Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will progress now the focus on Kane is gone, always it was the Kane and Son show, to the detriment of others. Son really projects as understanding how important the other players are, by consistently acknowledging their contributions and bringing them into the game. His captaincy/leadership is always reflecting this. Terrific player who really plays for the shirt, old school Spurs.

Sure but only 3 of those games he played #9 and 2 of them he moved into #9 mid game and changed the game
And that's the nail on the head for me.
Against Sheffield United he wasn't the sort of no.9 we need. They dropped so deep, and in so many numbers he was always unable to get in behind because there was no behind. His only hope was a wonder goal from 30 yards, which he has in the locker, but not that day. He was great against Burnley and Woolwich as neither of them defend deep or in numbers. I'd be inclined to switch it up again all the low block teams, even if it sacrifices Son tbh.

As I said, the perfect 9 in the Ange system.

Not many touches but works hard and puts away chances we create.

Not going to be suited to every game but he's going to score a fucking load this season.

As I said, the perfect 9 in the Ange system.

Not many touches but works hard and puts away chances we create.

Not going to be suited to every game but he's going to score a fucking load this season.
Yeah, couple of weeks ago I predicted him to score 20 goals this season if we keep playing him as a 9. The fucker might even score 20+ at this rate. :sonpoint:

And that's the nail on the head for me.
Against Sheffield United he wasn't the sort of no.9 we need. They dropped so deep, and in so many numbers he was always unable to get in behind because there was no behind. His only hope was a wonder goal from 30 yards, which he has in the locker, but not that day. He was great against Burnley and Woolwich as neither of them defend deep or in numbers. I'd be inclined to switch it up again all the low block teams, even if it sacrifices Son tbh.

He can still play off the left when we need Richy to play the #9.

Son is 31 and looked tired. We have to look after him. Don’t forget that he plays every minute for South Korea.

Our season relies on him staying fit, if he gets injured we are fucked.

Asian cup in January / February means he will miss a few games at least.
United, Brentford. FA Cup fourth round.
Maybe Everton and Brighton league games if South Korea do well.

Fully expect our FA cup team to be using squad players. Similar dates for AFCON.

Back
Top Bottom