Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That game should guarantee starts in Russia next year.

Mature beyond his years. 94% pass completion against the best midfield in world football. Ridiculous.

Once again we have found a gem right in front of us to provide something we desperately need and for whatever reason can't buy in the transfer window. I always knew he was special but the trust that Poch has in him, the responsibility being put on his young shoulders and they way he is responding to that is just incredible. I think him and Wanyama could be our main CM partnership going forward.

I think his first half performance was weak but he came into the second more mobile with higher tempo and urgency. I’m sure he’ll remember this night when he sits down with the grandkids

Once again we have found a gem right in front of us to provide something we desperately need and for whatever reason can't buy in the transfer window. I always knew he was special but the trust that Poch has in him, the responsibility being put on his young shoulders and they way he is responding to that is just incredible. I think him and Wanyama could be our main CM partnership going forward.

Yeah, Winks and Wanyama seems like the perfect balance of attributes.

Yeah, Winks and Wanyama seems like the perfect balance of attributes.

...And how exactly do you explain being benched to Dier right now?

With the options we have and the amount of games (+ form and fitness) its just about finding the right blend for the occasion... The flexibility we have in our back 5 + 2 is insane!

Harry Winks held his own against Luka Modric and Toni Kroos for 90 minutes at the Bernebau.

The kid basically walked on water.

Maybe in another 3 seasons fans of other clubs will grudgingly admit that they can understand why he's the best midfielder in England.

I think his first half performance was weak but he came into the second more mobile with higher tempo and urgency. I’m sure he’ll remember this night when he sits down with the grandkids

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't his first half passing % higher than everyone other than Kroos?

So excited to see how he continues to develop. Seems like he could be more Iniesta than Xavi but either would be fine with me.

Fantastic performance, I was willing the ball to go to him in the second half, so he could control the tempo, madness!

They were all amazing though, but for a young lad, wow

Definitely grew into the match and ended up out passing Modric in both halves.
To be fair the majority of his passes were side-ways layoffs - Modric was sublime was last night, suggesting Winks was the better player based on passing completion is ridiculous, imv

So excited to see how he continues to develop. Seems like he could be more Iniesta than Xavi but either would be fine with me.
I think he's gonna be another Ryan Mason / Tom Carroll sold to WBA for massive profit 2 years from now - sorry not buying into the hype. Tidy little player but that's about it

Last edited:
I think he's gonna be another Ryan Mason / Tom Carroll sold to WBA for massive profit 2 years from now - sorry not buying until the hype. Tidy little player but that's about it
Read what Poch said about him only the other day, this guy has in less than a year raised himself to every higher level every time the bar has been raised. "The Perfect Midfielder..."

Back
Top Bottom