Have we signed Frank de Boer yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whats the score, Frank de Boer?

• Total voters
Personally I think we need to try and find 'the next' Capello/LVG level manager.

It's a good point, and largely what Tottenham is about right now, we can't go and bring in the best with either money or reputation so we have to get things that might be the next best thing. Unfortunately when we get it right someone takes those things away from us.

We have a better, mate

SHERWOOD-ADEBAYOR_1953532a.jpg

Why did you photoshop Chris Ramsey into that picture?

It's a good point, and largely what Tottenham is about right now, we can't go and bring in the best with either money or reputation so we have to get things that might be the next best thing. Unfortunately when we get it right someone takes those things away from us.

What we really need is a Utd like "Golden generation" of manager and 4 or 5 players all hitting peak together. That could elevate the club past having to sell on the quality...

What we really need is a Utd like "Golden generation" of manager and 4 or 5 players all hitting peak together. That could elevate the club past having to sell on the quality...

Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho, Holtby, Paulinho, Jan, Lloris...

We've got the ingredients, we just need a chef.

The bloke at Chelsea played football. His dad was also coach.

Dad was also a professional player first. Football knowledge runs through that mans veins. AVB was just a smart kid with a notebook that pointed out a few things of interest about the opponent.

The bloke at Chelsea played football. His dad was also coach.

Not to any significant level. He dropped out to get into coaching and education, in the eyes of professionals and pundits he'd be seen as a technocrat in the same vein as AVB.

And Sacchi, one of the greatest coaches ever, didn't. It may help, but it's not a pre-requisite. If playing professionally is a factor in understanding football, let's all log-out.

The guy has a reputation for playing sexy football, and his Ajax side has routinely upset powerhouse sides in the CL season after season.

Good enough for me, and that's before figuring his relationship with Eriksen and Vertonghen.
What 'powerhouses' have they upset in Europe?

What relationship does he have with players and do you think Dan or Eriksen would give a fuck when Real Madrid offer 60m?

What relationship does he have with players and do you think Dan or Eriksen would give a fuck when Real Madrid offer 60m?

They beat Man City 3-1 home and drew 2-2 away last season. I do think a player like Eriksen (who has previously turned down big money moves) would be interested and even Jan could be swayed by the opportunity of working under a manager he believes could bring him CL...

They beat Man City 3-1 home and drew 2-2 away last season. I do think a player like Eriksen (who has previously turned down big money moves) would be interested and even Jan could be swayed by the opportunity of working under a manager he believes could bring him CL...
Bale and Modric had those managers, mate - didn't stop them. Sorry, for me these kind of 'special relationships' mean very little players when the big clubs come knocking and are largely romantiscied by fans, if anyting

I don't know about the powerhouses upsetting bit and the Real Madrid scenario is true, but I think having a manager who Verts and Eriksen are familiar with can only be a plus.

Manchester City, Barcelona, and AC Milan the year we knocked them out.

Bale and Modric had those managers, mate - didn't stop them. Sorry, for me these kind of 'special relationships' mean very little players when the big clubs come knocking and are largely romantiscied by fans, if anyting

Not to take anything away from Eriksen or Jan - but Bale and Modric were certainly more proven than Eriksen when they left and judging from last night's CL victory, Real aint looking for center-halves...

Also, Bale did stay a season under AVB and didn't get CL - so he left for his boyhood dream club...

Eriksen has done more than enough to prove he'll adhere to his professed "plan." The rest of them, sure say what you will. But Eriksen deserves more than to be lumped in with such a lot.

AVB had Falcao, Hulk, Moutinho, etc.
FDB had a team of youth players and constantly lost his stars.
At the time of those 'big' wins he had Verts, Eriksen, etc

Look - I think the similarities are striking but more so, the most important question for me remains - is Levy willing to give another young manager a chance to build a project seeing what happened with AVB? Why would it be any different is results turn sticky for a few weeks?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom