If you want a different Tottenham, go and get it.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Do you feel strongly about Levy, ENIC and the club? Do you want to see change? Are you sure that something has to be done? Then do something about it. Get together, get organised and make your point. Mouthing off on Twitter solves nothing. Razor makes his debut on the front page.

Read article

Do you feel strongly about Levy, ENIC and the club? Do you want to see change? Are you sure that something has to be done? Then do something about it. Get together, get organised and make your point. Mouthing off on Twitter solves nothing. Razor makes his debut on the front page.

Read article
But the complainers won't do that. They lack the bottle, or the intellectual capacity for anything beyond small words on social media. That's partly why they're raging like this. It's a projection of self-loathing onto the club.

But the complainers won't do that. They lack the bottle, or the intellectual capacity for anything beyond small words on social media. That's partly why they're raging like this. It's a projection of self-loathing onto the club.
Don't go all Rust Cohle, please buddy

What's a protest actually going to achieve? Just look at how pointless it has been up at Newcastle. The owners own the business and us fans are the customers, or clients as our beloved clubs calls us on our membership cards. Even Cardiff's protests against a colour change went in vein and Levy and ENIC aren't doing anything that absurd!

Aside from a boycott a genuine boycott that leaves us with about 10,000 fans per game at WHL nothing will change. ENIC think of the bottom line they don't care about popularity hence why protests would most likely not work, only hitting the bottom line would and are Spurs fans in mass ready to avoid live games?

What's a protest actually going to achieve? Just look at how pointless it has been up at Newcastle. The owners own the business and us fans are the customers, or clients as our beloved clubs calls us on our membership cards. Even Cardiff's protests against a colour change went in vein and Levy and ENIC aren't doing anything that absurd!
Protesting accomplishes nothing because it's a negative act. THST actually accomplishes stuff because it's a creative act. Members are actually engaging with the club to talk about how to improve things. If you want change, that's what must be done. Saying "ENIC Out" does nothing because there is no next step.

I am not claiming ENIC/the board are anything more than a group of individuals trying to run a football team at a profit while competing in a very competitive league. There are many things which they could do differently which we as fans would be happier with. If you don't tell them what those things are, or how they can get there from here though, then nothing will change.

And if you think that there is nothing that will improve matters other than new management in place, then get together with like-minded people, raise the money, and buy the club. I'd be quite happy to contribute my own money to something like that, with the idea of setting things up along the lines of a German club or FC United on a larger scale.

Change requires effort, thought and action. I don't think those that complain the loudest have the backbone for that, given how many of them are so eager to bash the Supporter's Trust at the same time.

Protesting accomplishes nothing because it's a negative act. THST actually accomplishes stuff because it's a creative act. Members are actually engaging with the club to talk about how to improve things. If you want change, that's what must be done. Saying "ENIC Out" does nothing because there is no next step.

I am not claiming ENIC/the board are anything more than a group of individuals trying to run a football team at a profit while competing in a very competitive league. There are many things which they could do differently which we as fans would be happier with. If you don't tell them what those things are, or how they can get there from here though, then nothing will change.

And if you think that there is nothing that will improve matters other than new management in place, then get together with like-minded people, raise the money, and buy the club. I'd be quite happy to contribute my own money to something like that, with the idea of setting things up along the lines of a German club or FC United on a larger scale.

Change requires effort, thought and action. I don't think those that complain the loudest have the backbone for that, given how many of them are so eager to bash the Supporter's Trust at the same time.
If we can find 1,000,000 of us at £1,000 a pop we'll meet their crazy valuation. To dare is to do!

If we can find 1,000,000 of us at £1,000 a pop we'll meet their crazy valuation. To dare is to do!
Selling 10 million shares at 100 a pop would probably be easier. Make it one person, one vote, like FC United and you can also eliminate the risk of one person buying a lot of shares and taking control.

I'm game. I just don't want the fans to have any say in football operations. We can't agree on anything, and no professional would work under idiots like us.

