Glahsgee Reigngurrs vurses Tawtnum Hawtspurgh! (Thu'Wulter Tull Meymurial Cupa)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Celtic and other Scottish clubs are worse but the still have their fair share. But more than that the just think the are far bigger than the actually are. A Twitter post lead me to their forum sometime last season and a thread where most of them thought they would finish top 6 in the Premier League. Deluded.

Possibly but they are a huge club stuck in a mini league. There is a reason Rangers and Celtic will never be allowed to come into the Prem and that is they will eat the lunch of the likes of Brighton and Brentford. They won’t get top 6 given the competition but given Prem cash they would be able to buy a much higher standard of player than they can buy now and grow.

You clearly have no idea what the word actually means, you plank.
As Tomo pointed out Rangers fans are Unionists and want to remain as part of the UK

You’re thinking about Celtic
lol 😝

And you call me a plank????

Celtic and other Scottish clubs are worse but the still have their fair share. But more than that the just think the are far bigger than the actually are. A Twitter post lead me to their forum sometime last season and a thread where most of them thought they would finish or challenge for the top 6 in the Premier League. A deluded bunch.

*led

Possibly but they are a huge club stuck in a mini league. There is a reason Rangers and Celtic will never be allowed to come into the Prem and that is they will eat the lunch of the likes of Brighton and Brentford. They won’t get top 6 given the competition but given Prem cash they would be able to buy a much higher standard of player than they can buy now and grow.

Any side coming up from the Championship could say that though. Their current squad is full of bang average players and having the odd good night in Europe here and there is far different than doing it ever week in the Premier League. Kent is one of their better players but he was average in the Championship.

Exactly. With their current revenue and team they'd be struggling in the bottom half of the PL (despite a nice Europa cup run), but with PL TV money they'd challenge for top 6 definitely..

Any side coming up from the Championship could say that though. Their current squad is full of bang average players and having the odd good night in Europe here and there is far different than doing it ever week in the Premier League. Kent is one of their better players but he was average in the Championship.

Yes but a championship club is in the championship becuase they where shit enough to get relegated. Rangers are stuck in the Scot’s prem because of geography.

If Spurs and West Ham where stuck in the Scots prem all of our elite players would leave, it’s big fish in a small pond situation.

Exactly. With their current revenue and team they'd be struggling in the bottom half of the PL (despite a nice Europa cup run), but with PL TV money they'd challenge for top 6 definitely..

When people ask would Ranger and Celtic do well you have to split in to two parts

Short term: one of them might get relegated and it would be a struggle given the depth of their squads over the season.

Long term: much bigger revenue plus fanbase size would make both of them quite big and successful at the expense of the likes of Brighton or even West Ham.

Yes but a championship club is in the championship becuase they where shit enough to get relegated. Rangers are stuck in the Scot’s prem because of geography.

If Spurs and West Ham where stuck in the Scots prem all of our elite players would leave, it’s big fish in a small pond situation.

My only original point being is they think their current squad is much better than it is due to some good results in Europe. Many of their current players wouldn't stand out in the Championship, never mind do anything in the PL.

I hear all the evidence but I have always liked the idea of Celtic and Rangers playing in the EPL.

It would add extra competition but you can understand why mid table and low table prem teams would be against it.

The prem is already the most competitive league in the world, adding Rangers and Celtic would push the prem considerably beyond any other leagues in Europe. At the moment the prem is slightly ahead of La Liga but Rangers and Celtic long term would make the gap wider as Rangers and Celtic would move the likes of Brighton and Brentford out of the way.

Last edited:
My only original point being is they think their current squad is much better than it is due to some good results in Europe. Many of their current players wouldn't stand out in the Championship, never mind do anything in the PL.

I agree with that but that is more the fault of the mini league they play in and all its implications. They have done really well to put together a competitive European team given the poor general standard of the league they play in.

I agree with that but that is more the fault of the mini league they play in and all its implications. They have done really well to put together a competitive European team given the poor general standard of the league they play in.

More atmosphere than anything. I'll give them credit for that, Ibrox can be a wonderful venue under the lights. As can Celtic Park. But without a bunch of good signings they would get comfortably beat most weeks in the Premier League.

More atmosphere than anything. I'll give them credit for that, Ibrox can be a wonderful venue under the lights. As can Celtic Park. But without a bunch of good signings they would get comfortably beat most weeks in the Premier League.
Didn't Wimbledon try to relocate to Ireland?

Long term: much bigger revenue plus fanbase size would make both of them quite big and successful at the expense of the likes of Brighton or even West Ham.

They aren't guarantees though. Otherwise Newcastle would do much better than they do generally, as they are as big as both Rangers or Celtic in regards to fanbase and revenue.

Ibrox can be a tricky place to go because in one off games here and there the can raise their game. Like smaller clubs can now and again in the FA Cup when taking on better opponents. But trying to do it every week is a completely different ask.

If you're playing plodders like John Lundstram most weeks, you're really struggling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom