How to know/become a true Spurs Fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks.

You can't hate something for the sake of hating something.

I hate them, yes. Massively. But hating them doesn't make you more Spurs.

He didnt say it makes you more Spurs, he agreed its a part of being Spurs, which it is.

And its not about hating them for the sake of it.

Yeah but rivalry and hatred are not the same. Two friends of mine are gooners and I really enjoy to make digs at them (right term? Dunno) because of that rivalry. But I'd never go so far to blame them for their support of Woolwich or even hate them for that.
Nevertheless I'll call everybody at Woolwich who offends Spurs a cunt, e.g. fucking Wilshere who has no respect hat all, that for sure.
nah you're spot on there mate, a lot of my mates are gooners as well and as much as I can't stand the club I wouldn't let the rivalry ruin our friendship.

Not that I don't know it but what exactly are the main reasons why we should hate Woolwich?
In my eyes the move from Woolwich to Highbury respectively the occupation of Spursy territory is the origin of that and every further reason to hate them is not the origin but the result of that issue/rivalry. So it's mainly a "regional" reason to hate them which might be an absolute "must" for British and especially Londoner spurs fans but less of an issue for the fans from abroad.
For the same reason I won't blame foreign Stuttgart fans for not hating Karlsruhe - it's just a regional issue that has transferred to football aswell.

What I wanna say with that is that it depends mainly on your home and thus distance to London aswell as on your reason why you're a spurs fan if and how much you carry the hatred on Woolwich.

If you are a yank you have to get drunk as feck on cheap cider and drink your own piss(alot like audere on any given nite) to be a true Spurs fan.

:bmj:

seriously, you do

:bentley:

For me a true fan, if there is actually such a thing, is a person who's whole weekend is either great or a steaming pile of dung dependent on the Spurs result.

Not really much more to it.

I can kind of understand this. Being a young fan I didn't start hating Woolwich until relatively recently, however a few games later and being around them all that comes to mind... Cunts, cunts, CUNTS. Seriously, also there's something really angering about West Ham, Chelsea and even Liverpool now. That's probably partly the medias fault for Liverpool but also there self-righteousness, how they're always the victims and how they have the only scouts in on Earth. :pochfacepalm:
angry-desk-flip.png
angry-meme-jpg.16819
You are clearly Spurs
:vdvcry:

To be a true Spurs fan, you've got to be a fan true to Spurs. Never give them up. Never let them down. Never run around and hurt them.

Stick with them through thick and thin, love them with every fibre of your being and never slag them off (if I followed that advice with my ex-husbands, I would probably still be married!)

The only way you are truly Spurs is if you take home loads of Evening Standards, sit there for hours ripping/cutting them up before bringing them to a game and throwing it all in the air. Hours of work for a few seconds. True dedication that.

Back
Top Bottom