F.A Cup Draw

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On what basis?
Because TV selections were made a couple of days ago, along with the scheduling of every other match in the 3rd round being confirmed. Official FA Cup website listed (and still lists) our KO time as 3 pm Saturday. So it was a completely reasonable assumption to make that we would be playing on the Saturday.

Last train back to London leaves Burnley at... wait for it... 8:12 pm! Would like to see the club lay on a small army of coaches for this one - fat chance of that happening though

I hope we boycott this one. We should buy zero tickets and send a statement with a totally empty away end. You can't just fuck your fanbase around like this.

"We are fully aware that the date for this match may present problems to some members of our fan base intending to travel to Turf Moor and we are currently in the process of confirming details to assist with transport arrangements"

Give them a chance at least, lets see what the "assistance" is first

I don't think its Tottenham's fault tbh, but playing it on a Monday night is ridiculous. If anything, sounds like Burnley have trouble organising the game (lack of stewards on the Sunday, only opening 3 stands for the match on the Monday).

Anyway. why have the Premier League scheduled a game for New Years Day, knowing that the 1st Saturday of January is always FA Cup 3rd round weekend. This situation was always going to arise. We play Chelsea Thursday night at 5.30, no chance we should be playing 3pm Saturday after that.

The first day that everyone will go back to work, Monday night and not on TV? What an absolute farce.
Better off playing it Monday day time, at least then anyone who wants to go can get there and back in a day!

I feel sorry for the fans who are inconvenienced by this, and if they feel that strongly about it they should boycott the game.

However, for me it's far more important that the game suits our players, not the fans, as they are the ones who are facing a ridiculously tough schedule currently. We play Chelsea on the Thursday night before Burnley away. No way can we perform to our maximum by playing on the Saturday straight after, and not really on the Sunday either.

Just as I would prefer wherever possible our Lge games to be played on a Monday night instead of a Sunday after Europa games, so I'm fully behind this being on a Monday.

It gives us time to recover from Chelsea, yet also time to recover before the weekend game following the Burnley match.

So I congratulate the club (and Burnley) on this bit of scheduling, and look forward to us still being in the FA Cup for the following round.

I feel sorry for the fans who are inconvenienced by this, and if they feel that strongly about it they should boycott the game.

However, for me it's far more important that the game suits our players, not the fans, as they are the ones who are facing a ridiculously tough schedule currently. We play Chelsea on the Thursday night before Burnley away. No way can we perform to our maximum by playing on the Saturday straight after, and not really on the Sunday either.

Just as I would prefer wherever possible our Lge games to be played on a Monday night instead of a Sunday after Europa games, so I'm fully behind this being on a Monday.

It gives us time to recover from Chelsea, yet also time to recover before the weekend game following the Burnley match.

So I congratulate the club (and Burnley) on this bit of scheduling, and look forward to us still being in the FA Cup for the following round.
yeah but when we get knocked out...SCENES

So train up saturday to manchester, stay at YHA then back sunday...

then bus up monday lunch, watch us draw, then sleep on a bus to work on tuesday...

fun times!

Well if we get knocked out by Burnley, I won't be too happy, but I think we have a better chance by playing on Monday rather than Saturday.

Didn't we used to play Christmas Day and Boxing Day? And Good Friday, Easter Weekend & Easter Monday?

We're playing Leicester 3pm Boxing Day, and Man United Midday on the 28th? That's not a problem though is it? Oh, because we get TV money for that one.

Football without fans is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom