Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So as we can only have 2 loan players after we announce Fernandes, we cannot loan another player until we convert Lo Celso to our player. Levy really needs to get on with it.

So as we can only have 2 loan players after we announce Fernandes, we cannot loan another player until we convert Lo Celso to our player. Levy really needs to get on with it.

So what do you want? Cut Lo Celso lose and loan in another player? I haven't seen anywhere near enough from Lo Celso at Spurs to believe he's worth £27.3m.

I don’t understand this. Did he not make it 90 mins in Spain? Looking at his Betis games he played plenty of 90s
"If I start the game the same way we played the last 25 minutes, we couldn’t [maintain it]. [Erik] Lamela couldn’t play 90 minutes that way, Giovani [Lo Celso] didn’t have the intensity to play that game for 90 minutes.

....what?

What are you questioning? Lo Celso's played less than 300 minutes for Spurs, and apart from scoring against RSB, hasn't done much of note. From his performances so far, I don't see enough to say he's worth buying outright ahead of 20+ other creative midfielders we could get for less. I'm not saying we cut him lose, but I certainly don't think we have enough evidence to sign him right now.

What are you questioning? Lo Celso's played less than 300 minutes for Spurs, and apart from scoring against RSB, hasn't done much of note. From his performances so far, I don't see enough to say he's worth buying outright ahead of 20+ other creative midfielders we could get for less. I'm not saying we cut him lose, but I certainly don't think we have enough evidence to sign him right now.

Do you realize what the market costs these days? Or are you just a blind locelso hater?

Clueless

I think GLC will be up for it.
He comes new into the PL, is left mostly on the bench and when he is given a chance, it is for just ten minutes or so.
So how can anyone judge him fairly?
And when he has gotten more than 10 minutes, he's been one of the few bright spots in the team!

And just like that he scores. But forget him, right? 20 other creative midfielders better than him at this price, right???

Hope he's not injured. He's great. As I said in the match thread, if he's not signed on a permanent deal, José and Levy should be imprisoned for crimes against football.

I was really impressed with him last night. He seemed to be working hard and was covering a lot of the pitch. He was trying to get some chances for himself as well as looking to create them for others. He has pretty good vision too, he had decent awareness of where his team mates were and played some neat little passes. They didn't always work, but it's good to see someone being a little more creative.
I hope Levy makes his deal permanent this month, I think Gio could be a great asset for us.

Back
Top Bottom