Graham Roberts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love Graham Roberts. Funny, when he said the refs were out for Spurs the media "cancelled" him and some people on here also didn't wanna know. But Roberts said what I've been saying that the FA are/have been/will be anti-Tottenham while Saka-shite can dive and get 'soft' free kicks.

Son gets elbowed against 'Pool, Kane gets elbowed against 'Ski, nothing! Very very clear elbows. How is this allowed to happen?

Look at dirty Gerrard's Villa? They were allowed numerous red card fouls by Graham Scott. Coz Spurs came thru doesn't seem to matter but the Doc was put out for the season and he was on form.

Sorry for off point but I remember what Graham Roberts said and many on here went with the media enemy. He said what I've been saying always....

Soz I've had a Tizer..................

One of my favourites. He does tend to wear his heart on his sleeve. But I'd rather that than not showing his feelings.
Likewise, in my top 5 all time list, even though he played for other clubs that I don't have much time for.

Committed, loyal, no-messing about, John Hollins in the moat at Highbury, the two-fingered salute along the touchline at the same venue, all excellent stuff. However, and whilst I don't expect players to be 'brains-of Britain', once you start mouthing off in public you need to be a bit more circumspect, in my opinion. I'm surprised TalkSPORT haven't made use of his services.

Nevertheless, happy birthday, GR.

43 seconds in:

Why the uncertainty about Miller ? Very much an unsung hero for us it seems. He gets my vote, in many ways he was just as effective as Roberts but in a much quieter way. Everyone remembers Parks penalty save in the 84 UEFA Final, but if it hadn't of been for Millers away goal in the first leg it might not of got that far.
There are a lot of players in the Hall of Fame that don't come close to the influence that Miller had on the pitch. It's a long overdue honour, for both of them.

What about Galvin and Falco? Are they in the hall of honour?

Can't believe Freund is in there before them. Can't believe Freund is in there full stop tbh.

What about Galvin and Falco? Are they in the hall of honour?

Can't believe Freund is in there before them. Can't believe Freund is in there full stop tbh.

No, I don't believe they are, but, I can't imagine that they will go unnoticed. The Hall of Fame/honour gig is a strange one. It's a bit of a slow burner. The club normally trickle feed one or two Legends every year, I suppose if it was any more than this then it would be deemed a free for all, a bit too commercial if you like. Not that that has bothered Levy up until now. Hopefully that side of things is left to the historians associated with the club.
I would tend to agree with the Freund comment but having met him he is Tottenham through and through so perhaps this persuaded the decision makers at the time.

Back
Top Bottom