Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone that says Son is the problem needs to get their head checked

He is quite literally playing with the worst attackers in the Prem

Taught Johnson and Kulu how to play out in the wing today

Johnson and Kulu are fucking shocking
one minute hes done as a winger, needs to play up front. then hes no good as a striker, needs to go on the wing.

hes done. he had a little joy at the end cos they are going down and need to gamble! before that hes easily contained because they can sit deep and crowd it out, he cant play in them games. not a good enough footballer.

He was better on the wing than anyone else but it's still not good enough.

We need to spend big on a top left winger this summer, no excuses.

Keep Son as a super sub for when games are stretched. I said previously he should start against the better teams because they play a higher line, but their defenders just bully him now.

He was better on the wing than anyone else but it's still not good enough.

We need to spend big on a top left winger this summer, no excuses.

Keep Son as a super sub for when games are stretched. I said previously he should start against the better teams because they play a higher line, but their defenders just bully him now.
Wtf are you talking about? He literally just created 5 chances and a couple were on a plate. Had a decent attacker been on the end of those chances, we would have won by several goals

Wtf are you talking about? He literally just created 5 chances and a couple were on a plate. Had a decent attacker been on the end of those chances, we would have won by several goals
I'd have to rewatch it, I was watching the game on my phone. I could see that we were better on the wing with him like I said, but we still need better in that position.

Yup look how Mateta has Oliseh and Eze playing around him, looks a different players now they are fit.

We do need another striker but people wanting Son to leave are speaking a bit prematurely.

Was again impressive after he was pushed out to left wing.. had his fullback on toast. Contrary to what people say he does fit this system as a left winger as he can beat his fullback easily.. the best at it in our team actually. Can go either way past his man. Genuinely feel that him on the left, richy in the middle and a fit Solomon on the right would be very effective in this system.

Just the wrong type of wingers for this system. Johnson works in a team that sits deep and counters. Kulu works in a possession based side that has constantly overlapping fullbacks

hazard, mahrez, grealish
GREALISH..

Spewing Tyler Perry GIF by Nickelodeon

Noob questions: He has been struggling a bit lately but production wise he is overall 5th in the PL in goals plus assists, tied for 7th in goals, and tied for 8th in assists. Does that make him elite or borderline elite as a PL player? And has he been considered one while kane was here?

He needs to stay on the left and run at players, not play with his back to goal.

I mean we only played Chelsea last week where he flat out refused to take on 19 year old Alfie Gilchrist.

There's so much revisionism around Son every week, his position changes depending on how bad he's done in the previous match, contrary to the popular opinion this week he isn't finished as a striker at all, that's where he's the most effective these days and that's where he can impact the game. I think the landscape totally changes when we have 2 capable and dangerous wingers either side of him as it will open more space for him.

That said I think he can still play as a winger in some matches, probably when we have an advantage in matches but his future is definitely as a ST.

Noob questions: He has been struggling a bit lately but production wise he is overall 5th in the PL in goals plus assists, tied for 7th in goals, and tied for 8th in assists. Does that make him elite or borderline elite as a PL player? And has he been considered one while kane was here?
Of course he has. Won the golden boot without taking penalties. Turned up in the big games including scoring 3 against City on our way to the CL final. Many would argue that his presence was more crucial to Spurs than Kane's as we were able to go further than ever when Kane was out injury and there are stats to back that up.

There were always certain fans preferring Kane and down talking Son as a result. Many of them are still here and it is largely the same posters who still do that even though Kane has left.

Mourinho said just a few days ago that Son can play in any team in the world. You would think he should be able to tell.

Back
Top Bottom