Has Tottenham ever got you through some tough times?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham (football and sport in general) is infinite hope. I have suffered severe anxiety and depression before. Often I get down about how time is forever moving forwards and each moment is decaying away. Tottenham is a permanent in my life. Its a permanent source of love and devotion as pathetic as that sounds. Even though its usually heartbreak I find myself always clinging to the sliver of hope that we will top the scum or qualify for champs league and I will have infinite joy. Its a beautiful thing.

for anyone interested, i just broke up with my girlfreind, little thread update
I'm sorry man, its never easy. I was in a relationship that ended a few months ago that would be constantly changing. We dated 2 years, then broke up for a year, dated, broke up. We have a connection that I've never felt with anyone else and everything is perfect when we're together. I'm sure that we'd still be together if I'd just decided to go to school with her instead of going halfway across America for college back a few years ago. The distance just kills us every time. I think we're done for good this time but I've thought that probably 3 or 4 times before so I'll never know. That's what makes it so hard to move on.

There's no doubt Spurs have helped me get through the hard times though. With all of the ups and downs that only this club can give its fans, its taught me to appreciate the good times and to never get too down on the bad times, they eventually get better. I've only been a fan of Spurs for 3 or 4 years now but its been a constant in my life ever since and I'm sure that it always will be now.

This isn't as serious as some of the other stories on here but over a year ago we were playing at West Ham. I had to miss most of the game because of my organic chemistry lab but I was following it on my phone. I was walking home from lab after completely fucking up the experiment. I was already struggling with the first few labs so I was pretty down. I got back to my dorm around the 85th minute, just in time for Bale to smash the winner into the corner from 30 yards out then running over and hugging AVB. I was so happy and completely forgot about whatever else was bothering me for the time. Moments like that are why I've fallen in love with this sport and team.

Last edited:
I'm sorry man, its never easy. I was in a relationship that ended a few months ago that would be constantly changing. We dated 2 years, then broke up for a year, dated, broke up. We have a connection that I've never felt with anyone else and everything is perfect when we're together. I'm sure that we'd still be together if I'd just decided to go to school with her instead of going halfway across America for college back a few years ago. The distance just kills us every time. I think we're done for good this time but I've thought that probably 3 or 4 times before so I'll never know. That's what makes it so hard to move on.

There's no doubt Spurs have helped me get through the hard times though. With all of the ups and downs that only this club can give its fans, its taught me to appreciate the good times and to never get too down on the bad times, they eventually get better. I've only been a fan of Spurs for 3 or 4 years now but its been a constant in my life ever since and I'm sure that it always will be now.

This isn't as serious as some of the other stories on here but over a year ago we were playing at West Ham. I had to miss most of the game because of my organic chemistry lab but I was following it on my phone. I was walking home from lab after completely fucking up the experiment. I was already struggling with the first few labs so I was pretty down. I got back to my dorm around the 85th minute, just in time for Bale to smash the winner into the corner from 30 yards out then running over and hugging AVB. I was so happy and completely forgot about whatever else was bothering me for the time. Moments like that are why I've fallen in love with this sport and team.

we've been together for 2 years and were freinds before that and we're 'seeing each other' for about 5 months before we got together, its hurts. oh well, i got to move on, and that bale moment always makes me happy whenever i see it, also the bale and lennon goals vs the scum are tops in my mind, plus crouchy's winner against man city, lennons goal in the san siro, so many great memories tbh!!!

Yeh, a friend of mine committed suicide a few months ago, found myself on this forum a lot more discussing transfers, like Alcohol it takes your mind of things.

Last edited:
we've been together for 2 years and were freinds before that and we're 'seeing each other' for about 5 months before we got together, its hurts. oh well, i got to move on, and that bale moment always makes me happy whenever i see it, also the bale and lennon goals vs the scum are tops in my mind, plus crouchy's winner against man city, lennons goal in the san siro, so many great memories tbh!!!
does she like old men, or have any daddy issues?

Back
Top Bottom