Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grand father time has caught up with him. Always been patchy but this isn't a bad patch anymore. He won't take a man on seems to have lost the ability to get power on a shot.

Spurs legend but needs to be sold or moved to the second string in the summer if we wanna progress simple as

Son getting the rough end of the stick when he is in the twilight of his career is a bit rich to stomach.

If 25 g/a in 31 games is shit, I'd love to know what qualifies as a pass for us?

Where are the goal contributions from Midfield? Romero has more goals than the lot of them bar Kulu.

Barking at the wrong tree.
No one says that he has too little goal contributions over course of a season.

If player plays like gold for half of the season and then just jogs around and hides from ball and opposition player in 2nd half is not a reliable player. Much less a captain.

Ok... here goes... rant I kept in with some real effort.

I went to the NLD in Sunday. Took most of the week off work. Travelled 2000 km. Put ~1/2 of my monthly salary to the trip and all the costs related to it.

And I went to the game. And you all know what I witnessed. But I can accept that shit happens in sports sometimes. I was on the end where no goals were scored, so behind Woolwich goal in 1st half. That allowed me to witness how we reacted to those three own-engeneered goals.

So what did I witness. I saw a supposed captain sulk and let his shoulders drop right after first goal. He just took the ball and sadly walked to center circle like a sad little 5yo who just saw his puppy ran over by a truck. Isolated from all of the teammates. No leadership. No firing up. No urging lads to fight. Absolutely nothing. TOTAL ZERO.

In a game of the season.
In a game that followed humiliating defeat.
In a game in which winning would have put us RIGHT BACK into top 4 fight, after Villa had lost points in previous evening.
In a game where winning would have SERIOUSLY decreased title chances of our archrivals.
In a PACKED HOMEGAME THAT WAS NORTH LONDON DERBY.

This is absolute fucking shit. It is unacceptable. It could be very definition of being a pathetic pussy, if putting it like this would not insult pussy. It was definition of cowerdly nothingness. Zero balls and absolute zero understanding what that game means.

It is OK if things do not come off and you fuck up. But giving up and sulking - it is absolute fucking disgrace. It is embarrasing, it is sad and it says everything our so called captain. Never seen more pussy of a captain in my life. But somehow no one even called him out after that. I don't get it. Is that where our standards are at?

Have you noticed that this season, we often played like shit in first half? And every time this happened, there was NO reaction and NO CHANGE from the pitch. If anything changed, it was AFTER HT BREAK. Because Son has 0% of leader in him. He is fairweather player. If everything works, he'll be there to finish off moves and then he shines. But if things go belly up, he vanishes. Nowhere to be seen. No impact absolute nothing.

Now roll up next game - against our 2nd archrival... and everything repeats. First half when he played LW, there were long periods when he was not even visible. Johnson on his wing at least tried and 70% of attacks went through there. While Son was marked out of the game by a noname youngster.

And that should be a CAPTAIN performance (or performances)???
Fish starts to rot from the head, and captain should be the head of the side. He really has shit the bed, not as an attacker but as a captain. Unacceptable.

Ok... here goes... rant I kept in with some real effort.

I went to the NLD in Sunday. Took most of the week off work. Travelled 2000 km. Put ~1/2 of my monthly salary to the trip and all the costs related to it.

And I went to the game. And you all know what I witnessed. But I can accept that shit happens in sports sometimes. I was on the end where no goals were scored, so behind Woolwich goal in 1st half. That allowed me to witness how we reacted to those three own-engeneered goals.

So what did I witness. I saw a supposed captain sulk and let his shoulders drop right after first goal. He just took the ball and sadly walked to center circle like a sad little 5yo who just saw his puppy ran over by a truck. Isolated from all of the teammates. No leadership. No firing up. No urging lads to fight. Absolutely nothing. TOTAL ZERO.

In a game of the season.
In a game that followed humiliating defeat.
In a game in which winning would have put us RIGHT BACK into top 4 fight, after Villa had lost points in previous evening.
In a game where winning would have SERIOUSLY decreased title chances of our archrivals.
In a PACKED HOMEGAME THAT WAS NORTH LONDON DERBY.

This is absolute fucking shit. It is unacceptable. It could be very definition of being a pathetic pussy, if putting it like this would not insult pussy. It was definition of cowerdly nothingness. Zero balls and absolute zero understanding what that game means.

It is OK if things do not come off and you fuck up. But giving up and sulking - it is absolute fucking disgrace. It is embarrasing, it is sad and it says everything our so called captain. Never seen more pussy of a captain in my life. But somehow no one even called him out after that. I don't get it. Is that where our standards are at?

Have you noticed that this season, we often played like shit in first half? And every time this happened, there was NO reaction and NO CHANGE from the pitch. If anything changed, it was AFTER HT BREAK. Because Son has 0% of leader in him. He is fairweather player. If everything works, he'll be there to finish off moves and then he shines. But if things go belly up, he vanishes. Nowhere to be seen. No impact absolute nothing.

Now roll up next game - against our 2nd archrival... and everything repeats. First half when he played LW, there were long periods when he was not even visible. Johnson on his wing at least tried and 70% of attacks went through there. While Son was marked out of the game by a noname youngster.

And that should be a CAPTAIN performance (or performances)???
Fish starts to rot from the head, and captain should be the head of the side. He really has shit the bed, not as an attacker but as a captain. Unacceptable.
Jesus Christ. Get over yourself. What a shitty, dull, tiresome wall of text. 0lease spare us next time you whining twat.

Grand father time has caught up with him. Always been patchy but this isn't a bad patch anymore. He won't take a man on seems to have lost the ability to get power on a shot.

Spurs legend but needs to be sold or moved to the second string in the summer if we wanna progress simple as
Ange ball has caught up with Son

Sentimentality which has allowed the likes of Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Davies, Lloris etc. remain at the club for far too long.

It starts from the club and filters down to the fans until it becomes normal to accept declining standards and "well isn't he a great guy".

He's a fucking weirdo PR machine who is controlled by his dad at 30 odd years old and never fingered a bird. Move on.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣the last paragraph has killed me and cheered me up so much this morning. Wonderful stuff

Son is very limited player - world class in the right system but otherwise …

Son is world class at

1. Running into space and finishing long balls over the top and through balls -

2. Curling long shots from outside the box into the top corner.

Neither of these are things under Ange-ball. So he’s USELESS for us. We should get rid since Ange isn’t going anywhere this summer.

Frankly not sure how he has 16 goals and 9 assists. He’s been completely useless recently now that Ange ball principles are now fully ingrained and other managers have adjusted to neutralize Ange-ball.
Whether it’s under Ange or any manager for that matter you can still get the ball out if your feet and have a hit. He doesn’t look to do that anymore. He’s weak as piss and there’s absolutely nothing positive about his game no matter where he plays.
Get this sentimental mentality to fuck and get rid. He’s only going to get worse and the worrying part is he’ll still be here for another couple of years. Bit part sub is a maximum for him now.

There was a debate on here the other day about Toney and not wanting him here,being 28 and not scored for a lot of games but I can guarantee you he would do all the things Sonny doesn’t do and his opponents will know they’ve been in a game.
A kid had an easy as fuck night against our captain which I can’t accept. Not once did he trouble him. Pathetic.

Whether it’s under Ange or any manager for that matter you can still get the ball out if your feet and have a hit. He doesn’t look to do that anymore. He’s weak as piss and there’s absolutely nothing positive about his game no matter where he plays.
Get this sentimental mentality to fuck and get rid. He’s only going to get worse and the worrying part is he’ll still be here for another couple of years. Bit part sub is a maximum for him now.

There was a debate on here the other day about Toney and not wanting him here,being 28 and not scored for a lot of games but I can guarantee you he would do all the things Sonny doesn’t do and his opponents will know they’ve been in a game.
A kid had an easy as fuck night against our captain which I can’t accept. Not once did he trouble him. Pathetic.
Agreed. Nice guy and a legend for us, but time to go, and a joke as captain. Romero is the only player worth the armband. One of SAF's many strengths was knowing when to move players on. Even before the rest of world realised why, and thought "WTF?". He was right almost every time. We need to quit our horrible sentimental loser's habits.

Agreed. Nice guy and a legend for us, but time to go, and a joke as captain. Romero is the only player worth the armband. One of SAF's many strengths was knowing when to move players on. Even before the rest of world realised why, and thought "WTF?". He was right almost every time. We need to quit our horrible sentimental loser's habits.
Romero or maybe even VDV because he speaks very good English and leads by example anyway.

I don't care that Son has the captains arm band or not it does not matter Leaders Lead whether they have it or not. If something is going wrong they stand up. Son has not stood up since he is back from the Aisian Cup instead he looks like a player going more and more into his shell. The same with pretty much our whole team.

he'll always be a quality finisher and I love the dude, but just like Mo Salah his all round game has dropped off a cliff . Quite alarming, i think its why he struggled in Conte's system last year as we were much much deeper

He just isn't what he once was. People have to come to terms with that if they haven't already. He will still score plenty of goals. Still have some great games. But he will also have more and more games where he struggles. Liverpool are seeing the same thing with Salah. Both have relied on pace to a large extent and once they no longer have that same acceleration it makes a considerable difference. He isn't someone to build the team around any longer, he can just be a part of a good side.

He just isn't what he once was. People have to come to terms with that if they haven't already. He will still score plenty of goals. Still have some great games. But he will also have more and more games where he struggles. Liverpool are seeing the same thing with Salah. Both have relied on pace to a large extent and once they no longer have that same acceleration it makes a considerable difference. He isn't someone to build the team around any longer, he can just be a part of a good side.
Klopp at least is bringing salad off the bench. This is the correct time for Ange to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom