Georges-Kévin N'Koudou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure he'll be given another year. We'll be making more signings and young players like Edwards will be wanting to get a chance. His comments are excellent though and match up to what I've seen from him. He was way too giggly and excited when he first came here and didn't look to be the man whenever he got the chance.

Not sure he'll be given another year. We'll be making more signings and young players like Edwards will be wanting to get a chance. His comments are excellent though and match up to what I've seen from him. He was way too giggly and excited when he first came here and didn't look to be the man whenever he got the chance.
What's the point in signing a player, never giving him a chance, then getting rid of him for someone we'll just be doing the same to next season?

A pointless merry go round. Stick with what we have and make him part of the team.

What's the point in signing a player, never giving him a chance, then getting rid of him for someone we'll just be doing the same to next season?

A pointless merry go round. Stick with what we have and make him part of the team.

So we should have kept Stambouli and not bought Wanyama? Fazio instead of Alderweireld? Townsend instead of Son?

So we should have kept Stambouli and not bought Wanyama? Fazio instead of Alderweireld? Townsend instead of Son?

You've listed players who had, in my opinion, hit their limit. I believe GKN has more in terms of potential and he's now coming to realise what he needs to do to make it at Spurs, with that in mind I feel he can push on next season and start getting some more appearances.

Stambouli was given a chance, Fazio was given a chance, Townsend was given a chance, GKN hasn't had a chance.

See the difference between them?

But why hasn't he been given a chance? Because he hasn't done enough in training. It's not complicated. Poch sees him play every single day.

Poch is turning out to be the upgrade we needed on AVB... :pochlol::avbcringe:
So why can't GKN be the upgrade we need on N'Jie?? :clintonohshit:

Just gotta give him a chance.

Poch is turning out to be the upgrade we needed on AVB... :pochlol::avbcringe:
So why can't GKN be the upgrade we need on N'Jie?? :clintonohshit:

Just gotta give him a chance.

Would be quite funny to see the backtracking, should N'jie and N'koudou both stay and turn into our version of 2010/2011 Lennon/Bale

Nice little review of GKN's performance t'other day....

Nkoudou might have saved his Spurs career
Nkoudou's promise, Sterling's moment, Janssen's effort - Spurs talking points

"Yes, it was just a friendly, but Georges-Kevin Nkoudou showcased something important during the match - his versatility. The young Frenchman has shown only fleeting glimpses of the potential that led to Tottenham paying Marseille £11m for his services last summer.

The 22-year-old played just 49 minutes of Premier League football this season across eight substitute appearances, with a sprinkling of cameos in various cups.

One constant in most of those performances was that Nkoudou was playing out wide, well wide, the old chalk on the boots cliched winger, and he was often so isolated he probably didn't get into double figures for touches of the ball this season.

Whether that was asked of him or not, such a wide attacker does not fit well into a Mauricio Pochettino system where the midfielders in the final third switch sides constantly.

So it was refreshing to see Nkoudou come off the left wing and turn up in more central areas of the pitch and in turn he looked rather good.

Yes, the opposition, while title winners, were not of the highest standard, but what was encouraging was the amount of times he took charge of situations, driving at defenders, switching the play and putting in good balls to his team-mates.

The confidence he showed in those 45 minutes, playing a big part in the second goal as well, may just have given Pochettino a glimpse finally of a player he feels he can develop. Nkoudou may not go the way of Clinton Njie, there may be hope for him yet."

You don't know why he hasn't been given a chance nor do I. All we know is he's haven't gotten the chance to make an impact.
Do you think Pochettino and his team are watching Netflix during training? They do actually see a hell of lot more of the players than what we'll ever do...

Do you think Pochettino and his team are watching Netflix during training? They do actually see a hell of lot more of the players than what we'll ever do...

Read any players auto biography and they will all tell stories of players who were shit in training and a revelation in a real game and vice versa.

I'm in Poch's WhatsAp group and he just told me to watch the newest season of Master of None so I think that settles that debate.
:pochserious2:

N'koudou has nothing to prove talent wise. Either give him a run or sell. Poch has this thing about attitude and training. Maybe n'koudou isnt serious eitherway its too costly to waste a player on the bench.

N'koudou has nothing to prove talent wise. Either give him a run or sell. Poch has this thing about attitude and training. Maybe n'koudou isnt serious eitherway its too costly to waste a player on the bench.

He explained lately that Poch wanted him to be better at pressing and other aspects of his system. He's young, so no rush.

Back
Top Bottom