Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did NOT see this coming...
You coulda named 24 out of 25 of our squad, and he'd have been the LAST name I'd have thought would do this....

Such a shame.

Cue the self righteous media backlash!
He's gonna be a marked man from now on!

I had no idea of this, I spoke to my father before Shabbat and he told me Hugo might not play and be stripped of his captain's armband for Monday. Ridiculous, like the Sterling "Tattoo Scandal".

I'd be very disappointed by Poch and the rest if they did bench him.

Dropped? Jesus Christ! What an overreaction...let the law decide his punishment first then decide...let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater!
Hahahaha "overreaction" that people are suggesting dropping someone whose actions could have actually killed someone. Don't give a flying toss what other clubs do in these situations...I hope my club takes precedent and makes it clear stupid actions like this are not tolerated.

I had no idea of this, I spoke to my father before Shabbat and he told me Hugo might not play and be stripped of his captain's armband for Monday. Ridiculous, like the Sterling "Tattoo Scandal".

What?? How is Sterling getting a tattoo comparable to Hugo drink-driving??

Hahahahah someone having a shite tattoo is the equivalant of someone driving under the influence. Worst comparison I've ever read.

Hahahaha "overreaction" that people are suggesting dropping someone whose actions could have actually killed someone. Don't give a flying toss what other clubs do in these situations...I hope my club takes precedent and makes it clear stupid actions like this are not tolerated.

Could have is a possibility. Didn't is a truth. 1mg over limit is not like being 50mg over limit and any punishment should reflect the degree of seriousness of the actual amount...not a blanket worst case scenario punishment based on what ifs nd hypotheticals...

The France international was arrested by police in the early hours of Friday morning in Gloucester Place, near Baker Street after failing a breathalyser test.

He had to have been drugged! While he's in the neighborhood why not head by 221B Baker St. and get Mr. Holmes to look into this!

When it comes to stripping him of the captaincy I have a few thoughts

- First and foremost, adult decisions have adult consequences. We all make mistakes, but there's a difference between an honest mistake and a mistake that has the potential to cause a loss of life. When you're making the money Lloris is making, there is absolutely zero excuse to not get in a cab.

- Whatever happens we need to accept it. It will say more about both Pochettino and Lloris what they do in this moment than anything else we've seen from them so far. Leaders dish out punishment when it's deserved, sometimes it's public and sometimes it's private. If it's a one match ban imposed by the club or if it's a temporary or even permanent stripping of the armband.

- Like it or not, this is much bigger than football. Even though I personally don't think kids should be looking to sports stars as role models (there are much better people in the world to look up to) the reality is that this is what happens. I'm glad he's apologized, and I hope it will never happen again.

The fuck, Hugo?!

By far one of my favourite, if not the favourite, of this squad. He's really, in my eyes, the spark that touched off the fire the club currently breathes. All of that to say I'm immensely disappointed in him and want to see Vorm for about the next month. Hand Harry the arm band for the rest of the season.

Drink driving is the cuntiest of cunty things to do, particularly when you make £100k+ p/w. Call a service, you fucking mug.

:pochserious2:

What?? How is Sterling getting a tattoo comparable to Hugo drink-driving??
In that they're both private individuals and not officeholders, what they do outside of the ground should have no consideration in their selection for the team. With media pumping their moralist BS in the background to stir a fuss.

Drink-driving. for all we know he had 2 pints not a bottle of Vodka.

Personally, I think there is a significant difference in those who misjudge how much they've had when the law allows you to drive with X amount of alcohol in your system, and those who know they're over but are wilfully endangering life.I hope Hugo is in the former and not the later.

I'm disappointed in him mostly because he's too rich to be driving himself anywhere, especially if he's had a hint of alcohol. We pay him to keep his heels clean.

I feel like stripping him of the captaincy would send him towards the exit door at our club though and I'd rather not do that. I'm not sure what is appropriate here but I'll be glad to support whatever Poch deems is fitting for this incident.

Gutted, drags our club name through the gutter at an unfortunate time.

Should not be dropped, but i think one other person mentioned.... Maybe he will resign his captaincy ? As a captain and an example to the squad he has obviously fallen short of the standards that should be in place.

Handing in his armband, not as some grand gesture, but as a genuine show of regret in what he has done would be admirable in my opinion.

A lot depends on how much he was over the limit, I think Poch and many fans find it relatively easy to forgive him, and can somewhat understand it, if he just had 2 glasses of wine.

Still not smart, but forgivable. 5 pints and a few whiskies would paint a completely different picture.

Last edited:
Personally, I think there is a significant difference in those who misjudge how much they've had when the law allows you to drive with X amount of alcohol in your system, and those who know they're over but are wilfully endangering life.I hope Hugo is in the former and not the later.
Add in French culture which officially condemns in major campaigns, but privately condones (I have been in a car with french friends in small towns after very long lunches, and the local gendarme turns a blind eye). It could easily have been one glass of wine, but someone overfilled it, or maybe it was a whole night of pernod and water.

I would question why was he out at 1am 3 days before a major major match, that is pretty unacceptable, and there is no cultural excuse for that behaviour

In this day and age, though, they should all be educated that if you even breathe near alcohol get a driver to pick you up. Sorry Hugo, but the armband has to go to set an example, more than anything else, to the kids in the u23 and below

Last edited:
The fucking armchair managers and chairmans in this forum are a sight to behold.
If it were De Gea or Cech this forum would be going bonkers right now. Integrity is maintaining your values when doing so damages yourself or something you care for. I love Hugo, but he fucked up big time and deserves the punishment he's earned. If that sends him towards the exit door because he can't accept the consequences of his actions, then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom