Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if he's happy on 100k I hope we do soon raise it substantially once into the new stadium. It's not fair to expect Kane to be the one lad in the world setting an example whilst dross worldwide are earning more. I would also hate for him to look back on his time here with regret, feeling naivety.

It would be wrong to take advantage of his loyalty and whilst the article is most likely bullshit the theory isn't farfetched and there is a likelihood of it occuring at some point.

Levy is a smart man though and can see that the club is in a fantastic position so I'm confident he will find a way to do what is necessary.

Bayern's player of the season last season and paramount to everything they do. He was utterly incredible and has started this season in similar form. With Modric the best CM in the world currently. His ratings on whoscored are stupid.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/74939/History/Thiago-Alcántara

8.3 for an entire League campaign. He's one of the best.

quoting who scored like you just unearthed the fucking Dead Sea Scrolls....
Calm yourself, Tiago's a good player but above a player that has won the Euros, the CL and the La Liga title in the last 14 months....professional wind up merchant.

Calm yourself, Tiago's a good player but above a player that has won the Euros, the CL and the La Liga title in the last 14 months....professional wind up merchant.
We aren't talking about the most successful players in the world. We're talking about the best players. Thiago is one of them. The WhoScored reference is just something to go by and their scoring system is pretty good. I only used it as a portrayal of just how good he has been these last 18 months. Ronaldo is still great no doubt, but anyone can see he's not the all round machine of old and his influence, outside of goalscoring, at Madrid is waning. He's still a ruthless finisher. There's a reason we're now seeing the likes of Asensio and Isco thrive, because Ronaldo isn't the guy of old and doing everything. He should be commended for adapting so incredibly with age. Going from a nippy winger to a perfect inside forward superstar to now a ruthless smart striker. I don't get why you're offended.

Never understood why people attribute team trophies to a players skillset. We're talking about individuals. Djimi Traore won a CL, Ledley King didn't. Simone Baroni won a World Cup, Jaap Stam didn't.

Anyway, Harry Kane is one of the best players in the world, let alone world class. Which is the point.

Last edited:
We aren't talking about the most successful players in the world. We're talking about the best players. Thiago is one of them. The WhoScored reference is just something to go by and their scoring system is pretty good. I only used it as a portrayal of just how good he has been these last 18 months. Ronaldo is still great no doubt, but anyone can see he's not the all round machine of old and his influence, outside of goalscoring, at Madrid is waning. He's still a ruthless finisher. There's a reason we're now seeing the likes of Asensio and Isco thrive, because Ronaldo isn't the guy of old and doing everything. He should be commended for adapting so incredibly with age. Going from a nippy winger to a perfect inside forward superstar to now a ruthless smart striker. I don't get why you're offended.

Never understood why people attribute team trophies to a players skillset. We're talking about individuals. Djimi Traore won a CL, Ledley King didn't. Simone Baroni won a World Cup, Jaap Stam didn't.

Anyway, Harry Kane is one of the best players in the world, let alone world class. Which is the point.

Ronaldo wasn't merely a cog in the wheel, without him, I'd go out on a limb and say Portugal and Madrid would not have one those titles.
Your point re Kane is valid though but anyone whose list includes Tiago above Ronaldo has to be prepared for its ridiculousness to reflect on its veracity.

Thiago is quality, mate but I agree - Ronaldo deserves to be well above on that list - he practically won every trophy and individual award last season and rightly so

I love Harry too. Let's enjoy him whilst he's with the club, whether that's short term or the rest of his career.

Everyone else is simply jealous. He's the best British youth team product since Scholes probably. Fuck their opinions on world class, I'll take the goals every time.

Back
Top Bottom