him. But as long it isn’t Nuno...
Would be a massive improvement on Jose both in terms of style of play and player engagement - probably not going to win us the CL but would likely get us competing for 4th

I think we will throw the kitchen sink at Rodgers. Whether that is the right move I’m not sure. I suspect we are more likely to appoint the wrong man than the right one. Scary.
If that man coaches a modern, progressive, competitive style of football, then we will be heading in the direction of travel required to move us away from the shit we are in now. Then that’s positive.

If he’s not sensational at doing that then we sack him and find another that is. What’s important is we do not deviate from the philosophy, as we have done with the dinosaur.

By way of an example Tuchel, is benefiting from the work of Sarri & Lampard.

The only thing I have zero faith in, is wether the board recognizes that Pullis, Benitez, Bruce, Ancelotti, and king cunt Mourinho’s prehistoric football is not the ticket towards another Title chase.

We could get lucky and get the timing just right by landing a Naglesmann but it’s more than likely this will take two or three managers.

Last edited:
Levy doesn’t really do left field so I suspect it will be him. He will only leave Leicester though I reckon if they don’t get champions league, which I think they will. Then I don’t know where we turn.
Surely Champions league or not Spurs should be a bigger attraction than Leicester.
If not we should be really worried.

All these potential managers and nobody has mentioned Emery?

Man could win yet another EL this season and we seem to have got into a habit of late of appointing ex-Chelsea managers so why not go back to ex-Woolwich?

I'm not being entirely serious of course but if he ends up beating Woolwich and Man United in the EL I wouldn't bet against it.

Nagelsmann was many people's dream on here but once Bayern were interested it was only going to end up one way.

I don't like Rodgers as a person and wouldn't want him as our manager. Much prefer a younger coach like Potter.

What about this duo?

BOc9PFC.gif

It looks to me as though Rodgers' main strength is his man-management. That's not a bad thing. You can go a long way on that. You certainly can't go anywhere without it, as we are seeing at the moment.

I feel, however, that his philosophy is half-baked. It's a little bit Harry Redknapp. I find them very flaky without the ball, and they make heavy weather of playing out from the back when pressed.

It looks to me as though Rodgers' main strength is his man-management. That's not a bad thing. You can go a long way on that. You certainly can't go anywhere without it, as we are seeing at the moment.

I feel, however, that his philosophy is half-baked. It's a little bit Harry Redknapp. I find them very flaky without the ball, and they make heavy weather of playing out from the back when pressed.
He’s more than that. He influences their style of play, certainly the attacking play where-as Redknapp just let players do their own thing

Surely Champions league or not Spurs should be a bigger attraction than Leicester.
If not we should be really worried.
We probably could tempt Rodgers away, but I would question the wisdom of swapping an interesting project and lower expectations for higher expectations and a chairman who knows nothing about football but gets his tentacles everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom