Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shocker he’s being run into the ground by that clueless fraud Klinsmann.

I think Klinsman is shit and could have given Sonny a break in some dead rubber games; but honestly... You didn't expect Sonny to want to play every minute that matters? ......Nor the manager to play his talisman and captain for every minute that matters?

Last edited:
I really detest the response “what?” in an online forum setting. Are you that lazy that you can’t actually formulate a question? You couldn’t even be arsed to elaborate on what your question was, just asked “what?”

Why would you even post that?

Like literally, what’s the point? You can’t even put enough thought into actually writing words, you just said “what” with no elaboration.

I really detest the response “what?” in an online forum setting. Are you that lazy that you can’t actually formulate a question? You couldn’t even be arsed to elaborate on what your question was, just asked “what?”

Like literally, what’s the point? You can’t even put enough thought into actually writing words, you just said “what” with no elaboration.

dfd8dsy-7d4ce95b-13e1-43ee-a179-065d3c354f5c.gif

With respect sir.

Your assertation of a manager running his captain into the ground during the QF of an intl tournament definately needs claryfying because isn't it obvious why?

I think Klinsman is shit and could have given a break in some dead rubber games; but honestly... You didn't expect Sonny to want to play every minute that matters? ......Nor the manager to play his talisman and captain for every minute that matters?
I think Klinsmann failing to get them playing a decent level of football with the talent they have assembled, to the point where they need to get last gasp equalizers and play 240 minutes in 3 days should be called into question.

I’m not suggesting he “rotates” Son for a knockout match, that would be absurd, but he is running him into the ground with his poor tactics causing them to play extra time imo.

Son scored a free kick but rarely ever got a chance when the big headed HK was in the team. Is HK taking free kicks in Germany? Don't even need to watch the league to know the answer.

Did anyone see the son free kick goal? Korea had 2 players kneeling about 4 yards in front of the wall to obstruct the keepers vision.

Interesting strategy that other clubs might soon start to copy. Not a big fan of this though… seems like every club just finds new ways to bend the rules over and over

With respect sir.

Your assertation of a manager running his captain into the ground during the QF of an intl tournament definately needs claryfying because isn't it obvious why?

Klinsmann played Son fulltime against Malaysia during the last group stage match for 0 reasons when Korea was already qualified to advance. There was 0 reasons to risk him getting another yellow card to miss the next match + increase his fatigue even more.

Klinsmann played Son fulltime against Malaysia during the last group stage match for 0 reasons when Korea was already qualified to advance. There was 0 reasons to risk him getting another yellow card to miss the next match + increase his fatigue even more.

They had a chance to finish top of the group so why would you drop your captain, that doesn't make sense?

Even so playing him today is like asking Southgate to rest Kane in a Euro QF match, it's just not going to happen.

They had a chance to finish top of the group so why would you drop your captain, that doesn't make sense?

Even so playing him today is like asking Southgate to rest Kane in a Euro QF match, it's just not going to happen.
Why is Klinsmann getting it in the neck for playing his best player,captain and nation’s hero? Sonny will want to play every minute too!
This is a massive deal to South Korea,Sonny and Klinsmann.
You don’t fucking not play your best player!! Anybody thinking otherwise is clueless. As said before the tournament for them is nothing to do with Tottenham and they won’t give us a second thought. They are there to win it.
Would Portugal leave out Ronaldo in his pomp?
Didn’t see Argentina leave Messi out in the World Cup and he played nearly every minute of it.
Kane will never get rested for England.

Why is Klinsmann getting it in the neck for playing his best player,captain and nation’s hero? Sonny will want to play every minute too!
This is a massive deal to South Korea,Sonny and Klinsmann.
You don’t fucking not play your best player!! Anybody thinking otherwise is clueless. As said before the tournament for them is nothing to do with Tottenham and they won’t give us a second thought. They are there to win it.
Would Portugal leave out Ronaldo in his pomp?
Didn’t see Argentina leave Messi out in the World Cup and he played nearly every minute of it.
Kane will never get rested for England.

Why not?

May as well have a moan up about something

Who says Son was supposed to be rested today? I am talking about the group stage here. Every single team who got already qualified to advance during the group stage rotated most of their starting players. If you cant even tell why that's needed, esp when Korea had so many yellow cards already, ok.

Who says Son was supposed to be rested today? I am talking about the group stage here. Every single team who got already qualified to advance during the group stage rotated most of their starting players. If you cant even tell why that's needed, esp when Korea had so many yellow cards already, ok.

Read what I said again, particularly the 1st paragraph...

Read what I said again, particularly the 1st paragraph...

Finishing as the top had 0 advantages other than more rest days. Risking losing any of the players with yellow cards by starting them all and give 0 rest to them are not worth it at all. Its a fking common sense to rotate when you are qualified to advance in all different kinds of tournaments.

Finishing as the top had 0 advantages other than more rest days. Risking losing any of the players with yellow cards by starting them all and give 0 rest to them are not worth it at all. Its a fking common sense to rotate when you are qualified to advance in all different kinds of tournaments.

Finishing top of your group has no advantages apart from getting an easier draw in the next round, you're right :confused:

You tell Argies to drop Messi for group matches in the C.A
Or England to drop Kane for group matches in the Euros
Or Croatia to drop Modric

etc...It's unheard of.

Finishing top of your group has no advantages apart from getting an easier draw in the next round, you're right :confused:

You tell Argies to drop Messi for group matches in the C.A
Or England to drop Kane for group matches in the Euros
Or Croatia to drop Modric

etc...It's unheard of.

lol? You just proved your ignorance. Finishing top of the group would've caused Korea to go against Japan and then Iran. It was already decided even before the match.

You keep changing my words around.
if messi/ronaldo/kane had a yellow card and there was a risk of losing them from overbooking and if their teams already got qualified to advance, sane managers would rest/sub them out early, not playing them fulltime unless there is a clear advantage of finishing as top of the group.

And, again, Korea had no advantages of finishing as top of the group other than more rest days. Also, Korea had 6 yellow cards already even before the match against Malaysia. Klinsmann did not rotate at all and started 4 of them + started all of the best 11 players.

Klinsmann knew he would get a lot of criticisms for losing against Malaysia. That's the only fking reason he did not rotate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom