Happy Birthday Edgar Davids

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he still bosses the midfield at Barnet, even with every league 2 clogger trying to kick him up in the air. They generally don't get near him.

I not sure he was overrated as much as past his best? Well anyway, I thought he was a good standard for us and there's no doubt he had that winners mentality that our players didn't really have then (now is debatable even for the most part).

He clearly just loves playing. His coming to us was just the beginning of what has been a bit of an odd trajectory in English football really.

I thought he made a massive difference in our piss weak central midfield when he turned up. Past his best when he turned up but significantly better than, say, Michael Brown.

Jol always put him on the left too (which clearly wasn't his best position). Despite this fact, he certainly improved our physical presence in the midfield, and he brought a much stronger mentality to our club.

We always talk about this and that being a "true spurs sort of player".

Hoddle, Ginola, Modric and now Bale.

Well as a foreigner who chose english football for what it is and has become, for me Edgar was the other sort of Spurs player - perhaps not a world beater but still loads of flair, enigmatic, loads of character and wearing his heart on the outside of the shirt.

I will always want to have players like him in and around the team.

Doesn't everyone do the "give me the change in stirling please" (or vice versa)?

Yeah, but it's against EasyJet policy. Pay in Euro's, change in Euro's. Yet Edgar forced the issue and managed to get his change in proper English money. He was pretty badass from where I was sitting (the row in front).

Just goes to show, even if you're on £40k a week, you don't fuck around with cheese sandwich buying.

Back
Top Bottom