Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's where my mention of quality comes into it. We either don't have players making clever runs, or players not good enough to spot them and play the ball.

Or both.

It's at that point you need quick, concise passing to open a defence, a real instinct of what your teammates are going to do. It's been a long time since I've watched Spurs and thought that. Berba and Keane, Crouch and Defoe. Nothing seems to come as second nature to our lot, which either means our training regime is shit, or our players simply aren't good enough to apply it on the pitch.

Or Poch cannot coach the sideways passing out of our team from the AVB era!
I feel like on paper we have it though... Eriksen, Lamela, Adebayor.. even Vertonghen... we have players that have the vision and can pick out a through ball. Maybe we need more than just Soldado making the runs. I dunno.

Spursy :(

I feel like on paper we have it though... Eriksen, Lamela, Adebayor.. even Vertonghen... we have players that have the vision and can pick out a through ball. Maybe we need more than just Soldado making the runs. I dunno.

On the topic of Vertonghen, one of my favourite traits about him is (was) his ability to get forward and hit a piledriver.

I can't remember the last time I saw him do that.

And Adebayor isn't the player anymore to take a game by the scruff of the neck, and make driving runs off the ball into the box. He'd sooner drift out wide.

On the topic of Vertonghen, one of my favourite traits about him is (was) his ability to get forward and hit a piledriver.

I can't remember the last time I saw him do that.
tumblr_mb4m7gIIMl1r1fq7do1_500.gif

I want that Jan back :(

So, maybe it’s because Eriksen is injured etc, but does anyone else wish this chap was still with us?

Mate look at the last time someone posted something here, that should tell you everything you need to know

Don’t become one of those magpie fans we have in abundance

Mate look at the last time someone posted something here, that should tell you everything you need to know

Don’t become one of those magpie fans we have in abundance

We bemoan a lack if tangible depth and quality, and it’s obvious to everyone that we are struggling without that level of creativity.

And to be fair, I had to put some effort into finding this thread... although is suspect that if people wanted to post they may have found it.

We bemoan a lack if tangible depth and quality, and it’s obvious to everyone that we are struggling without that level of creativity.

And to be fair, I had to put some effort into finding this thread... although is suspect that if people wanted to post they may have found it.

Just remember Lamela was still on the bench yesterday and we have Dele and Eriksen to come back, he would never get a game, he is not consistent sadly and won’t do the dirty work, so won’t ever work for us under Poch

It’s why no other big side has followed through despite his ability on occasions

Yeah saw the rumours yesterday that he had been nicked, definitely one of the last people you would think if true.

Back
Top Bottom