Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guy has been a fantastic player and very loyal . He is not a centre forward , Kane sold and Richy injured not his fault , he does not deserve the stick he is getting

GIF by OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

It’s not stick , he is a legend of the club but the reality is he is a pace reliant player who isn’t really a 9 nor is he a winger that suits what Ange wants. As Deuterz Deuterz said he is at the Salah point now (much better guy than Salah) where we have to be looking to replace him. It’s sad but he isn’t the future.

Its very different to Kane, at elite level players who aren’t pace reliant like Kane generally have significantly longer careers. Kane, Modric, Scholes are players that can go close to 40. Speedsters and hard working DM’s generally 30-33.

Play him as a narrow left winger. Full back overlapping instead of central. Get him receiving the ball with space in front of the opposition and getting shots off which is his strongest attribute.

If we were given as many penalties as the other teams in the league he would be the top scorer. Crazy that some people want to get rid of him. He is still playing at a very high level and we need him next season.

He's not the player he was but he's 31. Nobody should expect him to be. He needs better than the likes of Werner and Johnson around him if we're to do better next season. I like both of them, but that's just the cold, hard truth.

Play him as a narrow left winger. Full back overlapping instead of central. Get him receiving the ball with space in front of the opposition and getting shots off which is his strongest attribute.
the inverted fullbacks and wide front men doesnt work with our personnel does it. porro defo better to be wider as he can actually put the ball into the box with quality. while our wide front men offer sweet fuck all being wide.

He had 32 touches against Woolwich
How TF does he only have 32 touches?
He really needs to stop hiding in games and actually try to make stuff happen
He still has the ability to do so but he plays scared and goes MIA

He had 32 touches against Woolwich
How TF does he only have 32 touches?
He really needs to stop hiding in games and actually try to make stuff happen
He still has the ability to do so but he plays scared and goes MIA
yeah looks like he doesn't dribble much or glide passed opp players these days.
He takes the ball - looks around then mostly pass it backwards if he is on the left flank.

I 'd probably blame the slow playbook because he is no good in congestion OR when the build up/transition is too slow for him to use his speed. hE is not good when his back is facing opp goal.

I just went to watch a compilation of son's goals on youtube.

What a fantastic player Dele Ali was.....How the hell did the club fuck that one up!

yeah looks like he doesn't dribble much or glide passed opp players these days.
He takes the ball - looks around then mostly pass it backwards if he is on the left flank.

I 'd probably blame the slow playbook because he is no good in congestion OR when the build up/transition is too slow for him to use his speed. hE is not good when his back is facing opp goal.
He doesn’t even try
He’s turned into Harry Winks since he’s come back from the Asia games
Just back and side passes
Next to zero effort from him
It’s pathetic

Son’s got 16 goals and 9 assists in the league this season - If he’s not good enuf then what are the rest of the attackers on the squad?

Son is still a top inside forward from the wing. He is NOT a no. 9 and he is not a touch line Ange-ball winger.

Son is world class only at very specific things (getting in behind, finishing and finding killer passes when he has space) - Son is NOT a well rounded player - Play Son to take advantage of his world class skills and you’ll get good performances- Play Son in way that doesn’t suit his skills and he’s USELESS.

Son needs to go this summer because his skills are not suited to Ange ball and our manager isn’t going to adapt his system to get the best of of our players - course I’m not sure what attacking players are suited to Ange ball these days since it seems to consist mostly of passing the ball aimlessly around the edge of the area because other managers have figured out that Ange ball is useless against low blocks that clog the middle - No balls over the top when countering (so Son’s speed useless) - always short passes through the middle that allow opposing defenses to get set before we get a shot off. Also no shots from outside the area so another Son strength that is useless under Ange-ball.

I know! Let’s get 5 foot 6 and 63 kilogram (when dripping wet) Celtic striker Kyogo to N17! He scored 27 league goals in the SPFL as the No 9 for Ange last season! Let’s have a go with Kyogo mate!

Last edited:
Most of us think this because we have watched him for years, but the manager who clearly hasn't watch past matches thinks Son if a CF,
we all know that Son disappears if the CH's give him a bit of bish bosh, Yet Ange doesn't see it and hasn't looked back over the past years (players like Leopards don't change their spots or the way they play)

Most of us think this because we have watched him for years, but the manager who clearly hasn't watch past matches thinks Son if a CF,
we all know that Son disappears if the CH's give him a bit of bish bosh, Yet Ange doesn't see it and hasn't looked back over the past years (players like Leopards don't change their spots or the way they play)
Let’s be honest here,we aren’t blessed with decent options. Richy not great and hardly been fit for a while and Johnson and Werner through the middle are hopeless.

