Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he struggled, but he wasn't worse than Tanganga (who was one of the reasons why he was getting pulled out of shape), no worse than Reggie who might have not even bothered to put his shirt on. And I don't get the "praise" that Rondon is getting, who ran into at least two of our own players and spent the game not knowing whether to stick or twist when the oppo were on the ball and losing his man for crosses.

If we are slagging off Sanchez with such gusto, then why are we not doing so to Kane, Son, Lucas etc for not pressing as a unit. If this lot could hold onto the ball higher up the pitch do you not think that would be a good thing for our defence? (I wouldn't focus on them for the same reasons I don't on the individuals in defence....The manager has us playing like a pub team, this is the problem).

But people only focus on the action that results in the shot, they never slag off why that shot was able to be fashioned in the first place. They see defenders unsure who to mark but don't comment on the midfield not tracking a third man run that creates the space. They don't comment on the easy way in which a poor oppo passed through our outnumbered midfield.

This isn't about the individual players. Have you not noticed how every single one of them is actually getting worse with the exception of say Kane, Hugo and possibly Ndombele and possibly Lamela? PEH has been crap for the last +5 games, Reggie woeful, Tanganga is looking like a liability, Dier from a promising start declined, Toby is just generally declining but he has fallen under the managers blame game as has Aurier, Doherty, Dele, Sissoko and Winks. Davies, never stylistically the best player but highly dependable nonetheless looks lost. Son, before his injury way off form for a month or two.

The dumb errors happen because they are under so much pressure to defend for most of the game and almost certainly because they are fearful of wanting the ball because the Manager will chuck them under the bus in a heartbeat to deflect the criticism. In the days when we used to apply pressure on our opponents we used to force dumb mistakes on them, it's the net result of playing a cohesive dominant game. Under jose we are dominated, we are therefore the ones that will inevitably have a dumb mistake occur.

These dumb mistakes are systemic, they happen multiple times in-game, every week and by multiple players, regardless of who the opposition is. This by definition doesn't make them "individual errors", they are "team errors". They happen as a direct result of how we play.

Literally, none of this changes, if we replace the entire team with new signings I promise you they will play exactly the same as our lads are now and how Utd and Chelsea's players did under him. A team poorly managed, poorly motivated has it's players play like this, this is what it looks like.
Sanchez was the worst out of the bunch
He kept puting passes straight out of play or to the Newcastle goalkeeper.
Looked nervous. Got beaten easily by Newcastle Forwards and then made so many mis-timed headers.
At fault for both the goals in some way.

Rodon? He did nothing wrong lol. Idk what you are saying about him.
Tanganga and Reguilon were poor but not as poor as Sanchez.

I thought he struggled, but he wasn't worse than Tanganga (who was one of the reasons why he was getting pulled out of shape), no worse than Reggie who might have not even bothered to put his shirt on. And I don't get the "praise" that Rondon is getting, who ran into at least two of our own players and spent the game not knowing whether to stick or twist when the oppo were on the ball and losing his man for crosses.

If we are slagging off Sanchez with such gusto, then why are we not doing so to Kane, Son, Lucas etc for not pressing as a unit. If this lot could hold onto the ball higher up the pitch do you not think that would be a good thing for our defence? (I wouldn't focus on them for the same reasons I don't on the individuals in defence....The manager has us playing like a pub team, this is the problem).

But people only focus on the action that results in the shot, they never slag off why that shot was able to be fashioned in the first place. They see defenders unsure who to mark but don't comment on the midfield not tracking a third man run that creates the space. They don't comment on the easy way in which a poor oppo passed through our outnumbered midfield.

This isn't about the individual players. Have you not noticed how every single one of them is actually getting worse with the exception of say Kane, Hugo and possibly Ndombele and possibly Lamela? PEH has been crap for the last +5 games, Reggie woeful, Tanganga is looking like a liability, Dier from a promising start declined, Toby is just generally declining but he has fallen under the managers blame game as has Aurier, Doherty, Dele, Sissoko and Winks. Davies, never stylistically the best player but highly dependable nonetheless looks lost. Son, before his injury way off form for a month or two.

The dumb errors happen because they are under so much pressure to defend for most of the game and almost certainly because they are fearful of wanting the ball because the Manager will chuck them under the bus in a heartbeat to deflect the criticism. In the days when we used to apply pressure on our opponents we used to force dumb mistakes on them, it's the net result of playing a cohesive dominant game. Under jose we are dominated, we are therefore the ones that will inevitably have a dumb mistake occur.

These dumb mistakes are systemic, they happen multiple times in-game, every week and by multiple players, regardless of who the opposition is. This by definition doesn't make them "individual errors", they are "team errors". They happen as a direct result of how we play.

