Financial Results - Year Ended 30 June 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£3m bonus for Levy is an utter pisstake.

Guy obviously scores his own performance review, given fans were calling for his and ENICs heads, we sold our best player and we finished 8th.

Good Old Daniel says we can "now optimise the true value of key assets". He'll never know how much that phrase warms my heart.
I've supported Spurs for 65 years just so I could optimise the true value of key assets. I want that on my tombstone - "He optimised the true value of key assets."

The twerking for Abramovich-esque ownership is depressing. Would rather go trophyless for the next 20 years than fall into the ownership of people who've got blood on their hands. Not to mention they achieved all that they have through cheating.
And don't come at me with the "Joe Lewis is facing charges for insider trading". Yes, there are barely any "good" billionaires but you've to be delusional to think they are both on the same scale of "bad".

This is all spurs are about now. Compare us on the pitch. This money doesn't elevate the fans experience or bring on field success. Great off of it (so great you'd question why they're taking away concessions) but on it meh. We could run on far less profit and actually really try to push on on the pitch but we all know the profit is what it's really all about. All everything is about from the owners point of view is revenue,profit etc that's it. Which is why them charging such high prices is such a piss take.

I know Levy got a 3m bonus for completing the stadium in 2019, but what is the latest bonus for, any idea .
Perspective is everything and Because he can? Does he deserve it ?...no fan of his whatsoever but in his defence he lives and breaths thfc sometimes working up to 18 hour days 7 days a week.
I dare say ange earns far more than him and he Still doesnt earn as much as the best paid players who are mostly brain challenged and can fuck off when they like it seems for another pay day.

Last edited:
"Levy’s pay increased by £316,000 to £3.581m for the year ending June 2023, up from £3.265m for the previous 12 months, while the total earned by Spurs’ directors was £9.07m, up a significant £3.221m from £5.849m in 2022."

"Levy was also paid a £3m bonus over the course of the year, taking his total earnings to £6.581m, despite him facing significant unrest from supporters during a dismal 2022-23 campaign"

Directors and Levy are doing well I see.

This is a brilliantly unintentionally funny thread.

Takeaways from the financial reports:

EBITDA of 138 million is up -25% year-on-year. Will drop no doubt in the next returns because of lack of European football. I doubt anyone will report such positive results (City from Treble-winning revenue perhaps?)

The stadium is an absolute cash cow — even on non match days. You can scoff at go-karts and NFL matches but they’re increasing our bottom line immensely. The stadium debt ( 3.1% @20 year avg ) isn’t a drag at all.

Our wages/revenue ratio is still the lowest in the EPL. If Tottenham is intent on improving the squad, it must go up. Having said that, it will go up regardless as our reported revenue will fall at the end of this year as we’ve had no European football. 2024 will be an interesting percentage.

If I turned in these kind of financial results, I would probably get a £3m bonus too.

View: https://x.com/SwissRamble/status/1777231797224448323

View: https://x.com/SwissRamble/status/1777231802941280646

Gross revenue more than doubled (actually over 250%) over last 10 years to new club record.

Wages 2.5 times higher than in 2014 (9 years ago) to a new club record of £251m - that figure will include high earners Kane, Lloris and Dier but exclude last summer and winter signings wages of Vicario, Ven de Ven, Maddison, Johnson, Solomon, Dragusin, loan signing Werner and returning loanees Lo Celso and Udogie as well as a full season of Porro so its not clear what current years wages will be. But a general trend of wage growth to reflect an increase in squad quality funded by revenue growth is here to stay !

Debt is not really an issue - the stadium debt is funded by bonds with an interest rate of circa 3% average repayment date in 20 years, first tranche of circa £30m in 2028 which is manageable. Build up of transfer debt is simply reflecting a lot of transfers over last 3 years with most transfer fees being contractually repayable over 5 year length of player contracts. Incidentally Spurs continue to show significant bank balances at year end, this year £174m to demonstrate liquidity.

Losses are not a problem for PSR as they include large depreciation costs on stadium which are not included in PSR calculations.

This is all spurs are about now. Compare us on the pitch. This money doesn't elevate the fans experience or bring on field success. Great off of it (so great you'd question why they're taking away concessions) but on it meh. We could run on far less profit and actually really try to push on on the pitch but we all know the profit is what it's really all about. All everything is about from the owners point of view is revenue,profit etc that's it. Which is why them charging such high prices is such a piss take.

So spend more with less income = trophys?

Ok... Break that down for us.

What damage? They've won everything, their fans have seen some of the best players ever to grace the premier league and they currently sit in touching distance of 8th.

Didn't we finish 8th last year?
Are you serious?

If they're found guilty of even half of what they've been accused of, they run a very real risk of being decimated.

Then there's a high probability of them being stripped of their titles and other honours, both European and domestic.

Would you trade your future for that?

Ange's comments from todays press comments. Whilst not specifically about Levy's bonus the bit about we're not Banks rings true and why a large bonus last year when we finished 8th and no bonus the previous year when we finished 4th.

Is there not a financial pressure to qualify for the Champions League given the revenue it generates?

Yeah but it doesn’t guarantee everything. I keep saying it, I don’t know why people don’t understand. So if I ask you, Newcastle made the Champions League last year, did it help them this year?

Financially it did, yes.

But we’re not banks, we’re football clubs. We’re not financial institutions. I don’t get measured by the balance sheet at the end of the year. You can see how difficult it is to juggle Champions League if you aren’t building a squad and to be fair to Eddie, he’s had horrendous injuries this year. Makes it hard. What I’m saying is, Champions League, great. Money, great. Does that mean we’re going to finish third next year? No. in fact it is probably going to be more challenging.

So my role in that is not to worry about the financial pressure of making Champions League, it is to create a squad that hopefully can compete in the Champions League and keep improving in the Premier League and have success in the cup competitions. That’s where I differentiate. Of course, everyone if you’re not going to win the league, get into the Champions League because of the financial rewards but that’s not the measure. How much money you make is not why you get into the Champions League, it is what you do with that money. Do you build on it? Do you build a squad or do you say because we’re in the Champions League next year, we’ll be great.

Ange is not concerned with money as his job is a football manager.

Levy's role is to ensure enough money is available to put together a squad over a period of time (and Ange has said several times that might take 3 windows). So given just being in CL makes enough money to buy at least one player outright, its totally correct for Levy to prefer the manager to get into CL at any possibility to maximise money available to buy players.

So no surprise Ange is not to worry about financial pressures - that's not his role. But it is Levy's role

These figures are a bit misleading as there is a 72m write down on the stadium every year for 10 yrs. Another 5 to go . That’s 288m over the last 4 years . Just about covers the 300m.
Wages are still under 50% of revenue.

"Levy’s pay increased by £316,000 to £3.581m for the year ending June 2023, up from £3.265m for the previous 12 months, while the total earned by Spurs’ directors was £9.07m, up a significant £3.221m from £5.849m in 2022."

"Levy was also paid a £3m bonus over the course of the year, taking his total earnings to £6.581m, despite him facing significant unrest from supporters during a dismal 2022-23 campaign"

Directors and Levy are doing well I see.
All that while taking away concessions. And people still can't grasp this and can't get Levys cock far enough down their throat. It's truly unbelievable. For me it also shows that within the club they base their success completely off of money because if it was based off on field success you'd have to have some front to justify this after the past 20 odd years. Or in fact just the last 3 or so. Outrageous.

Back
Top Bottom