FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manchester United.

That's bad enough but could have been worse if I were delayed 10 days: Bubbles, 30 years undefeated even back then, World Cup winners 3 years ahead of schedule, and champions of Europe 60 years in advance.

I see there is a lot of dislike towards Coventry here .Any chance for a smaller team to beat a team that size should be applauded.
I suppose it’s from 87 and I don’t remember it because I was 7.
That said I have hated Everton and always will for 1995 and that was only the semi final!
But Coventry v Utd in 2024 is Jason v Goliath and in 1987 Spurs v Coventry it was probably more even in terms of resources .

I see there is a lot of dislike towards Coventry here .Any chance for a smaller team to beat a team that size should be applauded.
I suppose it’s from 87 and I don’t remember it because I was 7.
That said I have hated Everton and always will for 1995 and that was only the semi final!
But Coventry v Utd in 2024 is Jason v Goliath and in 1987 Spurs v Coventry it was probably more even in terms of resources .

We all hate a few teams for random /personal reasons I think.

I’m sorry. I can’t take that reason seriously when the season finishes so we decide to fly off to Australia to play a match there.

Those pesky fifa and uefa guys!!
I don't totally dispute that.

But the only reason lower league clubs value replays is to get some more money. So just switch the tie to the bigger ground and give them the money.
The argument they are making is dumb, as 99 times out of 100 they don't even get the replay.

I don't totally dispute that.

But the only reason lower league clubs value replays is to get some more money. So just switch the tie to the bigger ground and give them the money.
The argument they are making is dumb, as 99 times out of 100 they don't even get the replay.

Something special about the magic of the cup and big teams going to shitty grounds. The fact you could still get a replay and go to a big ground is pretty special too.

Used to play football with a few guys who had been in one of those type of matches.
They will remember it till they die. And get plenty of beers bought for them along the way!

The romance is going from the game though. It’s just big money and countries sportswashing nowadays.

Something special about the magic of the cup and big teams going to shitty grounds. The fact you could still get a replay and go to a big ground is pretty special too.

Used to play football with a few guys who had been in one of those type of matches.
They will remember it till they die. And get plenty of beers bought for them along the way!

The romance is going from the game though. It’s just big money and countries sportswashing nowadays.
Do you think Marine FC enjoyed getting beat 5-0 to a reserve Tottenham side?
And all they got for it was the home game receipt. They could have done that at Spurs and made a fortune.

If all it ever really boils down to is money, then replays should be removed from the conversation.
Talk about how the smaller clubs can make up for the potential lost income and deal with that problem.

Finding some of the articles odd, why would winning a semi final have been their greatest achievement. Winning the FA Cup (against us 😱) would have been, obviously ignored as pre- premier league

Back
Top Bottom