I like this Stat

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It means we should have signed Demba Ba

Levy Out
Well, he would be a pretty good signing I'd have thought. Incidentally, just to be clear I've never advocated Levy out, or ran any such campaign, just that I'd be glad if ENIC sold up to a billionaire benefactor. I do wish we'd have sold up to Abramovich, and it seems there was a realistic, or at least slight chance of this happening, but I've always kept well clear of bringing personalities into this, be it Sugar, Scholar or Levy, I'm just looking at their record as owners/chairmen.

As I've said many a time, under ENIC we've made a slight improvement overall compared to the previous 13 and a half years, but what's let them down big-time is our trophy haul.

While ENIC are in charge I've been one of the more accepting of fans. Interesting how many who think ENIC are doing a 'great job' moan and groan at the players, managers, our captain,etc, whereas I'm one of the most supportive and non-critical in cyberspace, and always gave the team my full support when I went to the games. Unfortunately under ENIC the atmosphere has deteriorated badly in recent years, so another reason why I'd be happy if they sold up, PROVIDED it was to the right owners, and, of course, I accept that's a big gamble.

PS Thanks to all those who've helped me to a 1000 positive reps, I'm now a proud owner of a Champions League medal. And may I add once again the 1882 movement is a true champion of Spurs :coys:

Last edited:
Well, he would be a pretty good signing I'd have thought. Incidentally, just to be clear I've never advocated Levy out, or ran any such campaign, just that I'd be glad if ENIC sold up to a billionaire benefactor. I do wish we'd have sold up to Abramovich, and it seems there was a realistic, or at least slight chance of this happening, but I've always kept well clear of bringing personalities into this, be it Sugar, Scholar or Levy, I'm just looking at their record as owners/chairmen.

As I've said many a time, under ENIC we've made a slight improvement overall compared to the previous 13 and a half years, but what's let them down big-time is our trophy haul.

While ENIC are in charge I've been one of the more accepting of fans. Interesting how many who think ENIC are doing a 'great job' moan and groan at the players, managers, our captain,etc, whereas I'm one of the most supportive and non-critical in cyberspace, and always gave the team my full support when I went to the games. Unfortunately under ENIC the atmosphere has deteriorated badly in recent years, so another reason why I'd be happy if they sold up, PROVIDED it was to the right owners, and, of course, I accept that's a big gamble.

PS Thanks to all those who've helped me to a 1000 positive reps, I'm now a proud owner of a Champions League medal. And may I add once again the 1882 movement is a true champion of Spurs :coys:

I think it all got a bit lost in translation......the little smiley thing was a reply to Millbanks, who you have on ignore....

Greaves: If we had sold to Abramovich then that would mean appointing Putin as no1 unofficial ticket holder: That does not excite me!

Thanks to the ever useful (and indeed wonderful) My Football Facts site

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/English_Football_Club_Rankings_2013-14.html

Finishing 6th out of 366 is a nice stat.

It always amuses me, (except when it irritates me :) when people talk of midtable mediocrity, reffing to finishing say 9th or 10th in the Prem

For me, midtable mediocrity is somewhere around where Preston or Posh finished. but when you see how many former Lge clubs have slipped out of the top 100, you could argue it's something like where Rochdale finished.

Interesting to see some of the teams that won the Southern Lge, including us of course.

Fook me mate, that's really seeing the glass half full. I just think we are crap !!

Praises the shit out of 6th place, yet wants a billionaire benefactor to buy us because we've not been successful enough....

facepalm.gif

Back
Top Bottom