Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the Fukc does he know? He FO from Utd thinking he was a world superstar football player . He failed miserably as a football player and only exists as a superstar by using his wealth to keep his non entity profile in the limelight.
I saw the interview, it was a passing comment on some sort of catwalk after someone asked him. He was actually pretty reserved about Kane but you know the media full hype drive. All he said was if your good enough your old to play for England. Don't take it out on Becks

When I was a kid I had many friends that were obsessed with the Chicago Bulls. The majority of them went on to be die hard Celtics fans. When you're a kid peer pressure is a bitch. A picture of someone that might not be him at all means fuck all. Kane is one of our own cause he's been with the club for 11 years.

As form this moment, we need to dismiss (although we all adore hearing it) comments comparing him to past great players as Shearer, Sherringham etc...He is Harry Kane and playing like Harry Kane. Whatever he does its his own style. I feel he has adapted his game for the style we play as a team. The structure seems to give him a lot of freedom and he embraces it. Lets ignore all the distractions and get on with winning games and enjoying it all. it all feels less fragile than with AVB when we were in this position before so theres hope ...IMO..... COYS

What the Fukc does he know? He FO from Utd thinking he was a world superstar football player . He failed miserably as a football player and only exists as a superstar by using his wealth to keep his non entity profile in the limelight.

I do have to ask you what the FUCK you are talking about re the bolded bit.

WTF drugs you taking?

1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

Not being a fan doesn't mean you can just completely write off someone's achievements though.

At no stage in his career did he fail miserably as a footballer...
He never achieved the football excellence that was expected from him post Utd. He had played his best football at Utd, as part of an excellent team.
Im focusing on his ability to play football, not silverware.
Paul Gascoigne was a better player by miles but achieved a lot less silverware. Gascoigne was the best player at the 1990 WC, DB for me never achieved this level of football ability.

This is a thread for HK and I know I brought it up so I apologise for that.

Not as much RED as Kane was in 2004!

Fucking Daily Fail!!!!
Tottenham hero Harry Kane pictured celebrating Woolwich's Invincibles Premier League title win as a 10-year-old in 2004
By HAMISH MACKUNT FOR FAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:27, 8 February 2015 | UPDATED: 17:48, 8 February 2015
Less than 24 hours after Harry Kane scored a match-winning brace for Tottenham in the north London derby, a photo has emerged of him celebrating Woolwich's Invincibles Premier League title win in 2004.

It is the second picture to have arisen of Kane in an Woolwich shirt, the other showed him in a team photo as a eight-year-old playing for the Gunners' youth team.

Kane, who has scored 22 goals for Spurs in all competitions this season, explained the incident last time by saying he only did it because he had to and had always been a Tottenham fan in reality.
2577C57D00000578-2944794-image-m-105_1423412921173.jpg
Harry Kane (left) celebrating the Woolwich Invincibles' Premier league title win in 2004
2578196B00000578-2944794-image-m-112_1423413064662.jpg
Kane, bottom left (no shit?), in an Woolwich kit during his days in their youth team, before he moved to Tottenham

2570249100000578-2944794-image-m-90_1423412526486.jpg

Kane celebrates scoring his first goal against Woolwich during Saturday's north London derby

'I wanted to wear a Tottenham kit but I don't think that would've gone down to well,' said Kane.
'I was eight-years-old. I was at Woolwich for a year and obviously I was a kid, I just wanted to play football.
'I've been at Spurs since I was 11-years-old, always loved the club. I've been here 10 years and hopefully many more years to come.'

Kane, who would have been two months shy of his 11th birthday at the time, can be seen at the parade celebrating the Invincibles' remarkable success in 2004.
And his dyed red hair, in the style of former Woolwich star Freddie Ljungberg, is sure to annoy Tottenham fans who chant that Kane is 'one of their own'.

But for some Tottenham fans this latest revelation may just take the edge off their glee.

IMHO, all that is wrong with Football journalism (especially in the Mail) always trying to stir things up and burst the bubble of joy... "A photo has emerged" .... he wasn't caught fucking smoking a sheesh out of a Prostitute's crack... anyway, he was 11 years fucking old... how has that taken another 11 years to 'emerge'??
He's already said how much he loves Spurs, (in the same fucking 'article') ...and that he was 'only playing for them' when he was 11, not actually a fan... hardly got a Cannon tattoo on his arm, has he?
But noooo, the Mail won't worry about that... they're too busy trying (but failing miserably!) to take the gloss of an amazing weekend... well fuck you Daily Fail...

HE IS ONE OF OUR OWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN!
I hate it when jobsworth Gooners pretending to be journalists spout shit about our team or players or try to turn players heads. However, I feel that Harry is more loyal than Modders/Bales/Berbatoss etc and will be here for years - he better f==king be or else I won't win my bet, against my boss, whos a bloody Gooner.

