How to know/become a true Spurs Fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whenever we lose i get depressing and dont talk to anyone for half a week. My dad got pissed off at me for doing that and is going to try and stop me from watching us next season. No way am i going to let that happen. That is the definition of following spurs, or im just an arse of a son.
:adeohshit:

Give or take a few games (Woolwich, Chelsea, West Ham, 1882 nights) I'm only doing Away's next season.

It's got to the point that even if we win, I walk out of there fucked off as I've just listened to people slating the Club while winning 2 - 0.

No atmosphere, dickheads taking selfies of them & the mrs, whinging pricks, cunt stewards.

Fuck that.

Similar situation to myself. I'll skip the first couple of games and see how much I miss it. It's a real shame but that's how I feel and there's no point getting into arguments all the time.

Debatable...people who were begging for Stratford or declaring Chelsea have a better history than us try my patience

Just because someone has an opinion that goes against the grain, or what is considered "Spurs", doesn't make them any less Spurs.

There isn't a rule book, there is no unwritten law to being Spurs. You are or you aren't, its not for others to judge.

only god can judge me breh
Consider yourself judged!!
god2.jpg

Just because someone has an opinion that goes against the grain, or what is considered "Spurs", doesn't make them any less Spurs.

There isn't a rule book, there is no unwritten law to being Spurs. You are or you aren't, its not for others to judge.

If someone claims to be Spurs, but says something like "well actually, I dont mind Woolwich, or Chelsea and I like to see them do well in Europe for English football", they are not true Spurs.

There are definately limits to which IMO, people can be judged by

This season has been a bit of hit and miss season for football, but next season I want to be fully dedicated to Spurs, already planning to get tickets to see a match, before I turn 16 and they charge me over £30 for it.:carrollwtf:

And before you guys say, I have a fairly wide range of football knowledge, that's not an issue, so what do you guys think define a true spurs fan

In my opinion it's someone who can be objective. To many fans of all clubs look at the teams with rose tinted glasses. Secondly, go to as many games as you can afford. Thirdly, make some bloody noise. Finally, buy me beer before the game, and that makes you a top class geezer as well. I know you are only 16, so you will have to give me the money, and I will get them in.

But, sammyspurs sammyspurs , do you think hatred against Woolwich is part of being Spurs? I mean, I'm German and not living in London so I don't feel that rivalry between "New-North-Londoners" and "Old-North-Londoners" and thus not hating Woolwich. Still, I don't want them to do well nationally and internationally, but I wouldn't mind too much if they got a decent placement if we at Spurs reach our aims aswell (meaning I'd rather see them above us if we get CL next season than seeing them beneath us but without CL for us).
I don't know whether I'm out of favor now or not but that's my honest opinion as spurs from abroad.

But, sammyspurs sammyspurs , do you think hatred against Woolwich is part of being Spurs? I mean, I'm German and not living in London so I don't feel that rivalry between "New-North-Londoners" and "Old-North-Londoners" and thus not hating Woolwich. Still, I don't want them to do well nationally and internationally, but I wouldn't mind too much if they got a decent placement if we at Spurs reach our aims aswell (meaning I'd rather see them above us if we get CL next season than seeing them beneath us but without CL for us).
I don't know whether I'm out of favor now or not but that's my honest opinion as spurs from abroad.

Mate, I think your have your priorities spot on. Loving Spurs comes above hating Woolwich...If we achieve our targets, I dont give care what they win.

I dont want them to win a thing! But I wouldnt take Spurs missing out to stop them...

I can kind of understand this. Being a young fan I didn't start hating Woolwich until relatively recently, however a few games later and being around them all that comes to mind... Cunts, cunts, CUNTS. Seriously, also there's something really angering about West Ham, Chelsea and even Liverpool now. That's probably partly the medias fault for Liverpool but also there self-righteousness, how they're always the victims and how they have the only scouts in on Earth. :pochfacepalm:
angry-desk-flip.png
angry-meme-jpg.16819

Right, sometimes that's really annoying.
Actually the club I hate the most is Chelsea. Spending so much money on fees and salaries and still playing such a shitty football it's just annoying. Cherry of the cake was their CL-win with the mentioned awkward kind of football. Not to mention that they always snatch away our nearly completed transfer targets (Hazard, Mata, Willian...).

On my list of hated football clubs they are definitely on top with a clear margin...

Debatable...people who were begging for Stratford or declaring Chelsea have a better history than us try my patience

They are still spurs.

Just utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, Twats.

It is different dependent on the person, surely. My Granddad has been a ST holder since 1977 - he doesn't like Woolwich but has always said he has more important things to concern him than hating a team he simply doesn't think about.

Being 'Spurs' is knowing that despite everything, despite all the good, the bad and the ugly, you'll always have Spurs in your life. Even when it is all encompassing, and then starts to become less and less the 'be and end all' as you have children, a mortgage to pay for and parents, grandparents to care for but it swells you with pride and deflates you like a saggy old new years eve balloon still tied to the door in March.

Bollocks.

You can't hate something for the sake of hating something.

I hate them, yes. Massively. But hating them doesn't make you more Spurs.

don't think it makes you more Spurs at all... but rivalry is a big part of football & i think "enjoying" these rivalries is a big part of being Spurs

don't think it makes you more Spurs at all... but rivalry is a big part of football & i think "enjoying" these rivalries is a big part of being Spurs
Yeah but rivalry and hatred are not the same. Two friends of mine are gooners and I really enjoy to make digs at them (right term? Dunno) because of that rivalry. But I'd never go so far to blame them for their support of Woolwich or even hate them for that.
Nevertheless I'll call everybody at Woolwich who offends Spurs a cunt, e.g. fucking Wilshere who has no respect hat all, that for sure.

Back
Top Bottom