Don't have a CF well a good coaching team would change the way they play,
what are we doing in training all week ? we have had NO midweek football most of the season so what coaching has gone on ?

Son’s got 16 goals and 9 assists in the league this season - If he’s not good enuf then what are the rest of the attackers on the squad?

Son is still a top inside forward from the wing. He is NOT a no. 9 and he is not a touch line Ange-ball winger.

Son is world class only at very specific things (getting in behind, finishing and finding killer passes when he has space) - Son is NOT a well rounded player - Play Son to take advantage of his world class skills and you’ll get good performances- Play Son in way that doesn’t suit his skills and he’s USELESS.

Son needs to go this summer because his skills are not suited to Ange ball and our manager isn’t going to adapt his system to get the best of of our players - course I’m not sure what attacking players are suited to Ange ball these days since it seems to consist mostly of passing the ball aimlessly around the edge of the area because other managers have figured out that Ange ball is useless against low blocks that clog the middle - No balls over the top when countering (so Son’s speed useless) - always short passes through the middle that allow opposing defenses to get set before we get a shot off. Also no shots from outside the area so another Son strength that is useless under Ange-ball.

I know! Let’s get 5 foot 6 and 63 kilogram (when dripping wet) Celtic striker Kyogo to N17! He scored 27 league goals in the SPFL as the No 9 for Ange last season! Let’s have a go with Kyogo mate!
Problem is that no one is creating for him. In the beginning of the season, Maddison was the one creating for Son and it was lethal. However, after Madds went down the creativity has gone down to 0 and Son is dropping deep trying to create for the wingers but the goal return from Werner and Johnson hasn't been great. We thought with Maddison's return all our problems would be solved... but that didn't work out either since his form has been awful.
Son needs a creator like Eriksen or Kane to give him opportunities to score. We know when Son gets a chance at goal he is lethal.

Problem is that no one is creating for him. In the beginning of the season, Maddison was the one creating for Son and it was lethal. However, after Madds went down the creativity has gone down to 0 and Son is dropping deep trying to create for the wingers but the goal return from Werner and Johnson hasn't been great. We thought with Maddison's return all our problems would be solved... but that didn't work out either since his form has been awful.
Son needs a creator like Eriksen or Kane to give him opportunities to score. We know when Son gets a chance at goal he is lethal.
I mean he still has 25 goal contributions in 30 matches in the Prem…0.83 G/A per match

Kane had 33 in 38 last season… 0.86 G/A per match

But one is perceived as god and other is perceived as no better than a squad player

I do agree however than we need to rebuild with younger attackers… players we can build on

I mean he still has 25 goal contributions in 30 matches in the Prem…0.83 G/A per match

Kane had 33 in 38 last season… 0.86 G/A per match

But one is perceived as god and other is perceived as no better than a squad player

I do agree however than we need to rebuild with younger attackers… players we can build on
Very isolated stats

Kane headed away 150 corners last season, Son is scared of any form of physical contact. You do acknowledge this right?

As you are acting like a 10 year old poring over EA24 stats and quoting a simplistic view to your pre pubescent schoolmates

Son has been dreadful. He’s a pussy and pathetic with a fucking awful first touch and a complete lack of fight / physicality

If you need some more detailed stats to quote to your dickheads at school, let me know

It’s not stick , he is a legend of the club but the reality is he is a pace reliant player who isn’t really a 9 nor is he a winger that suits what Ange wants. As Deuterz Deuterz said he is at the Salah point now (much better guy than Salah) where we have to be looking to replace him. It’s sad but he isn’t the future.

Its very different to Kane, at elite level players who aren’t pace reliant like Kane generally have significantly longer careers. Kane, Modric, Scholes are players that can go close to 40. Speedsters and hard working DM’s generally 30-33.
i like son very much and its hard to do it and hard to say , but i belive it would the right the decision to sell him in the summer if someone comes in 4 the right price.
best outcome would be son gets sold 4 a good price to a good team outside of england (and we all are upset and sad that he left)and someone from the youth players strikers step up and become the new son or kane(i would love that)
what i would hate is son stays with us till contract runs out and he will leave like Lloris(and everybody say finally he is gone )

Back
Top Bottom