Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s so sad how it’s ended, but you really couldn’t ask for a better signing than Lloris, all things considered. Great value, great reputation, gave us nearly a decade of largely quality service, one transgression with the drink driving incident.

The evolution of the game passed him by (distribution etc.) , and he ultimately lived long enough to become a villain, and it’s horrible that he never won anything with us, but there’s still plenty of good memories:

•Save from Welbeck at 1-1 in the 14-15 WHL derby, before Kane’s winner

•save from Coutinho in the 4-1 over LFC at Wembley

•save from Benzema in the Bernabeu

•repelling Dortmund when they were laying siege in the 1st half of the 2nd leg

•the run of crucial penalty saves in March/April 2019 (Vardy, Aguero, Aubameyang)

•Ziyech save just before Moura’s winner in Amsterdam.

Been a very solid captain for club and country and I’ll always remember him fondly.

If only we could find a suitable replacement for Kane like we have Hugo
That’s not happening. 7 teams finished ahead of us last season and they don’t have a striker who touches Kane. You need a top goalie to be competitive but you can be competitive without a superstar striker.

Richy and Son have 16 goals and 3 assists between them combined this season playing the 9.

Their combined numbers from the left wing? 1 goal 5 assists… it’s clear what the problem area is.

That’s not happening. 7 teams finished ahead of us last season and they don’t have a striker who touches Kane. You need a top goalie to be competitive but you can be competitive without a superstar striker.

Richy and Son have 16 goals and 3 assists between them combined this season playing the 9.

Their combined numbers from the left wing? 1 goal 5 assists… it’s clear what the problem area is.
I see your point but Haaland definitively "touches" Kane and was a major contributor to Man City's EÅL & CL title.

I see your point but Haaland definitively "touches" Kane and was a major contributor to Man City's EÅL & CL title.
Haaland may be the best box striker I’ve ever seen, but I will stop watching this sport if he ever becomes a Balon D’Or winner. His big game record since moving to City really deserves more scrutiny.

Kane is in another galaxy as far as being an all-round player is concerned.

Best keeper I've seen at this club by a long long way. He stuck around when we was a mess getting 4 and 5 put past us on regular occasions and was loyal to us. Go and watch some YouTube videos and remind yourself of just how great he's been for us. Legend for me.

Back
Top Bottom