FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have to say I do like oasis and noel gallagher high flying birds but noel gallagher really is an arrogant cunt as a city fan. Thinks he knows the game and probably cant kick a ball straight. A lot of fans out there like that.

The way I see it is same old really we lost we are out it's forgotten.They blew us away really could have been 3 or 4 we didn't really have a shot being the home side. We are a top 6 side that's about it 😂

The way I see it is same old really we lost we are out it's forgotten.They blew us away really could have been 3 or 4 we didn't really have a shot being the home side. We are a top 6 side that's about it 😂

Yeah we were 2nd best all night. The stats showed that but we are better than a top 6 side and we will comfortably prove that come the end of the season.

Personally I think the ref should have stopped it the first time it happened and it would have stopped.
The pundits were saying that Vicario should be stronger but you can't jump for the ball if you're knocked off balance constantly.
Now let's watch a few games and see if the ref blows up for a foul because I would lay money on it that they will .
100%

Look at the goal again build up. We have the ball Vic gives it to cuti who cheap it over our pen box to VDV who then passes back to Vic. Vic then kicks it but only to city player inside our half. They then attack and kdb shoots gets corner. In the 87th min we are at home and pissing about with the ball at the back deep in our pen box! We saw all game them pressing us and we never beat it. If he clears the ball further up field we don’t give them an easy run at our goal. In fact although Vic has been great he never gets any real distance when kicking the ball. Actually no one in the team except Porto at times can kick it long and over the top or never attempt it.
Basically we shit ourselves in the foot with conceding that corner. We were playing for a fucking draw so pissing about with the ball at the back.
We beat the press loads actually. Its the ball into our forward players that killed us.

He doesn’t have the pace for any game! Even when he moved to RW he was pretty much useless. Why Ange still doesn’t give one of the youngster a go is beyond. Ffs if we are to lose go out all guns blazing not wimp wristed performance we put in.

We weren't losing until the 87th minute.

If he'd brought on Santiago on 85 and we'd lost what do you think the reaction would have been?

Furthermore the crowd were calling for Maddison from 35 minutes. Obviously football fans are, by and large, idiots, but you'd think more of them would have known that after 3 and 1/2 months out and one training session, Maddison was always going to be next to useless in any game let alone playing against the best technical and hardest pressing side in the world.

:cautious:

I've had a few messages this morning from mates and relatives (mostly non-Spurs) who thought we played well. Can't have been that bad. I need to watch it again now my head's clear.

It's pretty much how they have been coached to play. Small fouls, break up the play, delay the free kick, get back into shape. Same ar Barca.

Problem is, if ref's punish the small fouls, it ends up punishing genuine attempts for the ball and the game becomes a non contact sport.

What made it worse last night in the 2nd half was another ‘tactical foul’ and Tierney could quite easily have played advantage as we were on the attack in a good position but no he blew up, stopped play and let them reset!
So no advantage to us and, once again, their tactical foul was successful

Last edited:
Oh Jeez.

I remember "fans" having a go at Redknapp because he didn't celebrate goals "in the right way"

of all the things that are irrelevant it is your post

ridiculous
My post irrelevant on a private message board ? I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over it. For the record I pay to watch Spurs and Ange gets paid for the same privilege and it his job to face the scrutiny of the media and look them in the eye when doing so man up ffs!

Tbh I don't watch pre match pressers and rarely watch post match but someone asked me a while back (about a dozen matches ago) why Ange always looks down when being interviewed? I hadn't noticed before and I'm pretty sure he didn't do it in the beginning and doesn't appear to do it pre match when sat down for those pressers so why after every game? Wish it hadn't been brought to my attention because he does every fecking time after the game and it is annoying. No more than that though and certainly no more than an observation rather than a criticism, I am still 100% behind AP and make no apologies for not taking the time to explain the grammatical difference between irk and ire.

Can't fault them really, it's one of those shitty games that don't go right. I thought we played well really but let ourselves down in attack.
No cohesion or fluency. The break surely didn't help but some credit to city they didn't make it easy. I think there was a bias in refereeing that was not there when we had the 3-3. No complaints in that game but this game it was like the ref wanted to give them every possible advantage.

Numerous 'tactical' fouls unpunished. This isn't a small issue because that is many attacks that are stopped by fouls, that need to be recognised and punished. Also, repeated fouling seems to not be an issue for say Silva or Rodri. It's perfectly fine.
Udogie gets booked for kicking Silva, moments later Walker does similar, maybe more deliberate foul on Udogie, no booking.
Cunt ref kept stopping us taking quick free kicks. How the fuck only 5 minutes given at the end, and the VAR stoppage did not get taken into account, so VAR ate most of those 5 mins. Of course a dodgy goal as well, the sort that dippers or city would not get given against.

These are not reasons why we lost, that is down to us. However when you are up against a team as strong City, and those factors are also against you, it makes it much more difficult. Can't afford an off day in any part of the pitch.
It's a shame our final third play wasn't as good as normal.

A cunty result but our lads gave their all. I hope they can shake off the rustiness in attack and get back to scoring ways next game.

I've had a few messages this morning from mates and relatives (mostly non-Spurs) who thought we played well. Can't have been that bad. I need to watch it again now my head's clear.
We did play well overall against top notch opposition and I don't think that can be denied, particularly when their winner fell in the dubious goal category. Where the (my) frustration comes in is in front of goal,1, yes one feckin attempt.
:klinsmann:

Stats like that, at home, will therefore only make you open to a reverse regardless who we are playing and sadly we got what we deserved.

So are we just meant to accept that we never win a trophy ever again ?

And continue wanking over all the revenue we get for top 4
No of course not. But we got beaten by a better team on the back of draw that could have been kinder. We didn’t play particularly well, but they’re better than us. We also missed our star forward and 2 key midfielders as well as Maddison not being fit.

This is why I hate the 22 years one cup bollocks as if all those seasons are exactly the same. Finishing 14th vs the poch years of top 2 finishes and reaching the CL final. Even the year we won the fuckin league cup we had a shit league finish.

Seasons need to be judged in context. The last 22 years have not all been the same.

Back
Top Bottom