Have we played the most games of Prem teams?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we have, and it's massive credit to our players and Poch that we're still fighting on all fronts. (Top 4 and Cups).

I think we may well have to gamble though and play a 'shadow side' at Burnley in the FA Cup, because otherwise our schedule is likely to overwhelm us. Of course that 'shadow side' can be full of internationals and experienced players, Ade, Paulinho, Vorm, Kaboul, Lennon, Capoue, Naughton, Vlad, etc.

Burnley will be concentrating on the Prem, so we could well beat them anyway.

But if we go out it gives us some breathing space with all the other massive games coming up in January and February.

I'm very much a 'I want silverware' person, but in order to get that, we might have to sacrifice one of the three Cup competitions. Hopefully not, as we might get past the 3rd and 4th rounds with weakened teams. Then with the League Cup out of the way, (the final is a one off and we're scheduled to play a Lge game then anyway, so that doesn't add extra to us in the short term), we can go full tilt at the FA Cup then.

Mike-Ditka-Sleeping-GIF.gif

Yeah you may be right about the FA Cup, we might have to risk it a bit in the earlier rounds otherwise we might be pushing our players too far, but I'll leave that up to Poch too decide.

Yeah you may be right about the FA Cup, we might have to risk it a bit in the earlier rounds otherwise we might be pushing our players too far, but I'll leave that up to Poch too decide.
Yep, it's gonna be a tricky one. I doubt Poch has ever faced such an intense fixture list as a manager before.

Of course, it's his choice, but I think something's gotta give one way or another. But as I say the sort of team we can put out against Burnley without playing any of the team that started v Chelsea, would still have a good chance of beating what I suspect will be a weakened Burnley team. For them the priority is surely fighting relegation.

Yep, it's gonna be a tricky one. I doubt Poch has ever faced such an intense fixture list as a manager before.

Of course, it's his choice, but I think something's gotta give one way or another. But as I say the sort of team we can put out against Burnley without playing any of the team that started v Chelsea, would still have a good chance of beating what I suspect will be a weakened Burnley team. For them the priority is surely fighting relegation.
We'll just have to see. But with the FA Cup coming when the transfer window is shutting, we may see it used by Pochettino as a route to bedding in new signings and giving our youth players a chance at a higher level. And if they can win a few games and take us towards that Final as well, so much the better.

Is there any way to tell when he's blocked you? I don't know that I am, but curiously he never replies to anything I say to him...
HI Wiki B, yes I did have you on ignore, but have no idea why. Happy to give it another go if you want.

Especially on my own threads I often check out 'ignored content'.

To me the key thing about putting people on ignore is to remind me not to get involved in debates with people I've put on there. As usually it means they've been rude to me or Spurs players (particularly Dawson :thumbup:), and quite often if I keep arguing with said people it's going to clog up threads with unnecessary ego clashes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom