F.C Internazionale Milano -v- Tottenham Hotspur - 14/03/13 - Europa League Last 16 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like Clint has suffered from the chronic Spurs '2-week minor injury' which would see him return to the pitch in December 2013

Back then they had Eto'o and Sniejder

Now they have Cassano and Kovacic

...and 'back then' we also had Bale to dig us out of a hole!

I think tonight is going to be very much like the game last night, Inter have nothing to lose and I reckon will go all out for an early goal, just so we don't start getting presumptuous!

Then again, they could sulk for 90 minutes like stroppy sulky Italians who don't get their own way!!

Could be a nervy 85 minutes if we concede early folks... Jus' sayin'!!!

Pfew, just noticed kick-off is at 6pm. At the Lyon away fixture I didn't notice and missed the first 65 minutes due footballtraining.

Is this a standard schedule, meaning the KO time will never be the same over 2 matches in one round?

I think tonight is going to be very much like the game last night, Inter have nothing to lose and I reckon will go all out for an early goal, just so we don't start getting presumptuous!

Personally, I've found we play much better against teams who try and play football - we have been clinical on the counter and find it easier to open them up and create spaces in the final third. Something which is hardly possible against some of the cloggers in the PL, hence our poorer results in the league

If they go all out attack, I think we'll pick them apart on the counter - like a ripe fruit from an orchard tree

th

th

What about these then.

Scott Parker says Spurs are 'coming stronger'

Johnny PhillipsPosted 13th March 2013

Scott Parker's appearance at the Nightingale Academy in Edmonton Green this week went down as well as you'd expect, with students keen to show off their football skills on the school's pitches and then attentively participating in a Q and A session with the England midfielder.
Spurs' partnership with the academy is one of many that the Tottenham Hotspur
spacer.gif
Foundation has forged in the area. The school was struggling both academically and with behavioural issues amongst the students, but by basing coaches from the club at the school and offering both sporting activities and educational assistance, Nightingale Academy is already experiencing a turnaround in fortunes.

ScottParker_2914152.jpg

Andre Villas-Boas and Scott Parker are looking forward to an exciting future
Parker
spacer.gif
was impressed by what he saw, saying, "Grassroots work is something I'm aware of from growing up and I think it's good that a club like ours can support something like this and offer help to kids. When you can come into a school like this and they see a player representing the club it gives them a lift."
Transition

Despite the weekend's defeat at Liverpool,
spacer.gif
which the player believes was a setback in the pursuit of a Champions' League place, Spurs are making fine progress this season. The travails of the early part of the season seem a distant memory.

"I think we've done very well. There has been a lot of transition," added Parker. "We've moved to a new state-of-the-art training ground which is very, very good. We've had a new manager come in too. There was a lot of negativity around his appointment but he's done a fantastic job. He's turned a lot of opinion round, including some of our own fans.

"I think we're progressing steadily. Things have gone pretty well, we're playing some good stuff. It was disappointing at the weekend, especially coming out of such a long run of games where we were unbeaten. I suppose runs do come to an end, albeit you want them to last as long as possible. But we need to keep improving and fighting for that fourth spot."
So much of the focus recently has been diverted on to Gareth Bale's form. The Welsh winger appears to be getting better by the week, but Parker was keen to stress that it is more than just a one-man team.
"We're a very exciting team, we've got a lot of pace in our side. Our forward play is very eye-catching. But we've also got a good defensive base behind that which is important. It's a very good squad to be involved in."
Stronger

Parker has endured a frustrating wait for to get a run in the side this season. He picked up an Achilles tendon injury while away on international duty at last summer's European Championships and has only recently put the problem behind him. As he prepared to fly out to Italy for the second leg of the Europa League tie with Inter Milan,
spacer.gif
the 32-year-old acknowledged the challenges that lie ahead for the remainder of the season.

"When you play Thursdays and Sundays it can put a lot of pressure on you as a team but I think we're coming stronger. We realise that we've got some difficult fixtures coming up, but I think we're in a good place at the moment, but we need to bounce back from the defeat at the weekend, which I'm sure we will. There's a great attitude amongst the lads and that's our first aim, to do that and go on another run."
The players are clearly driven on by a desire to be successful at home and abroad. I also asked Parker how long it would be before Spurs could be spoken of as genuine title-challengers. It wasn't a question he shied away from but he recognised the dangers of getting too carried away, preferring to focus on the here and now. The priority has to be Champions' League qualification but there has been enough evidence in recent months that Spurs have the ability to challenge higher up. The supporters can look forward to an exciting future under Andre Villas-Boas.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,22712_8562265,00.html

Nervous as hell.

I hope we go full throttle counterattacking football with Defoe and Lennon with license to roam and press high and with Sigurdsson as a sort of false #9 in the middle.

Parker, Dembélé and Holtby in midfield.

EDIT: If Lennon still not fit, then Holtby on the right and Tom Carroll in midfield for some calm touches and the odd deep pass.

Defoe was very poor, but IMHO he will be much better suited for the type of game we are looking to play.

Mind, Ade has been poor too, some say even worse.

If all goes well, after 60 minutes we should have created enough fast breaks for an away goal while keeping Inter from scoring more than 0-1 goals. That would be the ideal time to bring on Ade to slow down the game.

Overall what rattles me the most is the shocking lack of attacking cover. If they play "my" suggested XI the only attacking players available for the bench in the entire squad are a quasi-fit Dempsey and out of form Adebayor. The rest are midfielders and defenders.

Not happy with that at all.

Pfew, just noticed kick-off is at 6pm. At the Lyon away fixture I didn't notice and missed the first 65 minutes due footballtraining.

Is this a standard schedule, meaning the KO time will never be the same over 2 matches in one round?

I think every Euro away this season has been a 6pm (UK time) kick off hasn't it?!

We'd never kick off a home game at that time #obvs

Back
Top Bottom