Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Footballs in those days weighed a ton, it was like hitting a brick. And defenders were savages. Nobody had a clue about nutrition, sleep and all them other value-added things even regular athletes have access to today. Still, Glenn was magnificent. He'd be a Ballon d'Or candidate each year in this era we're in.
Footballs in those days weighed.......exactly the same as footballs today.

However. They weren't as water proof.

Was at WHL for the league cup semi against Woolwich and the replay. We were so on top during these ties and just couldn’t kill them off the jammy gooner bastards. One of my darkest days supporting Spurs. But you are right- such a good side. Hoddle , Waddle, Ardiles, the Allens, Roberts, Gough and Clemence in goal. We were so attractive to watch that season
I can't remember whether Clemence went to or came from 'pool....

Was at WHL for the league cup semi against Woolwich and the replay. We were so on top during these ties and just couldn’t kill them off the jammy gooner bastards. One of my darkest days supporting Spurs. But you are right- such a good side. Hoddle , Waddle, Ardiles, the Allens, Roberts, Gough and Clemence in goal. We were so attractive to watch that season

Didn’t Paul Stewart miss a sitter at the Library?

Back
Top Bottom