Do you seriously think:
a) there are enough supporters to buy 10,000,000 shares at £100 a pop?
b) a fan ownership club could compete in the top 6 of the PL?
A) Yes. there are over a million Spurs fans across the globe. Some will buy more than one share. It can be done. It's very difficult and unlikely, but not impossible.
B) If Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Barcelona can beat the shit out of the Chelseas and Real Madrid's of the world in the Champion's League, then a well-run, fan-owned Spurs can do it in the Premier League. I am not saying the fans would make the footballing decisions. They don't at those clubs. But fan-ownership wouldn't hamper us competitively. We need a 55,000+ stadium either way for that to happen.

I think the PL would be a different kettle of fish to the duopoly of La Liga and monopoly of the Bundesliga for fan ownership. Youth development is key for Dortmund's success playing 2nd fiddle to Bayern, IMO that's our only chance to get a leg-up on our top 8 competitors. We have the new training complex, we have a manager who has given kids a chance at Southampton and we have a promising batch already in and around the first team at the moment. I'd be all for some sort of movement like what you suggest but I doubt we'd go close to selling half those 10,000,000 shares

I think the PL would be a different kettle of fish to the duopoly of La Liga and monopoly of the Bundesliga for fan ownership. Youth development is key for Dortmund's success playing 2nd fiddle to Bayern, IMO that's our only chance to get a leg-up on our top 8 competitors. We have the new training complex, we have a manager who has given kids a chance at Southampton and we have a promising batch already in and around the first team at the moment. I'd be all for some sort of movement like what you suggest but I doubt we'd go close to selling half those 10,000,000 shares
Also .these Million fans world wide.How many would actually be prepared to part with that sort of money? Its a lot to many in various parts of the globe.

Perhaps. But trying to do something is a hell of a lot better than just whining on a forum. Don't forget, Bayern Munich is fan-owned too. By German law, all clubs have to be. Leverkusen and Wolfsburg received excemptions for historical reasons, but the other clubs in the pyramid all are fan-owned.

And in La Liga, Barça are fan-owned, so it hasn't held them back. It would be tricky, but given THFC's direction is pro-Academy already, it's do-able. If we still lacked the funds to compete, oh well. At least we'd be doing it on our terms. There'd be a tremendous pride in that, I think.

Also .these Million fans world wide.How many would actually be prepared to part with that sort of money? Its a lot to many in various parts of the globe.
Yes, it is. But Spurs fanbase in the UK and North America is not a poor one.

I am not saying such a task is easy, but if the fans really want change, and don't want ENIC replaced by "the next guys" with God knows what consequences, then that's really the only course of action.

Aside from a boycott a genuine boycott that leaves us with about 10,000 fans per game at WHL nothing will change. ENIC think of the bottom line they don't care about popularity hence why protests would most likely not work, only hitting the bottom line would and are Spurs fans in mass ready to avoid live games?
You're right and if fans boycotted and reduced attendances, the first people to complain would be the pseudo revolutionaries on this forum, who preach about taking action.

Imo, if we should protest anything, it should be retarded ideas like this one. Nothing good has ever come from supporters protesting against owners.

And of course, it has to be said, our owners has taken us far, and are hard at work trying to take us further. Protesting against them wouldn't just be destructive, it would be retarded.

Would be like protesting against your mot for giving you breast milk instead of Coca Cola through her tits.

On the other hand, look at the stink West Ham supporters put up the last two seasons. It didn't get Allardyce sacked but it put pressure on the club and manager and West Ham had a good window and now are playing very un-Fat Sam like football. I'm not sure I support the protests but putting pressure on Levy to do better is something I could get behind.

On the other hand, look at the stink West Ham supporters put up the last two seasons. It didn't get Allardyce sacked but it put pressure on the club and manager and West Ham had a good window and now are playing very un-Fat Sam like football. I'm not sure I support the protests but putting pressure on Levy to do better is something I could get behind.
Big difference being they were protesting against a manager (employee) of the club we'd be protesting against the chairmen. Equivalent of banging your head against a brick wall!

Back
Top Bottom