However, I feel that Harry is more loyal than Modders/Bales/Berbatoss etc and will be here for years - he better f==king be or else I won't win my bet, against my boss, whos a bloody Gooner.
Gotta love the progression of gooners' attitude towards Kane. It was discussed on Wheeler Dealer Radio this week (which can make me want to punch my ipod at times, but I'm a masochist so whatever), and I must say that I agree.
Pretty sure that 'your player is so good that Real Madrid will want to buy him' doesn't really cut the mustard as an insult. Reminds me of their desperate use of stats to try and prove Walcott was better than Bale.

When your best player is a cast off with no particular loyalty to your club (Sanchez) who single handedly keeps your team ticking over and is almost guaranteed to fuck off somewhere better regardless of getting CL or not, I can only imagine how depressing watching the rise of Kane must be.

He never achieved the football excellence that was expected from him post Utd. He had played his best football at Utd, as part of an excellent team.
Im focusing on his ability to play football, not silverware.
Paul Gascoigne was a better player by miles but achieved a lot less silverware. Gascoigne was the best player at the 1990 WC, DB for me never achieved this level of football ability.

This is a thread for HK and I know I brought it up so I apologise for that.

'cos Gazza was a self-destructive time bomb waiting to happen!
...whisper it in hushed terms, but there's still them's there that say if Gazza had Ferguson as his manager in 1991 (at Utd) and not Venables, he may well have gone on to even greater things!

Not as much RED as Kane was in 2004!

Fucking Daily Fail!!!!
Tottenham hero Harry Kane pictured celebrating Woolwich's Invincibles Premier League title win as a 10-year-old in 2004
By HAMISH MACKUNT FOR FAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:27, 8 February 2015 | UPDATED: 17:48, 8 February 2015
Less than 24 hours after Harry Kane scored a match-winning brace for Tottenham in the north London derby, a photo has emerged of him celebrating Woolwich's Invincibles Premier League title win in 2004.

It is the second picture to have arisen of Kane in an Woolwich shirt, the other showed him in a team photo as a eight-year-old playing for the Gunners' youth team.

Kane, who has scored 22 goals for Spurs in all competitions this season, explained the incident last time by saying he only did it because he had to and had always been a Tottenham fan in reality.
2577C57D00000578-2944794-image-m-105_1423412921173.jpg
Harry Kane (left) celebrating the Woolwich Invincibles' Premier league title win in 2004
2578196B00000578-2944794-image-m-112_1423413064662.jpg
Kane, bottom left (no shit?), in an Woolwich kit during his days in their youth team, before he moved to Tottenham

2570249100000578-2944794-image-m-90_1423412526486.jpg

Kane celebrates scoring his first goal against Woolwich during Saturday's north London derby

'I wanted to wear a Tottenham kit but I don't think that would've gone down to well,' said Kane.
'I was eight-years-old. I was at Woolwich for a year and obviously I was a kid, I just wanted to play football.
'I've been at Spurs since I was 11-years-old, always loved the club. I've been here 10 years and hopefully many more years to come.'

Kane, who would have been two months shy of his 11th birthday at the time, can be seen at the parade celebrating the Invincibles' remarkable success in 2004.
And his dyed red hair, in the style of former Woolwich star Freddie Ljungberg, is sure to annoy Tottenham fans who chant that Kane is 'one of their own'.

But for some Tottenham fans this latest revelation may just take the edge off their glee.

IMHO, all that is wrong with Football journalism (especially in the Mail) always trying to stir things up and burst the bubble of joy... "A photo has emerged" .... he wasn't caught fucking smoking a sheesh out of a Prostitute's crack... anyway, he was 11 years fucking old... how has that taken another 11 years to 'emerge'??
He's already said how much he loves Spurs, (in the same fucking 'article') ...and that he was 'only playing for them' when he was 11, not actually a fan... hardly got a Cannon tattoo on his arm, has he?
But noooo, the Mail won't worry about that... they're too busy trying (but failing miserably!) to take the gloss of an amazing weekend... well fuck you Daily Fail...

HE IS ONE OF OUR OWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN!
This image looks doctored to me. Very convienient that in the background we have the date on a guy's shirt. Would be very easy to take these two images and overlay Kane and his mate over that othe image. The big giveaway is the cursor arrow bottom right, on the neck of the kid in yellow.

Anyway, even if it were true, it would only INCREASE my glee knowing that Woolwich had this world class talent but let him go/Kane decided they weren't good enough for him. They missed out on him, how funny is that?

This image looks doctored to me. Very convienient that in the background we have the date on a guy's shirt. Would be very easy to take these two images and overlay Kane and his mate over that othe image. The big giveaway is the cursor arrow bottom right, on the neck of the kid in yellow.

Also, the people behind them are in full sunlight yet Kane and his mate are underexposed, as if the picture was taken in the shade.

Back
Top Bottom