FA cup - The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester, SUN 10/01/16 = 16-00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

bring Vorm in

nah rest a few, I think Kane has to be one of them

Lloris
Trippier Dier Wimmer Rose
Mason Bentaleb
Andros Lamela Onomah
Son

wouldn't mind seeing that but I doubt we'll see so many changes and suspect we'll have a pretty strong team out there. Just thinking about what type of rotations we could make.

I'm just worried we don't tire too quickly since the players did seem very jaded towards the end of the Everton game

Do we keep the same team or bring a few fringe players in for this? I doubt they will be going full strength..
I'm going for a 2-1 home win COYS.
Fringe players galore please.

--------------------------------Vorm---------------------------------
Trippier---------Alderweireld----Wimmer----------------Rose
---------------------------Mason---Benteleb----------------------
------Onomoah---------------Carroll------------------Chadli---
----------------------------------Son-------------------------------

I still remember Vorm costing us this match last season. It's interesting that our new younger and fitter team have the chance to avenge our cup defeats from last season with Leicester in the FA Cup and Fiorentina in the Europa League.

Last edited:
I still remember Vorm costing us this match last season..
...and pretty much turned their entire season around, not to mention gaining the momentum to carry that on into this season!

This game could well define what happens 3 days later... beat them on Sunday, and they've got to regroup and do it all again 3 days later... if we lose/weaken our team, they'll be brimming with confidence for the league game regardless of what team we put out!

BEAT THEM SUNDAY... then fucking BEAT THEM AGAIN! ...thass what Winners do!

It's interesting that our new younger and fitter team have the change to avenge our cup defeats from last season with Leicester in the FA Cup and Fiorentina in the Europa League

That sir, is very well spotted!!

REVENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGE!

JUST FUCKING WIN IT.
That is all.
btsVAs0.gif

I can imagine Poch will make some changes for this weekend. Obviously not as easy in the striker department as Kane is our only out and out striker. Would like to see Onomah, Bentaleb and Mason given some game time.

Vardy missing for them is huge for both this game and the league game. I'd like to see us have a little FA Cup run but I think the league is more important. Nevertheless we should go all out to win this.

Beat them twice in a week to really show they aren't up there with the big boys.

As SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy said our second string is far stronger than theirs. For the FA cup they will have to rest or risk burnout just like we would.

If they play a full strength we would still be in with a shot and they would be screwed for the league game. If they play their second string to rest for the league game we should definitely win.

When you get to this point in the season and have two quick games squad depth will start to be a factor.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Wimmer, Rose, Mason, Bentaleb, Onomah, Carroll, Chadli, Son][/formation]

Jesus fucking christ...some of the fucking comments and opinions here....weakened teams ? Omonoah ? Fucking chadli ?

Seriously when are some of you simple cunts gonna wake up and understand the game.......THIS IS THE ONLY TROPHY WE STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING !!..Do you not fucking understand that ?

Getting 4th, qualifying for the champions league [thats if we win the qualifier].....then going out in the group stages[ which we will] is not fucking success.

Getting to wembley, hugo lifting the trophy at wembley in front of milions of people around the world, and infront of 50 thousand yids packed into one end of the stadium......thats fucking success..!!!

Some of the comments on here is exactly what is wrong with this game, and you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

No doubt this post will probably get about 100 disagrees, which i couldnt give a flying fuck about...but before you do....sit down and have a think, what is the game really about ?

Jesus fucking christ...some of the fucking comments and opinions here....weakened teams ? Omonoah ? Fucking chadli ?

Seriously when are some of you simple cunts gonna wake up and understand the game.......THIS IS THE ONLY TROPHY WE STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING !!..Do you not fucking understand that ?

Getting 4th, qualifying for the champions league [thats if we win the qualifier].....then going out in the group stages[ which we will] is not fucking success.

Getting to wembley, hugo lifting the trophy at wembley in front of milions of people around the world, and infront of 50 thousand yids packed into one end of the stadium......thats fucking success..!!!

Some of the comments on here is exactly what is wrong with this game, and you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

No doubt this post will probably get about 100 disagrees, which i couldnt give a flying fuck about...but before you do....sit down and have a think, what is the game really about ?

Is it about posting photos of dying football fans? I seem to recall you thought that was appropriate a while back.

I won't be attaching much weight to your opinions as a result.

Back
Top Bottom