F.A Cup Draw

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree that football should be on Saturday. 5.30 is an okay time, but not 12.45...and most games at 3. And all European and cup games should be Tuesday or Wednesday, as well as the odd league programme (with derbies scheduled for those dates). Unfortunately I can't see this happening, at least in the short/medium term.
In the 80's there were early KO because it was before the pubs opened and there were always trains laid on at away games, whatever time you played because the local police wanted the trouble quickly out of their town?

Maybe we need to rise and rebel against the whole structure of modern football and fight for whats best for supporters rather than TV? My feelings are that away supporters are not welcomed and slowly will be reduced at most grounds as as happened over the years?
I do agree with you, but I just know that the TV companies wouldn't allow it as a fair amount of people watch whatever football is on, therefore they make more money from staggering it. My proposal was meant to be a 'realistic' one that may be accepted, but in fact it probably wouldn't be anyway due to the influence of the big clubs who want to retain their advantage over the EL teams who are generally breathing down their necks. On that note, I would LOVE to the goons in the EL and to hear Wenger moaning about the Thursday-Sunday thing, he'd be doing his nut.
i would also like to see the scum moan as well as Utd/Chaves .
I have to agree but the militant in me wants to upset the Sky culture TV. I hate with a vengeance Sky TV. The influence it has on football. Time ago it was Thatcher, early KO before the pubs opened. Cattle cart trains to take away supporters home. All seat stadiums reducing capacity and so on so ticket prices went up. The working class game has had a battering over the years and although very wealthy (for the few) has lost its sole. I sometimes watch highlights of lower division teams and they play to empty stadiums. I will always watch and support Spurs and hate the others . Football has lost something that maybe will never be replaced and will become apparent when it all goes pear shaped.

Some decent teams through, in terms of away days..Derby, Cambridge, Bournemouth, Brighton, etc. I still think the F.A have fucked these fixtures up for this round. How can they televise TV games on the Tuesday but not the Saturday night? Joke.

FT Blyth Spartans 2 - 3 Birmingham City
FT Bolton Wanderers 1 - 0 Wigan Athletic
FT Brentford 0 - 2 Brighton & Hove Albion
FT Cambridge United 2 - 1 Luton Town
FT Charlton Athletic 1 - 2 Blackburn Rovers
FT Derby County 1 - 0 Southport
FT Doncaster Rovers 1 - 1 Bristol City
FT Fulham 0 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
FT Huddersfield Town 0 - 1 Reading
FT Leicester City 1 - 0 Newcastle United
FT Millwall 3 - 3 Bradford City
FT Preston North End 2 - 0 Norwich City
FT Rochdale 1 - 0 Nottingham Forest
FT Rotherham United 1 - 5 AFC Bournemouth
FT Tranmere Rovers 2 - 6 Swansea City
FT West Bromwich Albion 7 - 0 Gateshead FC
FT Barnsley 0 - 2 Middlesbrough

Admin Admin can you edit the title to the fourth round draw please. dont think another thread is needed, but if someone else wants to do one, then go ahead.

So, the draw is tonight at 7.35pm GMT. Who does everyone want?

1. Woolwich, 2. Southampton or Ipswich Town, 3. Stoke City, 4. Blackburn Rovers, 5. Crystal Palace, 6. AFC Wimbledon or Liverpool, 7. Manchester City, 8. Rochdale, 9. West Bromwich Albion, 10. Birmingham City, 11. Aston Villa, 12. AFC Bournemouth, 13. Reading, 14. Swansea City, 15. Cardiff City, 16. Bolton Wanderers, 17. Sunderland, 18. Burnley or Tottenham Hotspur, 19. Millwall or Bradford City, 20. Derby County, 21. Brighton & Hove Albion, 22. Fulham or Wolverhampton Wanderers, 23. Leicester City, 24. Scunthorpe United or Chesterfield, 25. Everton or West Ham United, 26. Cambridge United, 27. Chelsea, 28. Middlesbrough, 29. Sheffield United, 30. Manchester United, 31. Preston North End 32. Doncaster Rovers or Bristol City.

I know I sound like a broken record, but Millwall please.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/30480919

Admin Admin can you edit the title to the fourth round draw please. dont think another thread is needed, but if someone else wants to do one, then go ahead.

1. Woolwich, 2. Southampton or Ipswich Town, 3. Stoke City, 4. Blackburn Rovers, 5. Crystal Palace, 6. AFC Wimbledon or Liverpool, 7. Manchester City, 8. Rochdale, 9. West Bromwich Albion, 10. Birmingham City, 11. Aston Villa, 12. AFC Bournemouth, 13. Reading, 14. Swansea City, 15. Cardiff City, 16. Bolton Wanderers, 17. Sunderland, 18. Burnley or Tottenham Hotspur, 19. Millwall or Bradford City, 20. Derby County, 21. Brighton & Hove Albion, 22. Fulham or Wolverhampton Wanderers, 23. Leicester City, 24. Scunthorpe United or Chesterfield, 25. Everton or West Ham United, 26. Cambridge United, 27. Chelsea, 28. Middlesbrough, 29. Sheffield United, 30. Manchester United, 31. Preston North End 32. Doncaster Rovers or Bristol City.

Pretty much any lower league team away that we haven't been to in a while. So Ipswich, Rochdale, Millwall/Bradford, Brighton, Scunny/Chesterfield, Cambridge, Preston, Donny/Bristol City. Though I'm sure we'll end up getting home to someone like Swansea, Stoke or Villa...

I hope we draw AFC Wimbledon

Back
Top Bottom