Funny / Unusual memories of following spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the things that I have always remembered just when the premier league started was the fucking awful pre match entertainment we had back then. Anyone remember Bucks fizz before the villa game. Fucking dreadful.

Also for those of you that caught klinsmanns debut in lily-white, a pre season friendly away at watford. A ferret ran on the pitch and Ian walker tripped up trying to catch it. The prick.

I realise this is a bizarre thing to pull you up on, but it was a stoat. That is pretty much all I can remember from that game (I was quite young).

Fucking hell Windy, How could you tell the difference, I don't even remember the score from that game. Great blog by the way!

The last day of the 2008 season we played Liverpool who beat us at the Lane. As we won the Carling Cup that year, I thought I'd hang around and clap the players for a good season. Usually I go, as I can't be asked hanging about. As the players got towards the Park Lane end, Robbo and Keane started kicking footballs into the stand. I sit in the upper section so was surprised when one of the balls was coming towards me.

I and a few others tried to catch Keane's effort and just as I was in pole position to catch it, the bloke behind me pushed me forward. The tip of my ring finger went into the ball and snapped. I swiftly took off my ring to find that I had broken my finger.

By the time I got out of the stadium it had swelled up quite a bit. I wouldn't have minded, but a few weeks later Keane was signing for Liverpool while my finger was out of action for 8 weeks. Don't know what I resented more, him joining the reds, or smashing my hand up.

Every season after the last home game, I always get some smart arse telling me not to try and catch any footballs. :smile:

Wigan at home in the FA cup quite a few years back.

It was on a friday night for some strange reason, and I went to the Bricklayers at about 4PM.
Subsuquently drank 3 pints, and 2 pitchers of beer before the game.

My mate found me at half time in the toilets face down in a cubicle sleeping, with sick all down myself.
Still ended up going Rudolphs after the game
:ledley:

I was at the 9-1 against Wigan - it was my second game. I had cut myself shaving in various places (I think it was my third time using a straight razor and there is a steep learning curve). It was an incredibly bizarre feeling to go through in any case but as the third goal went in, my face felt a bit odd. I brought my hand to my face and saw quite a lot of claret come off it. I used a tissue to stop the bleeding, but every time we scored it started again from three quite decent-sized cuts. I think I left the ground with my face covered in blood but smiling - must have looked mental.

After the game when we beat Leeds 4-2 to avoid relegation. Standing on the pitch at the end of the game, I turned to my mates and said "What a fucking brilliant season", and they all agreed.

We'd just avoided relegation FFS!!!!

Seriously celebrating a Gascoigne free kick that had gone inches wide. I was eight and with my Granddad who I think was embarrassed enough to not talk to me for the remainder of the match...lots of people laughed at me.

Mentioned it before i think, but my first unacompanied trip to WHL in the 82/83 season against Norwich.
It all kicked off in the lower Shelf when two female Skins decided to kick the living daylights out of each other. Really sureal, they were mates from what u could work out. Absolute carnage followed, blood, hair(from their mutual feathercut styles), some guy who tried to split them up got royaly spanked by both of them for his trouble, then got kicked out by plod, no high viz stewards back then. About 10 mins later the girls were best mates again and having a good laugh about the poor fucker that got ejected.

Obviously. Had it been at up north somewhere it would have deffo been a ferret, probably being chased by a whippet

I always thought it was a pole cat on the pitch at Watford that day. I was not there but a friend who works for the RSPCA was and he was telling everyone it was a Pole Cat. He did laugh when mentioning Walker trying to catch it....

Back
Top Bottom