Guglielmo Vicario

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn’t even notice them during the game so I don’t suppose it matters but watching highlights I have to say the RED gloves look so wrong - but if yesterday is a sign of things to come I don’t care what colour gloves he wears

It was the red gloves that put Fernandes off the easiest chance of the weekend?

Considering that was only his second proper game and one of his CBs has only just joined too, thought he was excellent. Upgrade on Lloris (mind you, I'd be an upgrade on him;) ), and time will tell if he is the real deal, but the signs are good, IMO.

As a chap who played keeper at a decent level and trained keepers for some years... I love him. Very agile and pretty good positioning (which is the most important thing). Keepers rely on timing and confidence and it looks like he's building those.

I reckon he'll be exceptional.

Yeah, after a while of posting on various footie footie forums. On each and every one a very common denominator is that each forum has a few posters think that their longevity on the forum precursors any form of common sense, decency and ultimately must bring their sanity into question.. if I hadn't seen it so often, honestly I probably wouldn't believe they exist.. but they absolutely do.
Have a random guess who disagreed with the above?🤩

It's sickening that I see certain Spurs fans actively willing a player to fail just because the club didn't sign the player that THEY wanted for the position.

I though he was very impressive on Saturday and that went about as well as you could expect for a home debut against a competitive rival.

He's got things to work on, but it's obvious he's a great shotstopper. He's a bit squirrely but not a complete agent of chaos.

As a chap who played keeper at a decent level and trained keepers for some years... I love him. Very agile and pretty good positioning (which is the most important thing). Keepers rely on timing and confidence and it looks like he's building those.

I reckon he'll be exceptional.
As a fellow competitive keeper, I see many good things and then some mistakes which are understandable as he’s a bit raw.

One thing I like is he never hides… he tries to make a play and take responsibility.

Seems a good shot stopper, his body shape on the Rashford save was excellent… a lot of keepers (even at the highest level) tend to just throw themselves at the ball and I don’t get it… any height on the shot and you’re beat. Stay on your feet as much as possible.

Definitely have seen a bit of indecisiveness when coming off his line but I’m sure the speed of the EPL is quicker than he’s used to, so he’ll adjust.

I actually have a similar keeping style so I may be biased.

Really like him.

He’s got a bit of character about him, I feel like he can be a bit of shithouse to opponents when he wants.

But, he also seems like a lovely guy too!

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

As a fellow competitive keeper, I see many good things and then some mistakes which are understandable as he’s a bit raw.

One thing I like is he never hides… he tries to make a play and take responsibility.

Seems a good shot stopper, his body shape on the Rashford save was excellent… a lot of keepers (even at the highest level) tend to just throw themselves at the ball and I don’t get it… any height on the shot and you’re beat. Stay on your feet as much as possible.

Definitely have seen a bit of indecisiveness when coming off his line but I’m sure the speed of the EPL is quicker than he’s used to, so he’ll adjust.

It's not a Serie A thing, it's an Empoli thing. Going from their low block to Ange's high line is chalk and cheese.

It's all very different to when I used to be a GK at 6th form. When our lot were up their end, I used to take a cheeky bite on a sausage roll. Only minus is that when I had to dive to save a shot, there'd be a distinct crinkly crunch followed by some flattened pastry on the ground where I'd just laid.

Back
Top Bottom