If you want a different Tottenham, go and get it.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You might be right, we'll see. So much depends on the next two rounds of TV money (domestic and abroad). If the money in continues to soar, then £1 billion for us might be reachable. But one thing ENIC is good at is counting the pennies, so every time a new TV deal is announced they'll be there in detail with their cost/benefit analyses, spreadsheets and calculators, and if they think that the market will now sustain £1.1 billion, then the price will doubtless go up.
I detest modern football and all that it conjures up. I accept we will need to raise finance to challenge amongst the best and hope we do it soon. I accept it may be a big investor but isn't it a shame that football has come to that, big investor - Instant suces. It saddens me to see, this is what supports yearn for. Supporters do need to embrace the present to be part of the future, i accept the past will forget us all?

Last edited:
60s we were stylish 70/80/90s entertaining 00/10 shite.
I thought we were pretty stylish in the early 80s.

Hoddle's two near-identical, elegant volleys from well crafted free kicks against Man U and Forest were two of my favourite moments. Beauty and power borne from team-work and intelligence.

Yep we were very stylish at our best in the 80s, the most stylish club in the country for a while. We may not have won the title, but that tended to need a lot of 'aggression' (violence), but in Hoddle Waddle Ardilles and others, we had style to spare. Also in those days winning the FA Cup meant a lot more than it does now.

If spurs go down the city and Chelsea road of an oil rich gangster sugar daddy what's left of the clubs tradition will finally die out. Look at those two clubs now successful yes but plastic as fuck, stadiums full of Asians racing plastic flags. I for one don't wanna see that shit. Also a mega investment in overpaid superstars means ticket price hike and who can afford the tickets to go up any more? I'd much rather win the league cup than finish forth any day. Let's go back to being shit but stylish and entertaining.
Couldn't agree more.

Once you're in the world of flags left on seats for the home fans, you know it's gone to shit.

Back
Top Bottom