Gareth Bale's Transfer Documents Leaked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would have been nice to see them both play for Spurs at the same time. Oh well.

Don't be glum, chum.

I reckon the reason Bale tweeted that is because he's being shipped back over to us within the week and he's getting a head start making friends at the lane.

Madrid can keep the £30m they still owe for him, we'll dish them another £30-40. Or they can have Townsend... whichever they prefer ;).

And then we'll win the league with our willies out.

Seems rather convenient that when these documents are leaked he praises a Spurs player - when was the last time he even mentioned us on Twitter? Might have been the Capital One Cup final against Chelsea last year which is coming up to nearly a year ago.

He's even praised Woolwich since then.

I personally think Bale is a coward. He took the easy way out. The path of least resistance. Instead of winning trophies and attaining glory at a place where it would have been tough (but entirely possible), he went to a place where any old passenger could win. He's a great, great player, but he could have been an absolute legend, a giant of the game, had he stayed here.

With that said, I don't really harbor any I'll feelings for the guy, because he did what 99% of footballers do. He's a faux glory hunting lemming.

Thanks, but I'll take a guy who loves the club and wants to build things here.
:kaneear:
absolute nonsense, he did the right thing for his career and has won a CL medal and copa del rey scoring in both finals while earning a qtr of a million euros a week-I hold absolutely no grudge whatsoever against him or Modric. They both stayed longer than i expected and Levy refused to seel Luka to those chav cunts, we have to accept where we were then.

absolute nonsense, he did the right thing for his career and has won a CL medal and copa del rey scoring in both finals while earning a qtr of a million euros a week-I hold absolutely no grudge whatsoever against him or Modric. They both stayed longer than i expected and Levy refused to seel Luka to those chav cunts, we have to accept where we were then.
Refused to train. Fuck him.

Don't be glum, chum.

I reckon the reason Bale tweeted that is because he's being shipped back over to us within the week and he's getting a head start making friends at the lane.

Madrid can keep the £30m they still owe for him, we'll dish them another £30-40. Or they can have Townsend... whichever they prefer ;).

And then we'll win the league with our willies out.
or he's been told to make sure he's friendly with our youngsters and remind them how much he enjoys playing his football in spain.....

Yeah, but you'd stick to your contract. It was unprofessional. He wouldn't even listen to new wage proposals.
I know it's a little different but a few years ago me and my colleagues had a 3 year pay deal in place and half way through this we had the markets crash and money was tight, we were still promised that despite this, providing we meet our targets we would still get the agreed pay rise in the 2nd and 3rd years.

Despite this when push came to shove we were offered nothing due to the market crash/recession and they said the contract was void due to extraordinary measures they had to take to stay afloat(this is a multimillion pound company)

We stuck to our contract, attended work, dealt with breakdowns and completed electrical exams as is the job but..... We did everything 100% by the book - everything was electrically/mechanically isolated, barriers were put in place and risk assessments etc were carried out before we picked up a spanner, this cost them thousands over the 10 days this went on but they couldn't touch us as we were working to the letter of the law(impractical usually) - in the end they relented and paid up.

But the point I'm trying to make is that people, even sports stars work for money and even my 3/4% pay rise was enough to change my attitude, very few of us will unfortunately ever be in a position to understand what effect millions of pounds extra will do to the thought process and the way it makes us think, we also don't know what was said/promised behind closed doors previously so I choose not to judge him for moving on.

I accept it could have been dealt with better but I can't condemn someone who has a gagging order preventing him from telling his side of the story.

I know it's a little different but a few years ago me and my colleagues had a 3 year pay deal in place and half way through this we had the markets crash and money was tight, we were still promised that despite this, providing we meet our targets we would still get the agreed pay rise in the 2nd and 3rd years.

Despite this when push came to shove we were offered nothing due to the market crash/recession and they said the contract was void due to extraordinary measures they had to take to stay afloat(this is a multimillion pound company)

We stuck to our contract, attended work, dealt with breakdowns and completed electrical exams as is the job but..... We did everything 100% by the book - everything was electrically/mechanically isolated, barriers were put in place and risk assessments etc were carried out before we picked up a spanner, this cost them thousands over the 10 days this went on but they couldn't touch us as we were working to the letter of the law(impractical usually) - in the end they relented and paid up.

But the point I'm trying to make is that people, even sports stars work for money and even my 3/4% pay rise was enough to change my attitude, very few of us will unfortunately ever be in a position to understand what effect millions of pounds extra will do to the thought process and the way it makes us think, we also don't know what was said/promised behind closed doors previously so I choose not to judge him for moving on.

I accept it could have been dealt with better but I can't condemn someone who has a gagging order preventing him from telling his side of the story.

That "gagging order" as you put it is completely standard. I worked for the BBC on a short term contract, and that was in there.

That "gagging order" as you put it is completely standard. I worked for the BBC on a short term contract, and that was in there.
No doubt about that but the simple fact that he can't say anything stops me personally from assuming he was the only bad guy

Refused to train. Fuck him.
was clearly made promises the summer before by levy as was Luka-they didn't go to United or chavs and we did very well out of them both as players and sales. i don't hold grudges any more for players who move on especially when they were being held back by dross and constant changes in manager at times.

He didn't train - that was unprofessional. We're going around in circles here.
I know he didn't train, I agree 100% it was totally unprofessional, I'm not even saying it was not all his fault - I'm just saying we don't know all the facts, he always seemed like a decent lad who loved spurs at the time and for me something just doesn't seem right that he came in one day and decided he wanted out so I'm not even going to train.

When he left it hurt me and that pain is still there lol but we don't and probably never will know all the facts behind why it happened the way it did so I can't just rip into a guy who brought me so much joy in the past, its like telling people you hate the girl who jilted you after you proposed lol

Anyway like you said circles so we can leave it there pal, I've only got 3 1/2 hours left at work anyway lol

Back
Top Bottom