Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

JtyDzdl.jpg
Don't just like but absolutely luuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrvvvvvvvvveeeeeee this - thanks

Surely this poll can only take place after Kane's career is concluded?

Unless the question states is Kane better at 21 than Teddy was - in which case - yes, I think so

Silly

Glenn Hoddle believes Tottenham striker Harry Kane is similar to Teddy Sheringham - but has that extra bit of quality to make him one of England's best.
What's your opinion on this Spurs fans?
This was from an article posted on Glenn's new site Zapsportz

Really? That's tremendous insight.
Tell us more about this Zapsportz thingy.
Is it like a website with sports newsor something?

Thanks so much for signing up specifically to tell us about it. The world needs more selfless folk like yourself.

Last edited:
He has more in his locker than Teddy, Kane has intelligence, left/right foot, good header, very strong on the ball, somehow getting quicker and his shots are powerful as well as accurate.

It very early days but the different aspects to his game I would predict long term he will be better than Sheringham and going out on a limb and probably going to get criticism I think he may equal or even surpass Bale over the coming seasons if he avoids injury and continues to develop.

My feelings for this are not simply that he is great at 21 but like Scholes, Sheringham etc. his football brain is insanely good, his decision making is nothing like you would expect from a 21 year old, in this aspect I think he is more naturally talented than Bale and like Bale he seems driven to get better, obviously he will never be the athlete Bale is.

I do think we have a special player on our hands but I hope we don't simply do what happened under AVB with Bale and leave it all up to Kane every game, we cannot become a one man team again.

He has more in his locker than Teddy, Kane has intelligence, left/right foot, good header, very strong on the ball, somehow getting quicker and his shots are powerful as well as accurate.

It very early days but the different aspects to his game I would predict long term he will be better than Sheringham and going out on a limb and probably going to get criticism I think he may equal or even surpass Bale over the coming seasons if he avoids injury and continues to develop.

My feelings for this are not simply that he is great at 21 but like Scholes, Sheringham etc. his football brain is insanely good, his decision making is nothing like you would expect from a 21 year old, in this aspect I think he is more naturally talented than Bale and like Bale he seems driven to get better, obviously he will never be the athlete Bale is.

I do think we have a special player on our hands but I hope we don't simply do what happened under AVB with Bale and leave it all up to Kane every game, we cannot become a one man team again.
You're a glass half-full kinda guy aren't you?

You're a glass half-full kinda guy aren't you?

Don't see what wrong with that assesment, I really believe we have found a great player just worry we will do a Spurs and hope one man does everything like we have done in the past with players and that's not just Bale. He's only 21, a few year time he could hit 30-40 goals a season, hopefully still with us.

Don't see what wrong with that assesment, I really believe we have found a great player just worry we will do a Spurs and hope one man does everything like we have done in the past with players and that's not just Bale. He's only 21, a few year time he could hit 30-40 goals a season, hopefully still with us.
It's your opinion, so no-one can say it's wrong, but I just noted that you err on the side of optimism.

i wish I could be more that way inclined, but Spurs have a habit of ripping any positive thoughts away.

It's your opinion, so no-one can say it's wrong, but I just noted that you err on the side of optimism.

i wish I could be more that way inclined, but Spurs have a habit of ripping any positive thoughts away.

Fair enough, as a team we certainly can disapoint but we have produced or had many great players even in recent years such as Modric, Bale, King etc.

My optimism with Kane is that firstly he is such a rounded player in terms of feet, heading, strength, now pace to some degree, shooting, work rate but mainly that his movement/intelligence is special something very few player have and something that seperates top players from just good players.

He's also special because he's so good defensively. It really sets him apart from other strikers out there as that kind of work rate and effort give us a big advantage when you look at the defensive contributions of most strikers.

I think Bale may sell more video games and shirts, but Kane is actually a much better player because of the range of his game.

He's also special because he's so good defensively. It really sets him apart from other strikers out there as that kind of work rate and effort give us a big advantage when you look at the defensive contributions of most strikers.

I think Bale may sell more video games and shirts, but Kane is actually a much better player because of the range of his game.

Not as good as bale yet because bale has more experience but yes defiantly a more rounded game and the potential is there to be anything he wants to be, it is his movement/intelligence that is the key for me as well as the work rate.

I'm not even going to open the link, because its going to compare the win ratio and scoring record of Gareth Bale the left back, and Harry Kane the striker.

Fair play if it works for you though.

I'm not even going to open the link, because its going to compare the win ratio and scoring record of Gareth Bale the left back, and Harry Kane the striker.

Fair play if it works for you though.
No, it actually compares Gareth Bale's last year at Spurs, when he was a striker, to Kane's current year. So, when Gareth was two years older than Harry. In the same role. And Kane is putting out the same kind of offensive numbers. But yeah, the club is shit and Harry's no good. Don't let me get in the way of your narrative.

Back
Top Bottom