Literally, none of this changes, if we replace the entire team with new signings I promise you they will play exactly the same as our lads are now and how Utd and Chelsea's players did under him. A team poorly managed, poorly motivated has it's players play like this, this is what it looks like.
Worst player on the pitch by a distance was Sanchez

Accept it

Sanchez was the worst out of the bunch
He kept puting passes straight out of play or to the Newcastle goalkeeper.
Looked nervous. Got beaten easily by Newcastle Forwards and then made so many mis-timed headers.
At fault for both the goals in some way.

Rodon? He did nothing wrong lol. Idk what you are saying about him.
Tanganga and Reguilon were poor but not as poor as Sanchez.
Fuck me mate not sure you got the point of my War and Peace post at all.

I'll let you kick the heads in of individual players whilst the Dinosaur is managing, he'll be proud of your work.

Fuck me mate not sure you got the point of my War and Peace post at all.

I'll let you kick the heads in of individual players whilst the Dinosaur is managing, he'll be proud of your work.
Nah tbf I didn't . I only read the first bit about defenders. Will read the 2nd bit and respond to that later ;)

All I'm seeing is a TEAM that hasn't got a clue how to play decent football. That can't defend as a TEAM.
Any TEAM be it Barca in their prime couldn’t play decent football with a defence like ours and Sanchez clearly the worst offender

Any TEAM be it Barca in their prime couldn’t play decent football with a defence like ours and Sanchez clearly the worst offender
We are shit Baz, because we are poorly managed. If you think otherwise then tell me what would be different in the way we play if we had better individuals in our back four. Would we still be playing:
1. Low/mid-block
2. Passive reactive football
3. Wanting the oppo to have the ball
4. Oppo creating chances
5. Oppo outshooting us is almost every game
6. Not pressing high as a collective unit
7. Not pressing in midfield as a collective unit
8. Having no attacking patterns of play
9. Playing with fear
10. Less possession than the oppo
11. Loosing 2nd balls
12. Poor pass completion rate from midfield to attack
13. Long balls

Do you seriously believe all of that will change if we had a new CB? Perhaps we should get Dawson from West Ham?

Lol I thought this was the Hugo Lloris thread and now we are talking about is Sanchez good or not etc..

Poor Hugo having to play with poor CB's in front of him most of the time.

We are shit Baz, because we are poorly managed. If you think otherwise then tell me what would be different in the way we play if we had better individuals in our back four. Would we still be playing:
1. Low/mid-block
2. Passive reactive football
3. Wanting the oppo to have the ball
4. Oppo creating chances
5. Oppo outshooting us is almost every game
6. Not pressing high as a collective unit
7. Not pressing in midfield as a collective unit
8. Having no attacking patterns of play
9. Playing with fear
10. Less possession than the oppo
11. Loosing 2nd balls
12. Poor pass completion rate from midfield to attack
13. Long balls

Do you seriously believe all of that will change if we had a new CB? Perhaps we should get Dawson from West Ham?
That’s not what I said
You’re deliberately misquoting me again

I said “we can’t play decent football with a defence like ours”

I then went on to say that the worst defender we have is Sanchez
Subtle difference!

Like the other thread when you were adamant that Jose said that we WILL win the league when actually he said what any new manager would say in that’we CAN win the league’
Another subtle difference!

How’s your political career coming on?

Id vote for you!

Lol I thought this was the Hugo Lloris thread and now we are talking about is Sanchez good or not etc..

Poor Hugo having to play with poor CB's in front of him most of the time.
He’s part of our defence tbf but Sanchez is still shit and Hugo can surely see that

That’s not what I said

Subtle difference!

Like the other thread when you were adamant that Jose said that we WILL win the league when actually he said what any new manager would say in that’we CAN win the league’

Id vote for you!

We have played much better football with this defence though!!! I wonder what could have happened that's prevented it from occurring again.

That’s not what I said

Subtle difference!

Id vote for you!
Dier is worse than Sanchez.

It’s close but my vote goes to Sanchez for his performance against ManC ending up on his arse!

Quickest I’ve seen Dier move was when he ran into the stands!

Let's agree that we need to sell them both. They both score high on the irrational clumsy scale.

drunk trip GIF

It’s close but my vote goes to Sanchez for his performance against ManC ending up on his arse!

Quickest I’ve seen Dier move was when he ran into the stands!
What about the time where Dier tried to foul Werner in the box 3 times before finally succeeding.

Both are crap but Dier is just crapper because he isn't a CB at all so Sanchez has some better instincts than him.

What about the time where Dier tried to foul Werner in the box 3 times before finally succeeding.

Both are crap but Dier is just crapper because he isn't a CB at all so Sanchez has some better instincts than him.
What is Dier then?
I m not sure

Back
Top Bottom